759 users online (82 members and 677 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FL - Toddler Tortured with Hot Oil and Hair Dryer

http://www.local6.com/news/14975629/detail.html

What kind of person does this?

I should not have read the article.

I WISH the same could be done to this POS.

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    I don't know how people think up such cruel things. I'm sick thinking about the torture this poor child felt. And please tell me what rationality there is in HURTING a child to get them to stop crying and whining. If this were my grandchild, then this POS better hope they keep him in jail forever, because if he ever walked out of jail, I'd be there to end his existence on this earth!
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.

Quote Originally Posted by jannuncutt View Post
    An EVIL SADISTIC POS! Once again where was the mother of this baby?
    This story just pi$$e$ me off!

Quote Originally Posted by jannuncutt View Post
    The kind of person who has seen and/or been the recipient of a lot of violence in his life and who has grown into an adult unable to appropriately handle the stressors of raising a child.

My love and prayers for this family.

The burning with oil stories are, for me, some of the worse. I always recall that woman last year who poured a pan full of hot cooking oil over her sleeping husband's head. Burn pains are supposed to be the very worst.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I agree with everyone's posts. Something that popped into my head is how in the world is THAT supposed to stop the child from whining and crying? Does the big, bad man feel better now after he "gave him something to cry about"? Grrrr.... I wish all these creeps would get done to them exactly what they do to these poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by lymom3 View Post
    .... I wish all these creeps would get done to them exactly what they do to these poor kids.
    In most cases, they already have.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    In most cases, they already have.
    You know what? You're right...or they've had something equally as awful done to them. Doesn't work as an excuse for me though. If that rule of thumb applied; that if you had a crappy childhoold or horrible childhood experiences then you too will be a horrible person, then I should be a serial killer or something. You are what you make of yourself and who you choose to be. If it was wrong when someone did it to you, it's wrong to do it to someone else.

You know what? You're right...or they've had something equally as awful done to them. Doesn't work as an excuse for me though. If that rule of thumb applied; that if you had a crappy childhoold or horrible childhood experiences then you too will be a horrible person, then I should be a serial killer or something. You are what you make of yourself and who you choose to be. If it was wrong when someone did it to you, it's wrong to do it to someone else.

SCM, I wish I could be as open minded and forgiving as you. I just can't though. I really don't care what their previous circumstances were. If they thought they had it in them to do upon others what was done to them, they shouldn't have put themselves in that position.

One of my very good friends was horribly abused, mentally, physically and emotionally by her father, step mother and grandfather. She is so good with my son but she has told me she never wants to be alone with him and she will never have children herself for fear she could become like her father. I don't see it and don't think she has it in her but that's how she feels.

I agree with both sides on the horrible childhood thing. I just think some people can overcome what they have had to endure and some can't and become involved in drugs and alcohol. It is a vicious cycle. As for this poor baby, I am glad he was saved and hope he heals and is given to a nice family because obviously his mother doesn't care who she leaves him with. I don't know how many more times we will hear about the mother's BOYFRIEND. When will these women learn, don't leave your babies with men you just met.

I agree with everyone's posts. Something that popped into my head is how in the world is THAT supposed to stop the child from whining and crying? Does the big, bad man feel better now after he "gave him something to cry about"? Grrrr.... I wish all these creeps would get done to them exactly what they do to these poor kids.
    I agree!
    That line "I'll give you something to cry about" is the stupidest statement --and one I used to hear as a child. I hate it!!!
    If a kid is crying, obviously something is paining him (or her), and he cannot explain it because he doesn't have the speaking ability or vocabulary to say what. Since when does hitting and causing yet more pain, solve this? It's IDIOTIC!!!!

I can't even imagine that pain. Mr. Texana pulled a pan of hot cooking oil on his arm as a child, and almost died. How tragic, but perhaps this child will get a better home and break the cycle.

Again the mother should be charged. She should not be leaving the child with her boyfriend. Chances are too there has been a history of aggression with the boy, mom probably turned a blind eye to it.

I can't comprehend doing something like this to a child.

On another note. I went to school with a girl that had burn scars on her legs and arms. She was adopted as a baby, but prior to that her birthmother put her in a skillet of hot oil. She was such a sweet girl. Thank God she was a baby when it happened and had no memory of it. Just the horrible scars left behind. From what I remember her parents were super people. I'm so glad she found a loving home with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocgirl View Post
    Again the mother should be charged. She should not be leaving the child with her boyfriend. Chances are too there has been a history of aggression with the boy, mom probably turned a blind eye to it.
    "The mother of the child, Marlita S. Stokes, 23, was arrested on Friday and faces charges of child neglect and providing false information to police." Mom is being charged and it seems clear she tried to cover for the monster who burned her baby. 17 mos is old enough to retain the PTS of this incident forever-they can send him to me an I will show him that love doesnt hurt...OMG...can we get back to making child abuse a federal crime like carjacking?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast