1543 users online (253 members and 1290 guests)  

Websleuths News

Angry Ex-Pastor sexually harassed by 4 year old

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=103544&src=4

But the Calgary man who once headed his own ministry likely blew his chance of avoiding prison when he took the witness stand and painted his pre-school age victim as a sexual aggressor.

"On a couple of occasions I felt I was sexually harassed," Cooke said. "I think there is psychological evidence that children even in their younger years can become interested in sex."

He later said he did nothing inappropriate to the girl, but pleaded guilty two months ago to avoid putting his family through a trial.

OMGOSH. Thank God the judge saw right through that.

Cooke pleaded guilty in October to one count of aggravated criminal sexual abuse stemming from allegations he fondled the girl in the summer of 2003 while he was visiting family in Lake in the Hills. The girl was not a family member.
    Although indicted in January 2004, Cooke refused extradition back to the United States, setting up a 3 1/2-year legal battle than ended when a Canadian court in June denied his final appeal. Cooke surrendered to American authorities shortly after the ruling.
    The girl's mother read a statement before Cooke's sentencing saying that both her daughter and her entire family continue to suffer as a result of the former preacher's actions. The girl, she said, has gotten into trouble at school for acting out sexually and has difficult making friends.
    "She has stated on many occasions she is a bad person and wishes she had never been born," the girl's mother said. "You can't imagine how hard it is to hear that from your own child.
    "This crime has been an emotional and psychological drain on my entire family and I don't see any end in sight for us." (from the link above)

They expected that due to his age and no prior record he was going to get probation only ... and then he opened his big fat stupid mouth. This is a man who will NOT take responsibility for his actions!

http://www.nwherald.com/articles/200...9010394476.txt

After listening to Cooke's statements, Judge Joseph Condon sentenced him to three years in prison. Condon said the sentence was based partly on Cooke's attitude.

"That just boggles my mind," Condon said to Cooke. "You are willing to say whatever is convenient to you and what is most likely to release the pressure of these proceedings against you."

curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    This kind of sick thinking is the worst thing I have heard in recent days. May this man burn in everlasting hell!
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright

Sadly this is a common defense for child molesters.

There was a case in Texas many many years ago (maybe the 80's?)
    The father spent years molesting and abusing his family and in the end shot them.
    He had been investigated and it was known by DCF he molested his one daughter ....very disturbingly he made the same claims that she at like the age of 4 was the aggressor.

Sick. But that is the typical "excuse" for most molesters. "They wanted it".
    I hope jailhouse-justice will be served.

What a moron.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

What a creep. A 4 y.o. indeed!

This man is just one of a number of sad cases that use this crapola as an excuse ...judges need to wake up to this. Sounds like this one did, tho'. I wonder if he will find forgiveness in prison..