OH OH - Holly Metzger Carruthers, 24, Lexington, 17 Dec 2007

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071222/NEWS01/712220309/1002

22 Dec 07

...searched for Holly R. Metzger, also known as Holly Carruthers.

Lexington police said the case is being treated as a missing person report.

Metzger, 34, left home Monday and was seen at Wal-Mart and at service stations in the O'Possum Run Road area around 9:30 p.m.

Police had no new information to report Friday on the single mother of two children.

Metzger's car was found Tuesday morning near Ohio 3 and Ohio 97, near Loudonville.

Cunningham found the abandoned car and had it towed. Later, he spoke to Metzger's son, who told him his mother was missing.

more at link

no pic at link

Why don't they put pictures in with news articles! If anyone saw her they wouldn't know it. Doesn't sound good to find her car but not her. I wonder what happened after she finished her shopping and getting gas? Her poor kids not knowing what has happened to their mom. I hope she turns up and is alright.

I always worry when I hear about cars being abandoned linked with presciption medications. I really hope that Holly returns to her children fit and well.

It's sad to see that Holly is forgotten after nine years, to those who are still wondering the cause of death was confirmed as drowning but foul play was not ruled out, due to the circumstances of the case, there was never a TRUE suspect. I am asking on how to bring attention to Holly, I don't want her to slip away and be forgotten.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Holl...UICCgB&biw=1303&bih=631#imgrc=rvJ6DB7uyEQDVM:
attachment.php

[h=2]Holly R Metzger Carruthers[/h]

Attachments

• 8504a2baee8ae2c9e9eb8d588cdfd32f-400.jpg
    8504a2baee8ae2c9e9eb8d588cdfd32f-400.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 308
Maybe the author of this news report or any of the others, may be willing to revisit this story in light of the date Holly went missing?
http://times-gazette.com/local news/2008/03/20/family-thankful-body-recovered
Family thankful body recovered

Published: March 20, 2008 4:02 AM

By IRV OSLIN
T-G Staff Writer

Metzger was last seen on the evening of Dec. 17 at Wal-Mart and gas stations in the vicinity of Ohio 13 and Interstate 71 in Richland County.
Her green Buick Regal was found at about 4 a.m. Dec. 18 at Ohio 3 and Ohio 97 near Clear Fork of the Mohican River in Ashland County.

Information the police have indicates the car probably arrived there sometime between 3 a.m. and 4 a.m., according to Lt. Jeff Hoffer of the Lexington Police Department.

The spot where Metzger's Buick was found is about four miles upstream of where her body was discovered.
Authorities from Lexington in Richland County, Ashland County Sheriff's Office and Holmes County Sheriff's Office are trying to determine which agency will take the lead in the investigation.
"This is unusual in that it involved three different counties," Hoffer said. "We met all day yesterday and today. Till we decide one way or the other, we're going to continue to work with the other departments."

He declined to comment further, except to say there are potential suspects being investigated.

Anyone who might have information is asked to contact the Lexington Police Department at 1-419-884-1032, or a local law enforcement agency.
rbbm.

That is a great idea, I was wondering if I should reach out, or if maybe next year on the ten year anniversary of her death reach out to news sources. I don't want her forgotten, there's so many loose ends in the investigation. I wish Ashland County Sheriff's Department or Holmes County Sheriff's Department took the investigation, as Lexington Police Department does not have detectives, and is very small compared to the other two.

That is a great idea, I was wondering if I should reach out, or if maybe next year on the ten year anniversary of her death reach out to news sources. I don't want her forgotten, there's so many loose ends in the investigation. I wish Ashland County Sheriff's Department or Holmes County Sheriff's Department took the investigation, as Lexington Police Department does not have detectives, and is very small compared to the other two.

No harm in starting to reach out to media now, as you have already got the ball rolling.
Even if nobody does a story right now, it might just get the idea spinning and at least give interested people time to look into it ,imo.

No harm in starting to reach out to media now, as you have already got the ball rolling.
Even if nobody does a story right now, it might just get the idea spinning and at least give interested people time to look into it ,imo.

Some, like this media invite requests for help.
http://abc7chicago.com/news/need-a-story-investigated-contact-the-abc7-i-team/1519522/
CHICAGO (WLS) --
Do you have a story that needs to be investigated? The ABC7 I-Team at Eyewitness News in Chicago wants to hear from you!

Complete the form below, email your information to iteam@abc.com, or contact Chuck Goudie on Facebook or Twitter:

Im checking out this guy Shawn M. Grate. I mean seriously Holly didn't just leave Walmart jump out of her car and go for a swim. No video feeds from Wal-Mart security cams? Why? What did the investigators find in her car? Anything? Autopsy reports? A SK in the area Check!

I have the coroner's examination, I have the toxicology reports, Holly was under the influence of prescription medication like Seroquel, I need to double check but I believe it was Seroquel. I need to acquire the case files again, my copies were banged up pretty bad from how often I read them before I scanned them to my computer. I have the Walmart video footage, Holly did not look like she was under the influence. There was a woman with Holly, named Chrissy Conrad who denied knowing Holly was missing, and has a violent criminal history, there's too many loose ends in the story. Not to mention her estranged husband at the time Tom Carruthers, who had a history of domestic violence, and one domestic violence case with Holly in 2006.

I do not believe Shawn Grate had any connection with Holly, but I need to bring it up to the detectives just so it is cleared, as Shawn Grate was active in Marion in 2007, but that is 45-50 minutes from the Lexington area.

There was also white residue determined to be sleeping medication in her vehicle, and a cane in her car. It was believed that she used the cane, but this is false, she did not need a cane nor was she injured or had the cane before she left her home that night.

Her purse and belongings were found in her car. She was not robbed. Do you know the cause of the death?
Did the friend have the cane? If not she may have picked someone up who needed "assistance" Its human nature to see someone struggling and want to help. A hitchhiker with a disability would be a good farce.
The powder residue is interest too. Was she addicted to pills? Maybe she just be came disoriented pulled over and wandered to her death

Another thing that would be helpful is just laying everything you know right out here like the the cane, the white powder ect. otherwise it's just a guessing game. You don't remember if her death was ruled accidental, suspicious, homicide, overdose?

I want to state briefly before I post this first part of my summary, that Holly had mental health issues and substance abuse issues she struggled with, her death was a result of drowning, but not officially declared accidental or purposely by homicide, the case remained open until 2014, until it was closed at the request of a family member in order to see what information the police had gathered.

Let's Begin,

I’m going to lay out everything that I know about the case of Holly Metzger-Carruthers this is part one of my summary, Holly was officially declared missing by law enforcement on December 17[SUP]th[/SUP], 2007, though we are going to go through the night of December 16[SUP]th[/SUP] 2007, where the events transpired. On the night of 12/16/07, which Holly went missing, she was expecting a visit from her estranged husband Thomas Carruthers, to provide her with some gas money and a few groceries, this was before her first trip to Walmart, they had been communicating by cellphone. Both of Holly’s children were home, it was Sunday and they had school the next day. Holly made a trip to Walmart, and returned home around 2100 hours, dropped off some random items and told her children she was returning to Walmart one last time, as Holly left for Walmart, her estranged husband Thomas arrived to the apartment and dropped off snacks (Slim Jim’s, Jone’s Potato Chips, and two Mountain Dew bottles) to their son (It is to be noted that Thomas Carruthers is her son’s biological father), and stated that he was leaving for Indiana that night for work. Holly called from a blocked number which read “UNKNOWN CALLER” to her apartment in Lexington, around 2300 hours close to midnight possibly, Holly told her son that she was going to be out late, and instructed him to tell his younger sister to go to bed, and that he should go to bed and she will be home around 0200 hours there were no other details she provided to her son. This is the last time Holly’s son would ever hear from his mother.

The next morning (12/17/07), her son was awoken by his step-father, Holly’s ex-husband, Philip Metzger around 0700 hours, he had regular access to the apartment, as Holly’s youngest daughter was Philip’s biological daughter and though they were divorced, Philip was very active in her life, and would come get her ready for school as Holly worked very early, and did not have time to get the children ready for school. Philip asked Holly’s son where was his mother, and he replied, “She didn’t come home”, Philip replied, “What do you mean she didn’t come home?” almost flabbergasted, and appalled that she didn’t come home when her children had school and Holly had a job. Philip asked Holly’s son if he was going to school, her son stated,” No, I am not feeling well”, and he rolled over and went back to sleep. Philip left the apartment, and took Holly’s daughter to school.
Around 0900-1000 hours, Holly’s son woke up, got out of bed, and step up his video game system in the living room, it was around this time, that Holly’s son received a call from a Park Ranger with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources stating that he had found Holly’s vehicle on the side of the road with Holly nowhere to be seen, immediately alarmed, Holly’s son called his father, Thomas Carruthers, who stated he will call him back (Who stated he was in Indiana) after Holly’s son broke the news of her vehicle being found. Then over the next hour, her son received calls from Lt. Hoffer with the Lexington Police Department, Philip Metzger, and Ruth Domka, Holly’s grandmother all concerned about Holly’s whereabouts.

Holly’s son (Andrew) was the first person to ever be interviewed by law enforcement officials, Andrew gave Lt. Hoffer all the information he knew of his mother’s disappearance, and then was bombarded by telephone calls of concerned family members, which kind of irritated Lt. Hoffer as he was just trying to take the initial report. Andrew was eventually picked up by Thomas Carruthers, where he would spend two months with before Philip Metzger (Legal Father) and Donald Jones (Holly’s brother) has law enforcement take Andrew from Thomas’ custody in Bellville, Ohio. (Around January-February)

From February to March, Andrew would suffer verbal and emotional abuse from his stepfather, Philip Metzger, who has custody of Holly’s children in her absence, nothing major occurred in the case at this time until March of 2008, when Holly’s body was found in Mohican River.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back