FBI Mistakes Judge's Graphic "Fantasy" Tape As A Recording Of Torture, Murder

White Rain

Reaction score
Sounds like a HORRIBLE, disgusting tape.

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — A Tennessee judge resigned last month after making a recording of fantasies so lurid that when the tape fell into the hands of the police and FBI, they thought they were listening to a torture session and believed it might be linked to a murder case.
Ultimately, investigators brought no charges against Circuit Judge John B. Hagler, and police said Wednesday he is not a suspect in any investigation.
But the sensational case has led to allegations of professional retaliation, interdepartmental intrigue and strategic news leaks.
The recording was investigated by authorities more than two years ago, but its existence did not come to light publicly until just a few weeks ago, and details on the contents are only now coming out, at a hearing that began Wednesday on whether police must release the tape.
During those two years, the judge remained on the bench, hearing mostly family court cases like divorces and child custody.
Among the mysteries: Why did he make such a recording? Why is it coming to light just now? And what, exactly, is on the tape?
The tape was briefly examined by Chattanooga police and the FBI in late 2005 after a secretary who had just been fired by Hagler turned it over, authorities said. She told them she found the recording of the judge's voice on a tape that also contained legal dictation.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,319729,00.html

I live in Chattanooga, and this is the big buzz here. Supposedly there is mention of an unsolved murder of a local priest 10 years ago....

More info on the unsolved murder:

"The description of it as containing `graphic fantasies' ... is an accurate and sufficient description and all any decent person would want to hear of it," the judge said in a statement.

Bebb, the district attorney, said he, too, concluded the recording was not connected to any crime, but what he heard led him to persuade Hagler, whom he describes as a longtime friend, to resign.

"This would disturb any human being who heard it," Bebb said.
http://www.clevelandbanner.com/NF/omf/daily_banner/news_story.html?rkey=0070141+cr=gdn

Thats HAS to be some horrible tape...I shudder to even THINK of it!

I didnt' realize that this had hit the national news till today.......yeah, we're covered up with some interesting types in this area.

I don't understand if there was just one person's voice on the tape, or two.

If even the police are disturbed by it, they should probably look into the judge Hagler's background more, maybe they can tie up some cold cases. Even the FBI mistaked it for a recording of a murder, then i'd imagine it's pretty horrific.
Hagler seems to be trying to point a finger on leaks, grudges, anyone aside from himself.
At 65 years old, having "graphic fantasies" that are believable enough by police and the FBI, it sure makes you wonder if he's acted out some of these fantasies in the past and is now reliving them through his tape recorded means..

Plenty of psycho serial murderers have recorded such things for souvenirs. No wonder there could be suspicions if a supposed upstanding man does the same type thing. What does he expect especially if he's so disorganized that it gets into the wrong hands.

I had a blind date once with a successful attorney in his late 30's. Mutual friends from another city set us up.
I thought I might be a rape victim or murder victim before the night was over.

First off, the man drove a Volvo station wagon " To attract women who have small children or who want to have a family with me".
Next, he started talking about the horrors of the cases he had experience with in the courtroom, which weren't too shocking to me.

Then he dropped his personal bombshells. He had these horrible sick fantasies of torturing and raping women. He was very specific about the torture methods and the rape specifics.
He finally said that he had the fantasies since the time he was co-counsel for a rapist who had done the exact same things. I think he was either looking for a willing participant, which I didn't resemble from the onset, or he felt my empathetic nature and needed to unburden his mind.
Needless to say I got away from him before you could say " Boo" to a ghost. The good thing is that he was in the process of moving to Louisville, KY, which was several hundred miles away from me, so I could live without fear of him coming back.

I tell ya, there are sick people in all walks of life. Just like there are good people too. Knowing which one is which is sometimes really difficult.

I feel lucky not to have ended up in someone's true crime book. Honestly, I felt God's protection all around me, and I was directed to say just the right things to that pervert.

He apparently held no grudge, but remained disturbed, because he sent me a year's subscription to some " Cycler's World" magazine for competitive bicycle riders.
I haven't ridden a bike that moved since I was 12 years old. Weird weird man!!

I believe he deals with family law...great! Let him judge issues dealing with our families and kids.
Freak.
He obviously is sick and I hope the good ole' boy syndrome isnt in play here. I hope they search every single piece of property in his house to make sure he hasn't harmed someone.

Things aren't always what they seem. I've seen some perfectly consensual fun times that sounded and looked pretty heinous.

I can kind of, sort of, almost understand the judge's actions as he wished no harm on another person, IMO.

I hope you weren't referring to the sicko lawyer from Louisville KY, because he was looking for someone tall and willowy figured not only to be his hostage for torture and rape, but most likely with the ending of murder. After a man has done what he wanted to do to a woman, there's no way she would be alive. He was very serious and if he isn't either in a mental facility or a prison by now, I'd be very surprised.

I can kind of, sort of, almost understand the judge's actions as he wished no harm on another person, IMO.

I hope you weren't referring to the sicko lawyer from Louisville KY, because he was looking for someone tall and willowy figured not only to be his hostage for torture and rape, but most likely with the ending of murder. After a man has done what he wanted to do to a woman, there's no way she would be alive. He was very serious and if he isn't either in a mental facility or a prison by now, I'd be very surprised.

Well that is some scary stuff Jana I am glad you got away from him unharmed.

No, I wasn't referring to anyone I didn't know. :) I meant in my own circle of friends. :-D

Well that is some scary stuff Jana I am glad you got away from him unharmed.

Thank you so much. I was lucky, and I know that God was with me all the way that day. That incident is part of why I wrote the " Letter to my daughter" thread which is in the Jury Room. I've been so careful, but I have had some really scary things happen to me in spite of my leeriness. Unfortunately, younger women are not being taught to keep anything private. MySpace and other computer hook ups give them a false sense of familiarity with strangers.. an openness and friendliness that can be tragically misplaced.

I pray for our daughters, all the young women, every day!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back