OR - In memory of Tesslyn O'Cull, 3, Lane County, 14 June 1997

imthemom

Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread for Tesslyn, as I have never seen one here about her. I have read about her stroy about a year ago. I have become obsessed. I can't get this little girl out of my mind. I cry for her almost everynight when I pray for her. She was tortured so badly by her mother and her BF. I just hope that she was not conscious for most of her abuse but we will never know. As I write this, I am looking at my own baby girl who is only two months older than Tesslyn when she died. I think how sweet she looks, like a little angel. I can't fathom how this mother turned away her own baby, never coming to her cries and participating in her abuse and then covering up her murder. If that weren't enough, her and her BF Jesse Compton were giddy in the days after her death and were talking of having a baby boy together. I have added Tesslyn to my myspace. Here is the link. I might not be so overcome by this story if I knew that Tesslyn had been comforted in some way, not left to suffer and die alone in pain. There were so many people that could have saved her but they all turned their heads. They told of how she would cry for hours after Jesse had been the room with her and he wouldn't let anyone comfort her. I just don't want to believe there is so much evil in this world. The only comfort in this is that I know she is in God's arms now, never to be hurt again.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=254966571

Here is Tesslyn's story.
http://tesslynn-ocull.memory-of.com/

She is the poster child for abuse in Oregon.

Her is a picture of Jesse Compton.

http://web.chi.es/isidro/humanismo/pena/pena_03.htm

I wanted to start a thread for Tesslyn, as I have never seen one here about her. I have read about her stroy about a year ago. I have become obsessed. I can't get this little girl out of my mind. I cry for her almost everynight when I pray for her. She was tortured so badly by her mother and her BF. I just hope that she was not conscious for most of her abuse but we will never know. As I write this, I am looking at my own baby girl who is only two months older than Tesslyn when she died. I think how sweet she looks, like a little angel. I can't fathom how this mother turned away her own baby, never coming to her cries and participating in her abuse and then covering up her murder. If that weren't enough, her and her BF Jesse Compton were giddy in the days after her death and were talking of having a baby boy together. I have added Tesslyn to my myspace. Here is the link. I might not be so overcome by this story if I knew that Tesslyn had been comforted in some way, not left to suffer and die alone in pain. There were so many people that could have saved her but they all turned their heads. They told of how she would cry for hours after Jesse had been the room with her and he wouldn't let anyone comfort her. I just don't want to believe there is so much evil in this world. The only comfort in this is that I know she is in God's arms now, never to be hurt again.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=254966571

Here is Tesslyn's story.

OHMYGOD. I COULD NOT FINISH READING THIS STORY. I AM SO CHOKED UP NOW. SHE IS NOW IN THE ARMS OF OUR DEAR LORD, NO MORE PAIN OR SUFFERING.

I Am Sitting Her Sobbing. This Story Is One Of So Many Horrible Stories Of Child Abuse, Murder. Something Has To Be Done To Help These Babies.

This Is So Horrible. Dear Lord This Horror Has To Stop. All These Poor Babies Being Tortured.

Here is Tesslyn's story.

This probably sounds crazy, but is there a way to send that Jesse Compton a letter telling his what a low life, scum sucking, he is? Any word on Tesslyns mother?

Oh I wish I hadn't read this and watched the video on your MySpace. How horrific, it's appalling that there were witnesses and no one did anything to help her.

I'm sure Tesslyn is adored and treasured in Heaven, joyful and safe with God. She's someone's special angel now, may she rest in peace.

I have never heard of this poor baby and wish to God I had not clicked on the link.
May she rest forever in God's arms...and hell's hottest fires aren't near enough punishment for her mom and bf. The mom is worse than the bf for allowing this to go on!

I know of Tesslyn. Her mother is my sis in laws cousin. She doesn't talk about her much as that is understandable.

I remember when she was first buried here. Desert View Memorial Park is in Victorville, San Bernadino county, Ca. The next Memorial weekend and every Memorial weekend since my Boy Scout Troop has honored her. We put flags out for veterans and when they are all covered, we give the scouts all the extras to put where they want. They always go to the section where the children and babies are buried. My sis in laws son (my nephew) is no longer in scouts but we always make sure we put a flag out for her. This year it took us longer to find her grave than usual as the cemertery is getting more full.

This was such a horrible time my my SIL (Carol) and her family. She was close to her cousin and Tesslyn at one time years ago when she lived in Oregon as well. I haven't talk to her about Tesslyn in such a long time. I will let her know about the Memorail site.

That is just so horrible! I can't understand how things like this happen.

Why don't people tell the authorities when they witness this kind of abuse? I'm asking for real. Does anyone have any insight into this?

I'm sitting her just sobbing! I will never understand how a person can do something like this--no matter how many classes I take, no matter how many people I speak to!! This is an atrocity. So many people could have helped her and DID NOTHING! Why didn't they call the cops when they saw him dragging her by her hair? In my opinion all of them are contributors to her death!

Ok, I just want to apologize and claify my above post. I just got off the phone with my sis in law. Stella, Tesslyn's mom, was a friend, not cousin of hers. She was actually closer to Tesslyn's father Jason. He was a family friend.

Carol stopped communicating with Stella before Tesslyn's death. She said Stella and her bf started getting weird with her. Stella was making what she felt were sexual advances towards her one night when she visited them. She didn't suspect any abuse so this may have happened after they stopped communicating.

She actually found out about Tesslyn when she saw her grave while the Boy Scouts were putting out the flags. (this was about 9 or ten years ago) She saw Jason, Tesslyn's father at the Home Depot in Victorville where she worked one day and he had told her all the details of Tesslyn's death. Like I said, Carol hasn't mentioned much more about it over the years. I told her tonight about the site. It's late but she was thankful and was going to check it out. She did mention one detail though - Jason had told her that they put her in a laundry basket before they buried her.

I usually don't read the threads that deal with missing or abused children because they depress me, but the name Tesslyn stood out. Small cyber world....

Ok, I just want to apologize and claify my above post. I just got off the phone with my sis in law. Stella, Tesslyn's mom, was a friend, not cousin of hers. She was actually closer to Tesslyn's father Jason. He was a family friend.

Carol stopped communicating with Stella before Tesslyn's death. She said Stella and her bf started getting weird with her. Stella was making what she felt were sexual advances towards her one night when she visited them. She didn't suspect any abuse so this may have happened after they stopped communicating.

She actually found out about Tesslyn when she saw her grave while the Boy Scouts were putting out the flags. (this was about 9 or ten years ago) She saw Jason, Tesslyn's father at the Home Depot in Victorville where she worked one day and he had told her all the details of Tesslyn's death. Like I said, Carol hasn't mentioned much more about it over the years. I told her tonight about the site. It's late but she was thankful and was going to check it out. She did mention one detail though - Jason had told her that they put her in a laundry basket before they buried her.

I usually don't read the threads that deal with missing or abused children because they depress me, but the name Tesslyn stood out. Small cyber world....

So sorry Rosario for your sis in law. No matter, what she actually knew this little baby and I not evening knowing her in life, it really tears me up. I think about her all the time. I think about the cops coming and not looking under that blanket, WHY DIDN'T THEY LOOK? Could you ask you sis-in-law if Stella was ever good to Tesslyn? I had read somewhere once that her father tried to get custody but was blocked. Why didn't they just give her to her daddy if they didn't want her?

I have never heard of this poor baby and wish to God I had not clicked on the link.
May she rest forever in God's arms...and hell's hottest fires aren't near enough punishment for her mom and bf. The mom is worse than the bf for allowing this to go on!

I agree, the mom is worse, I don't know how she could sit by and doing nothing for her poor baby girl. She should have got the death penalty too. It is too bad they get to die humanly unlike poor Tesslyn.

That is just so horrible! I can't understand how things like this happen.

Why don't people tell the authorities when they witness this kind of abuse? I'm asking for real. Does anyone have any insight into this?

Hipmama, there's many reasons why people don't go to the authorities. Unfortunately one of them is that they'd actually have to get involved. It's the old "It's not my kid". People that saw this poor babies own mother allwoing that figure "Well the mom thinks it's O.K.". Factor in anybody that witnessed that in that house were there for the drugs. They're not going to do anything because they are already doing something ilegal. Saddest of all I think is we're still a culture that believes children and animals are property and this may have happened here. The neighbors threatened to call police and Compton said he'd kill them. No doubt he may have, but who'd have even told they were calling? This poor, poor baby may she rest in peace.

Oh I wish I hadn't read this and watched the video on your MySpace. How horrific, it's appalling that there were witnesses and no one did anything to help her.

I'm sure Tesslyn is adored and treasured in Heaven, joyful and safe with God. She's someone's special angel now, may she rest in peace.

I should have warned, sorry. Although I would like to take credit for the myspace. It is not my page. I just added her as a friend as I hope everyone who has a myspace will to keep her memory alive. I am also sure she is so happy in heaven. There is a picture on the myspace pics page with Tesslyn sitting on Jesus's lap, it is so beautiful and that is how I try to think of her now.

This probably sounds crazy, but is there a way to send that Jesse Compton a letter telling his what a low life, scum sucking, he is? Any word on Tesslyns mother?

Not sure about that as he is on DR and I don't know how much contact they are allowed. I have done searches on Tesslyn's mom but can't find anything. I just want to know that she is suffering in prison somewhere.

I agree, the mom is worse, I don't know how she could sit by and doing nothing for her poor baby girl. She should have got the death penalty too. It is too bad they get to die humanly unlike poor Tesslyn.

I agree with you, the should be tortured like "IT" tortured poor Tesslyn. Did you see the picture of him? There is a link where you can see his picture. "IT" looks like an arrogant SOB.

I know of Tesslyn. Her mother is my sis in laws cousin. She doesn't talk about her much as that is understandable.

I remember when she was first buried here. Desert View Memorial Park is in Victorville, San Bernadino county, Ca. The next Memorial weekend and every Memorial weekend since my Boy Scout Troop has honored her. We put flags out for veterans and when they are all covered, we give the scouts all the extras to put where they want. They always go to the section where the children and babies are buried. My sis in laws son (my nephew) is no longer in scouts but we always make sure we put a flag out for her. This year it took us longer to find her grave than usual as the cemertery is getting more full.

This was such a horrible time my my SIL (Carol) and her family. She was close to her cousin and Tesslyn at one time years ago when she lived in Oregon as well. I haven't talk to her about Tesslyn in such a long time. I will let her know about the Memorail site.

I read about Tesslyn and cannot get her out of my mind. What this poor sweet baby endured is unimaginable to most of us. It breaks my heart that people knew this was abusing, & torturing her and no one was there for her not even her own mother. Thank you for letting us know where Tesslyn is buried, I live about 30 minutes from there. I will visit her this Sunday, I will tell her how much she is loved and that there are people that care.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back