GA - Miller Jordan I & Miller Jordan II stabbed to death, III charged, 30 Dec 2007

angelwngs

Reaction score
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...killed_1231.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

Suspect sought in murder of Assist. Principal and his FIL in Georgia. Suspect is said to be driving a 2001 Green Altima and to have frequented I-285 motels. The victim is a Jr. the suspect is III, with first and last names the same, so it is apparently his son.

~snip~Police are searching for a 22-year-old man suspected of stabbing his father and grandfather to death at a Decatur home.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation and Decatur police are investigating the Sunday killing, Decatur Police Chief Mike Booker told WSB-TV. He declined to release the names of the victims, but said the suspect's name is Miller Jordan III.~snip

The wife of Miller Jordan, Jr is Gale Jordan who is also a Georgia School assistant principal at Kennedy Elementary in Barrow County.

Sadly ironic, Kennedy Elementary School was named for a Murray Kennedy, principal in Barrow County, who was stabbed to death several years ago by a student in his office in his elementary school...

http://onlineathens.com/stories/123107/news_20071231023.shtml

~snip~Decatur Assistant Police Chief Keith Lee said this morning that Miller Jordan III, 22, is wanted on two counts of murder in the stabbing deaths of his father, Miller Jordan Jr., and his grandfather, Miller Jordan Sr., at his father’s home on Village Walk Court in Decatur.
Police have issued a lookout for a green 2001 Nissan Altima with Georgia license plate 4484 AMR, Miller Jordan Jr.’s car that his son is believed to have driven off in after the attacks.
Police didn’t have a motive for the alleged murders, but Lee said police had been called to the assistant principal’s house in the past concerning disputes involving Miller Jordan III.
The house showed signs of a violent struggle, according to Lee, who said investigators were checking with hospitals to see if the suspects had been treated for injuries.~snip~

More at link above for~Athens Banner Herald~

Oh my goodness, this is so sad. :(

Taximom, thank you for your considerate and caring post. It is indeed very sad. The wife who is an assistant principal in Barrow County thought of very highly. I have spoken with several current employees of Barrow County Schools today and they are deeply saddened for Dr. Jordan and her loved ones.

Here is an updated article with additional information.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=108824

This is awful.

What does it mean that he "hangs out" at motels? In people's rooms? In the lobby? Does it imply drugs, prostitution, or just someone with friends who live at motels?

This is awful.

What does it mean that he "hangs out" at motels? In people's rooms? In the lobby? Does it imply drugs, prostitution, or just someone with friends who live at motels?

From what I understand and have heard from a variety of sources prior to this murder, unfortunately, many who stay in these hotels/motels in this area have serious issues and connections with Meth...

A close friend has been trying desperately to get her mother into rehab. The mother is 'living'/ 'staying' in 'one of these' motels in this area with her 'supplier'. :(

This is another sad case of entitlement than ends the innocent lives of others. Yes, drugs may be involved but the mindset to do this kind of thing begins with the individual who enacts the crime.

I am not feeling the sympathy for a drug excuse when we have seen so many senseless murders.

This is another sad case of entitlement than ends the innocent lives of others. Yes, drugs may be involved but the mindset to do this kind of thing begins with the individual who enacts the crime.

I am not feeling the sympathy for a drug excuse when we have seen so many senseless murders.

I couldn't agree with you more, CP... :( So many friends of mine know Dr. Jordan and believe that she is a wonderful person. My prayers go out to her... I can't even begin to imagine her grief and her pain...

Another one fell through the cracks with the judicial system....

http://onlineathens.com/stories/010108/news_20080101064.shtml

snip~Detectives didn't have a motive for why Miller Jordan III would kill his father and grandfather, though police were called to the Jordan residence several times in the past for disturbances involving the young man, who hadn't lived with his parents for years, Lee said.
Miller Jordan III has an arrest record dating to 2003, for crimes ranging from criminal trespass to rape and child molestation, but most of the charges were dropped, according to DeKalb County Superior Court records.
He was sentenced to 90 days in jail and placed on probation after pleading guilty to a 2004 burglary, records show, and after he was arrested for another burglary in September 2006, Miller Jordan III's attorney asked a judge to order a mental evaluation and treatment.
The judge did not grant the order and the suspect was released May 7, 2007.~Snip

Man wanted in killing of father, grandfather arrested in Ala.

snip~
Associated Press
Published on: 01/01/08
Police in a rural Alabama county arrested a 22-year-old man accused of stabbing his father and grandfather to death in Decatur.
Miller Jordan III was taken into custody Monday night in Lowndes County, Ala., about 200 miles from where Miller Jordan Sr. and Miller Jordan Jr. were found dead in a Decatur home Sunday, according to WSB-TV.

The arresting officer said he pulled Jordan III over because he had run over a curb, and then he noticed blood on him, the news station reported.
Jordan III has a criminal record and a history of mental problems. Court records show he has been charged with disorderly conduct, criminal trespassing, burglary, rape and child molestation over the past five years.
Most of the charges were dropped, but Jordan pleaded guilty to a 2004 burglary and was sentenced to 90 days in jail plus probation. He was arrested on charges of burglarizing his parents' home in September 2006, and his probation was revoked.
He was released last March after about six months in jail when his parents had the charges dropped.~snip~
More at link:

http://www.ajc.com/hp/content/metro/dekalb/stories/2007/12/31/twokilled_1231.html

apply_behaviours();

Yet another fine example of what happens within a society who cares more for undertaxing the rich & ignoring the mentally ill, who are KNOWN TO BE DANGEROUS, to prey upon the innocent in the society.

Diagnosed psychotics, scitzophrenics, bi-polars who refuse to medicate themselves, committing & re-committing crimes & the courts just pass them on through until it results in MURDER, 1/2 the time the victims are children & family members who are left to deal with them as they can't escape them & the viscious cycle continues with all too many deaths resulting.

When will our people unite to DEMAND it's elected officials to reverse the madness that became our public policy some 30+years ago regarding mental illness. I think that group homes for complying individuals is great but the dangerous, selfish & irresponsible mentally ill should be removed from the public & protected by those who are equipped to supervise them not left to prey upon the society. Imo this is all about the money, yet we are spending more $$'s by over burdening the justice & penal system.

This is so preventable. How many more "Virginia Tech's" are going to occur? How many more domestic terrorists are we enabling with such inadequate public policies?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back