Couple Gets Letter, $20 From Woman That Took Dog

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
I guess dognapping is a crime, but I thought this was bizarre as well.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,320105,00.html

The holidays were sad enough for Kim Velevis and her husband after their lovable pug "Scooter" dug its way out of the backyard and disappeared on Christmas Eve.

But the real blow came with the new year: A letter from an anonymous woman who had found the friendly dog and gave it to her daughter as a Christmas present. To compensate for Velevis' loss, a $20 bill was enclosed.
"The puppy has a different name now, but he has plenty of food and toys. My daughter adores him. He sleeps with her every night," said the letter, which arrived Wednesday. (MORE at link)

So she took the dog, knowing who the real owners were. That is stealing the dog. Does she really think $20 will compensate for the loss of a beloved pet. I hope the police will find her and the dog will be returned. I hope the people in that area make sure their children do not get near her with her Finders Keepers attitude. She might send $25 for a child.

OMG ,:eek: what a nutjob.
Hope they looked at the postmark.
Maybe putting fliers up in that area will bring info about who this person is and where the dog is.

Someone recently stole my cat and at this point I would be happy if I received a letter like this. BUT.......I would be mad as hell and I would find that wench and want her prosecuted!

LOL, I hope the postal service can track this lady down.

Someone recently stole my cat and at this point I would be happy if I received a letter like this. BUT.......I would be mad as hell and I would find that wench and want her prosecuted!

How did someone steal your cat? That's awful!

It seemed to me that on tonight's local news, the official owners of the dog know who the dognapper is.

What this woman has done is beyond mean. She stole a beloved pet from the family's fenced yard.
I hope they get her for trespassing, theft, abuse of an animal, some sort of federal mail charges too.

Just another mom lying/stealing so that her child is "happy". :(

There are so many homeless dogs and cats, and groups out there for them, that they are easy to find if wanted, i don't understand people who have to go and steal others'.

If I ran over someone's dog, and killed it, I'd be tempted to write a heartwrenching letter telling the owners the dog was loved by a little girl rather than just saying I ran over their dog.

Then again, I always look for other explanations when things aren't right, and that was what I came up with.

If I ran over someone's dog, and killed it, I'd be tempted to write a heartwrenching letter telling the owners the dog was loved by a little girl rather than just saying I ran over their dog.

Then again, I always look for other explanations when things aren't right, and that was what I came up with.

I wondered about this as well, glitch. I can honestly say i wouldn't be surprised by either scenario.

I hope they get their dog back. It's horrible to do that to someone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back