1297 users online (234 members and 1063 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OH - Holly Metzger Carruthers, 24, Lexington, 17 Dec 2007

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/...712220309/1002

22 Dec 07

...searched for Holly R. Metzger, also known as Holly Carruthers.

Lexington police said the case is being treated as a missing person report.

Metzger, 34, left home Monday and was seen at Wal-Mart and at service stations in the O'Possum Run Road area around 9:30 p.m.

Police had no new information to report Friday on the single mother of two children.

Metzger's car was found Tuesday morning near Ohio 3 and Ohio 97, near Loudonville.

Cunningham found the abandoned car and had it towed. Later, he spoke to Metzger's son, who told him his mother was missing.

more at link

no pic at link

Why don't they put pictures in with news articles! If anyone saw her they wouldn't know it. Doesn't sound good to find her car but not her. I wonder what happened after she finished her shopping and getting gas? Her poor kids not knowing what has happened to their mom. I hope she turns up and is alright.

A picture of Holly at this link - and some very interesting comments about there being more to Holly's case than meets the eye:

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/...712250309/1002

Still missing

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/...801180318/1002

Holly Metzger (Carruthers) has been missing for a month.

The Lexington woman disappeared Dec. 17. Metzger, 34, was last seen that night at the Wal-Mart Supercenter on Possum Run Road and gas stations in the area of Interstate 71 and Ohio 13, south of Mansfield.

much more at link

pic

Brian Shaffer's father has offered an $8,000 reward in connection with the Metzger case.

I always worry when I hear about cars being abandoned linked with presciption medications. I really hope that Holly returns to her children fit and well.

Found deceased

http://www.bucyrustelegraphforum.com...WS01/803190305

19 March 08

The body of Holly Metzger Carruthers, 34, was found in the Mohican River in southern Holmes County around 9:30 Tuesday morning, which marks almost exactly three months since the Lexington woman was reported missing on Dec. 17.

more at link

It's sad to see that Holly is forgotten after nine years, to those who are still wondering the cause of death was confirmed as drowning but foul play was not ruled out, due to the circumstances of the case, there was never a TRUE suspect. I am asking on how to bring attention to Holly, I don't want her to slip away and be forgotten.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Holly...6DB7uyEQDVM%3A

Holly R Metzger Carruthers

Attached Images Attached Images

Maybe the author of this news report or any of the others, may be willing to revisit this story in light of the date Holly went missing?
    http://times-gazette.com/local%20new...body-recovered
    Family thankful body recovered

Published: March 20, 2008 4:02 AM

By IRV OSLIN
    T-G Staff Writer

Metzger was last seen on the evening of Dec. 17 at Wal-Mart and gas stations in the vicinity of Ohio 13 and Interstate 71 in Richland County.
    Her green Buick Regal was found at about 4 a.m. Dec. 18 at Ohio 3 and Ohio 97 near Clear Fork of the Mohican River in Ashland County.

Information the police have indicates the car probably arrived there sometime between 3 a.m. and 4 a.m., according to Lt. Jeff Hoffer of the Lexington Police Department.

The spot where Metzger's Buick was found is about four miles upstream of where her body was discovered.
    Authorities from Lexington in Richland County, Ashland County Sheriff's Office and Holmes County Sheriff's Office are trying to determine which agency will take the lead in the investigation.
    "This is unusual in that it involved three different counties," Hoffer said. "We met all day yesterday and today. Till we decide one way or the other, we're going to continue to work with the other departments."

He declined to comment further, except to say there are potential suspects being investigated.

Anyone who might have information is asked to contact the Lexington Police Department at 1-419-884-1032, or a local law enforcement agency.
    rbbm.

That is a great idea, I was wondering if I should reach out, or if maybe next year on the ten year anniversary of her death reach out to news sources. I don't want her forgotten, there's so many loose ends in the investigation. I wish Ashland County Sheriff's Department or Holmes County Sheriff's Department took the investigation, as Lexington Police Department does not have detectives, and is very small compared to the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingInYellow View Post
    That is a great idea, I was wondering if I should reach out, or if maybe next year on the ten year anniversary of her death reach out to news sources. I don't want her forgotten, there's so many loose ends in the investigation. I wish Ashland County Sheriff's Department or Holmes County Sheriff's Department took the investigation, as Lexington Police Department does not have detectives, and is very small compared to the other two.
    No harm in starting to reach out to media now, as you have already got the ball rolling.
    Even if nobody does a story right now, it might just get the idea spinning and at least give interested people time to look into it ,imo.

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    No harm in starting to reach out to media now, as you have already got the ball rolling.
    Even if nobody does a story right now, it might just get the idea spinning and at least give interested people time to look into it ,imo.
    Some, like this media invite requests for help.
    http://abc7chicago.com/news/need-a-s...-team/1519522/
    CHICAGO (WLS) --
    Do you have a story that needs to be investigated? The ABC7 I-Team at Eyewitness News in Chicago wants to hear from you!

Complete the form below, email your information to iteam@abc.com, or contact Chuck Goudie on Facebook or Twitter:

Im checking out this guy Shawn M. Grate. I mean seriously Holly didn't just leave Walmart jump out of her car and go for a swim. No video feeds from Wal-Mart security cams? Why? What did the investigators find in her car? Anything? Autopsy reports? A SK in the area Check!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast