871 users online (148 members and 723 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

MO - Zach Gamble, 16, Kansas City, 24 Dec 2007

http://www.kmbc.com/news/14932655/detail.html

27 Dec 07

Zach Gamble has not been seen since Christmas Eve.

"We went to bed and woke up Christmas morning and he was gone," said Christy Miller, Zach's mother. "I think maybe he wanted to walk around and something happened to where he can't come back."

more at link

pic

I wonder if it is a habit of his to wander around at night. I wish they had a picture where you could see his face clearly.

Possible Myspace?

Well, this is the only result in myspace that I could find under Zach Gamble in Missouri. I wonder if this is his site or not.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=173882373

more info

His mother has set up a website - www.zachgamble.com which has further info, pictures, etc.

She has no reason to believe that he has run away. The police will not investigate unless there is a sign of foul play, she is being told - because of his age.

Please let me know if these links aren't allowed here.......

Here is his girlfriend's (could be ex) myspace page

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=294287755

Also I found a livejournal for her that is pretty interesting to say the least....you have to click on each blog entry to read the whole thing. Seems like nobody wanted them together.

http://t-s-crow.livejournal.com/

Also a gaia profile and there is nothing on that profile page but it does have a link right below the big picture at the top of her profile that says view my posts or something like that and there are some posts about her and him.

http://gaiaonline.com/profiles/?u=10768010

Still looking........

Bumping for Zach

8 days and still nothing....

The link for his girlfriend is my daughter and they were still together until all of this has happened. It has been 8 days and have had no leads from anywhere or anything. This is tearing up my daughter and myself and I can only imagine what it is doing to his family.

His mom has made a website for him at www.zachgamble.com and a facebook page at http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7207582308 so you can read all about Zach - he is a really good kid.

If you know of some way to help, no matter what it is please let us know! The police say they will not even investigate any of it because they believe he is a runaway. But how many runaways do you know leave with 20.00 laying on their entertainment system? And how do the police know it is a runaway situation if they do NOT investigate to find out? Or maybe it was in the beginning and something happened to him - how would they ever know? The Raytown, MO police have been absolutely NO help in any way and have left his family hanging.

Please if anyone, anywhere knows something, please, please, please let us know.

Here is a copy of the most recent flier

Last edited by fallingfeather; 01-01-2008 at 05:23 PM. Reason: add to it

Fallingfeather, I mentioned this on another message board I'm a member of.....I know that it's probably not much comfort, but Zach's name and website information are popping up on lots of diverse message boards, so there are many, many people hoping for his safe return. It's a crying shame the police won't investigate. Can the local television media provide some exposure, and maybe some shame on the PD for not helping more?

media

There are two newstations that have picked up the story, ran it once, but no leads came in as a result of the broadcasts.

I know Zach's mom and I know she is doing everything she can and well, having to do all the footwork herself because the police are being no help.

It's shameful that LE won't investigate due to thinking that Zach may be a runaway. Any child disappearing whether they could have run away or not should be investigated. Zach has such beautiful hair. I hope he is quickly found.

My prayers for Zach to be found safe. It just makes me so mad that the police won't investigate this. 16 is still a child and everybody possible should be done to find him.

Love that child's hair. He's a beautiful young man.

Does anyone know if he had already received his gifts? Or were there gifts waiting for him on Christmas morning? Because if he had gifts waiting, no way would he walk off. I've had a total of five sixteen year old boys in my home over the years, and they would all have been here on Christmas morning, because they would want to get the goodies! Good point, feather, about the $20......that certainly speaks of a boy who was planning to return home that night.

I see we also have a friend of Zach's momma here with us. It's so good to be able to get solid information, and doodle and feather, welcome and THANK YOU. We are praying for Zach, praying for his soon and safe return.

I am horrified at the police reaction. May I ask a couple of tough questions? I apologize in advance, but I feel like maybe the answers could point to what direction to begin to search. Has Zach run away in the past? (I'm wondering if this is why LE isn't investigating.) Does Zach have a history of depression or drug use? (Sorry. I have 16 year old boy who dresses all in black, only he goes for the skin tight varity.....my boy suffers from depression and has hurt himself in the past, so maybe I'm projecting here.) If he suffers from depression, Christmas can be a terrible time of the year, and I would worry about suicide. If he is a drug user, perhaps he has a net-work of friends that he is hanging out with.

Again, I'm praying big time for his safe return. I've got a boy that age, and oh, gosh, I can imagine the hurt and desperation of not knowing where he is and what has happened. Hopefully he will be home before you even read this post!

As far as I know, Zach has not done this before. He is a good kid, as everyone says - makes good grades, etc.

His gifts are still under the tree. He had not received them yet. I understand that Zach also (typically) gets money from family members for Christmas, and he hasn't even received that yet. He also left $20 sitting on top of his entertainment center in his room. What runaway would do that? Or leave before getting more money/gifts?

I actually teach high school students (not in Zach's state) and have found that my "alternative" kids are usually some of my best kids - behavior and academic-wise.
    I'm pretty sure if Zach was a clean-cut/atypical captain of the football team (or vice versa, the homecoming queen) the police would be all over this.

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebird View Post
    As far as I know, Zach has not done this before. He is a good kid, as everyone says - makes good grades, etc.

His gifts are still under the tree. He had not received them yet. I understand that Zach also (typically) gets money from family members for Christmas, and he hasn't even received that yet. He also left $20 sitting on top of his entertainment center in his room. What runaway would do that? Or leave before getting more money/gifts?

I actually teach high school students (not in Zach's state) and have found that my "alternative" kids are usually some of my best kids - behavior and academic-wise.
    I'm pretty sure if Zach was a clean-cut/atypical captain of the football team (or vice versa, the homecoming queen) the police would be all over this.

Ok. His gifts are under the tree. That tells me, and SHOULD tell law enforcement, that when Zach left on Christmas eve, he was planning to be home on Christmas morning. A young man doesn't walk away from gifts.....for all he knew, he had thousands of dollars sitting under that tree, and I think he would have been there to open those packages. I know my kid would want to get his hands on all that (potential) money!

My son, who is what is called a "cutter" is a very good kid, good grades, etc. BUT his looks are atypical, and I can see LE ignoring him, or thinking the worst about him. Although my boy has cut himself up, and does suffer from major depressive disorder, I do not believe he'd run away. I know with all my heart that if he disappeared, LE would assume he'd run off, and I know they would have to be forced into any kind of action concerning actually LOOKING for him. And I would want the police to look for him WHATEVER they thought; wouldn't any mother? Any father? Of course, Zach deserves the same as I would want for my son. I keep going back and looking into his eyes in his photo. He is beautiful. He deserves the absolute best law enforcement has to offer him and SHAME on LE for not looking for him.

I can tell you this: he physically reminds me of my own 16 year old son. He is beautiful; there is something special about him. I will pray for this boy as fervently as I would pray for my own child if he were gone. I look into his eyes and I see a level of innocence that you don't see in a lot of kids his age: some kids are just so innocent, you know? It makes it easy for someone to pull one over on them. I am praying, I will not stop. May Zach come home, even tonight. Even tonight, Lord.

He is such a handsome young man. You can see the care in his eyes in the pictures from his missing flier. I really hope he just needed to get a way for a little while.
    Last edited by Spazkat9696; 01-02-2008 at 11:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast