PA - Teen Charged in Bizarre Missing Dog Case

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
A telephone call at midnight normally would have awoken Bill Whiting, but he hadn't been sleeping much since his dog disappeared. He picked up the phone and couldn't believe what he heard.
Children were demanding $600 or else they would kill Edna, his beloved beagle mix. Whiting listened in horror to what sounded like the jingle of Edna's collar, and an animal yelping in pain. He agreed to pay the ransom.
"You don't understand, mister," a boy replied. "I want to kill your dog anyway."
What happened to Edna remains a mystery, but Philadelphia police have charged a 15-year-old with harassment, terroristic threats, theft by extortion and other counts for allegedly calling Whiting. Police have yet to find the dog.

way more at link:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MISSING_DOG_EXTORTION?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

wow. misfire in the brain on that kid.

That's such a horrible thing to do to someone who has lost a pet, this kid is a complete sociopath. Lock him up for the rest of his life, before he starts kidnapping young children.
At 15, i can't imagine the depravedness of even doing such at thing, at any age. He's 15 starting with pets, next it's children. Small things that are easy for him to carry away.

I bet he is associated with more missing animals than this dog...

What a sicko!:mad: This guy is headed for a life as a murderer. Save society and lock him up for life now!

Serial killer in the making, I believe. And, this may sound cold, but whomever said those unconscionable words may be past the point of any measure of rehabilitation.

My heart hurts for poor Edna and Mr. Whiting who loves her so much. This is so sad, and it makes my blood boil.

Lion

Oh my, this kids has problems...charge him to the FULL extent of the law, PLEASE!!!!!!!!
I feel SO sorry for the owner...2 years ago I had a yorkie (who unfortunately had to be put to sleep) who was almost like another child to me. His death brought a sadness to me that still brings tears to this day.

Serial killer in the making, I believe. And, this may sound cold, but whomever said those unconscionable words may be past the point of any measure of rehabilitation.

My heart hurts for poor Edna and Mr. Whiting who loves her so much. This is so sad, and it makes my blood boil.

Lion

I agree 100%!

What a sicko!:mad: This guy is headed for a life as a murderer. Save society and lock him up for life now!
That would be the best outcome.....some people are just born bad and are beyond help...IMO.

Feb 2009:

The minor found guilty of making terroristic phone calls to a local man who was looking for his missing dog was released from a juvenile facility Jan. 28.

Victor Rodriguez, 16, was convicted of four misdemeanor charges in regards to phone calls he placed to Bill Whiting in November 2007....

Phone records traced the calls to Rodriguez and he was arrested last February and found guilty of making terroristic threats, extortion, harassment and conspiracy. In April, a judge remanded Rodriguez to a juvenile facility in western Pennsylvania, which typically only holds youth for up to a year.

Rodriguez is on parole under an agreement that stipulates that he must take his medication, complete his high-school education and regularly report to his parole officer.

Whiting’s dog was never found.

http://www.epgn.com/news/regional/552-1898222-news-briefing

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member