WA - Aaron Larson, 27, shot to death on I-5 by state trooper, 25 Dec 2007

crypto6

Reaction score
A Silverdale nurse who witnessed a State Patrol trooper shoot a man on Interstate 5 in Federal Way on Tuesday questions why the trooper fired a final shot at a suspect who was lying on the ground and already appeared incapacitated

Link

Sounds suspicious to me. The guy was "armed" with a belt.
Then the trooper tried to dissuade RNs from rendering aid after he shot him an extra time on the ground??

Crypto6

Another article with the dad's perspective:

Jerry Larson was trying to get some sleep Monday night when his 27-year-old son, Aaron, sat on the edge of the bed, asking for advice.

Jerry Larson said he shooed his son away, telling him to go enjoy the family's Christmas Eve turkey dinner. He promised they would talk after he had a few hours of sleep, but by the time Larson awoke his son was gone.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004093946_copshooting27m.html

It sounds like the guy had a psychotic breakdown and was trying to ask his dad for help the night before. The officer should have maced him if tazering him didn't work.. The guy was armed with a belt, not a gun, it's not equal force.

It sounds like the guy had a psychotic breakdown and was trying to ask his dad for help the night before. The officer should have maced him if tazering him didn't work.. The guy was armed with a belt, not a gun, it's not equal force.

My thoughts exactly. Sounds like this trooper just wanted an excuse to kill someone; just the kind of guy we want patrolling the roads. Wonder what kind of ongoing psychological health assessment they have for troopers in WA; it may need a bit of tweaking.

Crypto6

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566
Back