998 users online (200 members and 798 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 461
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,116

    Tiger kills man at San Francisco Zoo (Part 2)

    Continue on...

    http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/02/tig....ap/index.html

    Here we go...they cannot talk to the police about what happened, but they sure as hell can talk to their mouthpiece Gerragos.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,248

    Wink

    Just on CNN, news conference any minute now....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,248

    Wink

    Signs will be posted as to conduct of visitors.
    Loud speakers and cams will be installed.
    More staff employee's.
    When the police investigation is finished, then the findings will be announced.

    Wall will be 19 ft, done in 30 days.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,159

    Arrow

    From the last thread: F.Y.I., Dhaliwal is an Indian surname, not hispanic. I know several Indian families.
    Souza is a hispanic surname.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,159

    Post Newlyweds Party at San Francisco Zoo


    1 day ago
    SAN FRANCISCO (AP) A couple was allowed to hold their long-scheduled wedding reception at the San Francisco Zoo, even though the grounds have been closed since a tiger escaped on Christmas and mauled three people, killing one of them.
    Erica De Jesus and Mike Garcia went on their first date at the zoo 10 years ago. Because of the tiger attack, they and their 200 guests were not allowed to roam the zoo grounds Monday night and had to confine their celebration to a hall near the entrance gate, where a sign warned that lions and tigers would not be on display until further notice.
    A half-dozen guards were on hand to make sure no guests wandered off.
    "That's all right," the bride said. "We're starting our new life and we hope for a new life for the zoo, too."
    more at link:http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g...9kcdQD8TTA1U00
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,159

    Post New security for S.F. Zoo's big cat grottos expected within a month



    Tanya Schevitz,Marisa Lagos, Chronicle Staff Writer
    Tuesday, January 1, 2008
    (12-31) 14:10 PST San Francisco - -- The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department is working on plans for a new security barrier for all five big cat grottos at the San Francisco Zoo, and the new design should be in place within 30 days, according to a new spokesman for the zoo.
    The security system announced Monday will be designed by C+A Architects, the architect responsible for the zoo's new Grizzly Gulch exhibit and a new hippopotamus exhibit under construction. It will be paid for through funds from a $53 million zoo improvements bond approved by voters in 1997.
    "They are in the first stages of drawing something up right now, working with the zoo and animal experts on something that is both safe for the animals and safe for the public," said Sam Singer, a well-known crisis management spokesman. He was brought in by the zoo over the weekend after a tiger escaped on Christmas Day, killing a San Jose teenager and injuring two of his friends.
    The zoo, which will reopen Thursday, is desperate to revive its image after bungling the response to the attack. For example, its management gave at least five different descriptions of the grotto's dimensions, finally admitting last week that the wall of a dry moat separating the tigers and visitors was only 12 1/2 feet high - at least 4 feet shorter than national recommendations. Zoo officials have also repeatedly refused to answer questions about the zoo's security, including why visitors were allowed to roam the 100-acre site while the 350-pound Siberian tiger was loose. more at link:http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../MNPRU7HOG.DTL
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post


    Tanya Schevitz,Marisa Lagos, Chronicle Staff Writer
    Tuesday, January 1, 2008
    (12-31) 14:10 PST San Francisco - -- The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department is working on plans for a new security barrier for all five big cat grottos at the San Francisco Zoo, and the new design should be in place within 30 days, according to a new spokesman for the zoo.
    The security system announced Monday will be designed by C+A Architects, the architect responsible for the zoo's new Grizzly Gulch exhibit and a new hippopotamus exhibit under construction. It will be paid for through funds from a $53 million zoo improvements bond approved by voters in 1997.
    "They are in the first stages of drawing something up right now, working with the zoo and animal experts on something that is both safe for the animals and safe for the public," said Sam Singer, a well-known crisis management spokesman. He was brought in by the zoo over the weekend after a tiger escaped on Christmas Day, killing a San Jose teenager and injuring two of his friends.
    The zoo, which will reopen Thursday, is desperate to revive its image after bungling the response to the attack. For example, its management gave at least five different descriptions of the grotto's dimensions, finally admitting last week that the wall of a dry moat separating the tigers and visitors was only 12 1/2 feet high - at least 4 feet shorter than national recommendations. Zoo officials have also repeatedly refused to answer questions about the zoo's security, including why visitors were allowed to roam the 100-acre site while the 350-pound Siberian tiger was loose. more at link:http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../MNPRU7HOG.DTL
    Thanks for the update

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    I know this is going to sound awful, but if those boys were taunting & torturing that tiger I really won't be able to muster a ounce of sympathy for them. Their families, sure.

    I have the feeling that they were.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I know this is going to sound awful, but if those boys were taunting & torturing that tiger I really won't be able to muster a ounce of sympathy for them. Their families, sure.

    I have the feeling that they were.

    Me too Linda.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I know this is going to sound awful, but if those boys were taunting & torturing that tiger I really won't be able to muster a ounce of sympathy for them. Their families, sure.

    I have the feeling that they were.
    I feel that way too, although I also feel the zoo director lied, and they should have changed the tiger exhibit years ago.
    I would like to be able to return to that zoo, but I'm not sure I'll feel safe.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    Well, I am glad Geragos had taken their case, on contingency probably. he seems to be on quite a losing streak!

    I am sure they will come to some kind of settlement, even IF it turns out they were tormenting the tiger. Sad too, cause if that were the case they wouldn't get a DIME from me!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    at home
    Posts
    23,626
    Ever since the Scott Peterson case, Mark Geragos's name is MUD in Northern CA. The two young men, who taunted Tatiana, have about 2 1/2 strikes against them, just by retaining MG. Losers all deserve one another.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,159

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    Well, I am glad Geragos had taken their case, on contingency probably. he seems to be on quite a losing streak!
    I know! Other than PR, okay and money- what is he gaining? His track record is much better for losing cases for all these big celebrities rather than winning them. After he got Scott Peterson put on death row, what sane person sees him as a competent lawyer???

    I mean even OJ's "Dream Team" managed to get a Guilty person off.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1 View Post
    Ever since the Scott Peterson case, Mark Geragos's name is MUD in Northern CA. The two young men, who taunted Tatiana, have about 2 1/2 strikes against them, just by retaining MG. Losers all deserve one another.
    Even better, I hope they don't get squat.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I know this is going to sound awful, but if those boys were taunting & torturing that tiger I really won't be able to muster a ounce of sympathy for them. Their families, sure.
    I have the feeling that they were.
    So you believe that the tiger was well-entitled to attack them for "taunting" (whatever that might mean) her? And that death or grievous bodily injury is justified in a case of face-making, name-calling, whatever?

    I have been somewhat shocked to read on Websleuths, a board devoted to justice for victims, that many people think these young men got what was coming to them. If every foolish person, young or old, who has taunted or teased zoo animals were punished in this way, there would be thousands of deaths and injuries each year.

    If we accept the fact that wild animals are to be displayed for the education and pleasure of humans, then we are obliged to accept the fact that the humans need protection from the animals, and vice versa. If it were that easy for the tiger to escape, she could have also mauled "innocent" bystanders.

    I'm sorry that the tiger was captured, caged, and ultimately killed. But the death and injuries of these guys was in no way justified. A fine, a banning from the zoo, but death? and mauling?

    The huge error on the part of zoo officials which allowed this to happen is shocking and should be harshly dealt with. Someone will surely lose his/her job, and the zoo will be financially penalized. Surely you don't think that the zoo keepers should be thrown to wild animals? Those victims could have been helpless infants...and perhaps they were not taunting the tiger.

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 143
    Last Post: 12-12-2016, 03:11 PM
  2. Tiger kills man at San Francisco Zoo (Part 3)
    By CW in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 296
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 08:03 PM
  3. Tiger kills man at San Francisco Zoo
    By Buzz Mills in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 409
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 02:52 PM
  4. Tiger kills Kansas teen posing for a photo
    By kahskye in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2005, 03:37 PM