830 users online (146 members and 684 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720

    Australia - Girl, 10, raped & murdered, dad charged, Bribie Island, 1 Jan 2008

    A man is in custody for the rape and murder of his 10 year old daughter.


    As well as examining the home where the girl's body was found, police cordoned off the Bribie Island Uniting Church directly across the road, seizing a blue plastic bag containing what appeared to be a hammer.


    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=80225

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,645
    How awful!!! Another case where Child Protection services failed this little girl. You can bet that this abuse had been going on for some time...and then her poor brother and sister had to find her body. Prayers for them and for the angel who suffered at the hands of the mam who was supposed to love her. Rest in Gods arms little angel.
    Happy New Years

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,210
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    A man is in custody for the rape and murder of his 10 year old daughter.


    As well as examining the home where the girl's body was found, police cordoned off the Bribie Island Uniting Church directly across the road, seizing a blue plastic bag containing what appeared to be a hammer.


    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=80225
    Why do we live in such a sick world.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720
    Poor little girl was proberly suffering for years.......I just wish we had the death penalty here..I could inject this one myself.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,103
    My very dearest Dingo,
    This is just horrifying.

    So much Love and Respect for you,
    dark_shadows

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    779
    Which sadly makes me wonder, which is more crowded, heaven or hell?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    SoCal LB area
    Posts
    4,748
    Quote Originally Posted by deanws View Post
    Why do we live in such a sick world.
    Because we live in a world where the ACLU would rather protect the rights of the porn industry than the rights of the peaceful and religeous moral people in this country. I suppose that might be for another forum, but just had to answer the question. When we lose the desire to follow God's law, then the laws of man have no meaning and there is no respect for man's law or human beings. Right or wrong, love them or hate them (and I don't have a particular religeon myself) Judeo/Christian faiths have practical purposes in a civilized society because they keep people on the right track by making them think about the life they are living in preparation for the afterlife. With no reason to be a good person in this life - all hell breaks loose. That doesn't mean the faithful are always good, but a vast majority of them are. I must say I learned this first hand after moving from secular CA to Southern Baptist Tennessee. Good lessons learned for me. God is love. No God = less love, more hatred, rage and perversion.
    Last edited by ziggy; 01-01-2008 at 08:27 PM. Reason: to add
    __________________
    Disclaimer: I have a JD, but I am not licensed to practice. Therefore, do not interpret anything contained in my posts as legal advice - they are my personal opinion only.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    southern California
    Posts
    768
    The ACLU protects everyone's rights. We live in a democracy. That means that we must tolerate things we don't agree with. Why does everyone blame the ACLU for the ills of society instead of the people who cause them? The purpose of the ACLU is to protect and defend the Bill of Rights. Most Americans think democracy applies to them but not to those they don't agree with. Think about the fact that the some of the Framers of the Constitution put in so many safeguards for the accused: Amendments 4 - 8. Think about why they did that.
    And by the way, you don't have to be religious to lead a good life. I am an agnostic. There are humanistic values that are not religious values that people live by. I don't believe in an afterlife. I believe that this is it and we should make it as meaninful as we can and help as many people as we can. Religion does not guarantee a virtuous society. Look at all the religious righties charged with sex crimes.
    So please understand that my right to live my humanistic values is the same as your right to your religous values that are faith based, not rationally based. But they are yours and you have that right. The Constitution states that their is no religous test for government. If Christians were so virtuous they would have tolerated the Native Americans instead of forcing them off their lands.
    Last edited by kylie; 01-01-2008 at 11:12 PM. Reason: to add more info.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,210
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    Because we live in a world where the ACLU would rather protect the rights of the porn industry than the rights of the peaceful and religeous moral people in this country. I suppose that might be for another forum, but just had to answer the question. When we lose the desire to follow God's law, then the laws of man have no meaning and there is no respect for man's law or human beings. Right or wrong, love them or hate them (and I don't have a particular religeon myself) Judeo/Christian faiths have practical purposes in a civilized society because they keep people on the right track by making them think about the life they are living in preparation for the afterlife. With no reason to be a good person in this life - all hell breaks loose. That doesn't mean the faithful are always good, but a vast majority of them are. I must say I learned this first hand after moving from secular CA to Southern Baptist Tennessee. Good lessons learned for me. God is love. No God = less love, more hatred, rage and perversion.
    Good post.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,248

    Angry



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    Because we live in a world where the ACLU would rather protect the rights of the porn industry than the rights of the peaceful and religeous moral people in this country. I suppose that might be for another forum, but just had to answer the question. When we lose the desire to follow God's law, then the laws of man have no meaning and there is no respect for man's law or human beings. Right or wrong, love them or hate them (and I don't have a particular religeon myself) Judeo/Christian faiths have practical purposes in a civilized society because they keep people on the right track by making them think about the life they are living in preparation for the afterlife. With no reason to be a good person in this life - all hell breaks loose. That doesn't mean the faithful are always good, but a vast majority of them are. I must say I learned this first hand after moving from secular CA to Southern Baptist Tennessee. Good lessons learned for me. God is love. No God = less love, more hatred, rage and perversion.
    What does ACLU stand for..TIA.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by kylie View Post
    The ACLU protects everyone's rights. We live in a democracy. That means that we must tolerate things we don't agree with. Why does everyone blame the ACLU for the ills of society instead of the people who cause them? The purpose of the ACLU is to protect and defend the Bill of Rights. Most Americans think democracy applies to them but not to those they don't agree with. Think about the fact that the some of the Framers of the Constitution put in so many safeguards for the accused: Amendments 4 - 8. Think about why they did that.
    And by the way, you don't have to be religious to lead a good life. I am an agnostic. There are humanistic values that are not religious values that people live by. I don't believe in an afterlife. I believe that this is it and we should make it as meaninful as we can and help as many people as we can. Religion does not guarantee a virtuous society. Look at all the religious righties charged with sex crimes.
    So please understand that my right to live my humanistic values is the same as your right to your religous values that are faith based, not rationally based. But they are yours and you have that right. The Constitution states that their is no religous test for government. If Christians were so virtuous they would have tolerated the Native Americans instead of forcing them off their lands.
    This post is even better! Thank you for being so tolerant of others opinions and views...cuz I was about to get nasty.
    You shall not accept any information,
    unless you verify it for yourself.
    I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them.

    Holy Quran [17:36]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    3,181
    hey i hate the ACLU as much as the next guy. just because i understand the legal issues that nambla has with free speech does not many the ACLU should defend them. they are a private group and have the right to refuse to help them. the choice they made turns my stomach. having said that i dont blame the ACLU for the issues in this case.

    cps may differ over there but in Florida where i live they fail children every day. cps uses the excuse that because children are involved every action they take is private and must be kept that way to protect the poor kids. so when a child dies and they had be warned it is all a big secret. cps often puts the "family" first and not the child. the idea that a child is better of with a blood family member that abuses them than in foster care where they might face abuse is so stupid it defies logic. yes foster care is a unknown situation that may pose a danger to a child but if we know the home definitely poses a risk the child is safer with the maybe. in most cases there is plenty of blame to go around. legislators that leave cps underfunded so the case workers have more kids than any1 could be expect to look after. judges that allow dad to keep custody of 3 children because we only have evidence dad molested a non related child. family members that don't act to protect the children and help keep the dirty little secret of abuse. neighbors that don't want to get involved when they see a child suffer. people who shake their heads when they read these stories but have never taken a second out of their busy lives to change things.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    What does ACLU stand for..TIA.
    It's the American Civil Liberties Union, Dingo. Keep reading and you'll catch the drift.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    Because we live in a world where the ACLU would rather protect the rights of the porn industry than the rights of the peaceful and religeous moral people in this country.
    With all due respect this horrific crime didn't take place in the USA. The ACLU doesn't have anything to do with this specific crime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY Australia - Liselotte Watson, 85, murdered in her Macleay Island home, 12 Nov 2012
    By marlywings in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-24-2016, 06:03 AM
  2. GUILTY Australia - Doris Fenbow, 66, raped & murdered, Little Bay, NSW, 3 Sept 1988
    By marlywings in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2016, 04:51 AM
  3. GUILTY Australia - Johanne Hatty, 24, raped & murdered, Sydney, 18 Feb 1984
    By narlacat in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-25-2015, 07:34 PM
  4. Australia Australia - Marian Wallace, 71, Bribie Island, 7 Sept 2014
    By marlywings in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-10-2014, 09:01 AM
  5. Australia - Six yr old girl gang raped on Mornington Island QLD
    By they'll get you in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-29-2014, 11:07 PM

Tags for this Thread