885 users online (180 members and 705 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Teen Charged in Bizarre Missing Dog Case

A telephone call at midnight normally would have awoken Bill Whiting, but he hadn't been sleeping much since his dog disappeared. He picked up the phone and couldn't believe what he heard.
    Children were demanding $600 or else they would kill Edna, his beloved beagle mix. Whiting listened in horror to what sounded like the jingle of Edna's collar, and an animal yelping in pain. He agreed to pay the ransom.
    "You don't understand, mister," a boy replied. "I want to kill your dog anyway."
    What happened to Edna remains a mystery, but Philadelphia police have charged a 15-year-old with harassment, terroristic threats, theft by extortion and other counts for allegedly calling Whiting. Police have yet to find the dog.

way more at link:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...TAM&SECTION=US

wow. misfire in the brain on that kid.

That's such a horrible thing to do to someone who has lost a pet, this kid is a complete sociopath. Lock him up for the rest of his life, before he starts kidnapping young children.
    At 15, i can't imagine the depravedness of even doing such at thing, at any age. He's 15 starting with pets, next it's children. Small things that are easy for him to carry away.

Sick.

I bet he is associated with more missing animals than this dog...

Angry

What a sicko! This guy is headed for a life as a murderer. Save society and lock him up for life now!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Serial killer in the making, I believe. And, this may sound cold, but whomever said those unconscionable words may be past the point of any measure of rehabilitation.

My heart hurts for poor Edna and Mr. Whiting who loves her so much. This is so sad, and it makes my blood boil.

Lion

Oh my, this kids has problems...charge him to the FULL extent of the law, PLEASE!!!!!!!!
    I feel SO sorry for the owner...2 years ago I had a yorkie (who unfortunately had to be put to sleep) who was almost like another child to me. His death brought a sadness to me that still brings tears to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by LionRun View Post
    Serial killer in the making, I believe. And, this may sound cold, but whomever said those unconscionable words may be past the point of any measure of rehabilitation.

My heart hurts for poor Edna and Mr. Whiting who loves her so much. This is so sad, and it makes my blood boil.

Lion
    I agree 100%!

Wow--that's messed up!

that poor man and his dear doggies
    these threads bother me
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    What a sicko! This guy is headed for a life as a murderer. Save society and lock him up for life now!
    That would be the best outcome.....some people are just born bad and are beyond help...IMO.

Feb 2009:

The minor found guilty of making terroristic phone calls to a local man who was looking for his missing dog was released from a juvenile facility Jan. 28.

Victor Rodriguez, 16, was convicted of four misdemeanor charges in regards to phone calls he placed to Bill Whiting in November 2007....

Phone records traced the calls to Rodriguez and he was arrested last February and found guilty of making terroristic threats, extortion, harassment and conspiracy. In April, a judge remanded Rodriguez to a juvenile facility in western Pennsylvania, which typically only holds youth for up to a year.

Rodriguez is on parole under an agreement that stipulates that he must take his medication, complete his high-school education and regularly report to his parole officer.

Whiting’s dog was never found.
    http://www.epgn.com/news/regional/55...-news-briefing

Bill Whiting with his dog Edna
    3153994691_Missing_Dog_Extortionx-large.jpg

Edna had been Whiting's constant companion for more than 10 years. The 57-year-old employee of the University of Pennsylvania's archaeology museum described Edna as a gentle dog that loved children and had been a therapy animal at nursing homes and hospitals.

Rest in peace, Edna.
    BillWhitingEdna.jpg

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...53994691_x.htm

Victor Rodriguez lived in Nicetown and was 16 in February 2009...

A 20 year old Victor Rodriguez was shot in the head and killed in Nicetown in December 2012... I don't know if it's the same person, though.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...181736581.html