GUILTY TX - Amina, 18, & Sarah Said, 17, shot dead, dad sought, Irving, 1 Jan 2008 *arrest in 2020*

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages...n=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1
and

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,319525,00.html

IRVING, Texas — Police continued searching for a man suspected of shooting his two teenage daughters, including one who called 911 about an hour before officers found them dead in his taxi, police said.
Yaser Abdel Said, 50, of the Dallas suburb of Lewisville, is accused of shooting Sarah Yaser Said, 17, and Amina Yaser Said, 18, in his taxi Tuesday night and abandoning it in a parking lot, leaving them to die. (more plus pic at links)

This case will be featured on Nancy Grace's show tonight. :( :(

My dearest Taximom,:blowkiss:
Thank-you for the thread.
What a tragedy!
Years ago there was a family here in Vermont that was close to where I live. The father stabbed his daughter while the mother held her down. They said it was an honor killing. They had just moved here when the crime occured.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

Mr. Said was very upset because his daughters had adapted Western ways. IMO, he is mentally ill.

There was a video played of the two sisters, and they looked so pretty, clean cut and healthy. They weren't weird looking or acting in any way from what I could see. I would have loved to have them in my home. Sigh.

When the h3ll are people going to learn that they can't get away with that crap here?? This is the about the 3rd case or so i've heard of "honor killings" recently, argh..

I just saw this on the news...what absolutely BEAUTIFUL girls...may they rest in Heaven forever!!!!

I was so sickened, I couldn't even post a link about it.

My daughter knows many pretty, smart, and personable girls just like this. I can't imagine how awful it would be to find out that even one was killed like this.

Not adapting to another culture/change/teenagers is not a mental illness or excuse for killing, it's an extreme reaction to not having things exactly the way you want them. The father came here, expected to make a living here, and then shot his daughters when they adapted (and I seriously doubt they were truly Westernized in all ways, the girls we know are definitely not) to the way of life that made his living possible.

I was so sickened, I couldn't even post a link about it.

My daughter knows many pretty, smart, and personable girls just like this. I can't imagine how awful it would be to find out that even one was killed like this.

Not adapting to another culture/change/teenagers is not a mental illness or excuse for killing, it's an extreme reaction to not having things exactly the way you want them. The father came here, expected to make a living here, and then shot his daughters when they adapted (and I seriously doubt they were truly Westernized in all ways, the girls we know are definitely not) to the way of life that made his living possible.

:dance: thats kinda what I thought...don't bring ur kids to America if you DON'T expect them to eventually adapt American ways...

They didn't act the way the dad thought they should---- so he killed them?
They dated out of their race, the dad didn't approve so he killed them??

Murdering his own children is a better alternative than a controlling father with twisted religious values how????

The latest from the Dallas Morning News online said that the sexual abuse allegations were false, but the girls and their mother were trying to get away from the verbally and physically abusive father. (Sorry, that was yesterday's article, and I can't find the link now.)

Apparently the mother was trying to leave with the girls, and had even gone so far as to rent an apartment with them in Oklahoma, but then returned home to the father (lying to the girls to do so.)

Her daughters paid with their lives. The one who called 911 after she was shot said, "I'm dying, I'm dying, I'm dying."

I am just sickened by this in every way.

Gail Gartrell believes that Yaser Said is still in the Fort Worth area more than two months after he was accused of fatally shooting his two daughters. Which is why as a great-aunt of the girls, Sarah Said, 17, and Amina Said, 18, Gartrell is determined to keep his face in the public eye, hoping that someone will turn him in for $11,000 in rewards...
"We don't want to let people forget," said another of the girls' great-aunts, Joyce Boucher."These girls didn't even get to start their lives."

http://www.star-telegram.com/metro_news/story/533381.html

Hello to fellow web-sleuths. I came across this case and feel it is one we should keep in the spotlight.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,320325,00.html

Gail Gartrell believes that Yaser Said is still in the Fort Worth area more than two months after he was accused of fatally shooting his two daughters. Which is why as a great-aunt of the girls, Sarah Said, 17, and Amina Said, 18, Gartrell is determined to keep his face in the public eye, hoping that someone will turn him in for $11,000 in rewards...
"We don't want to let people forget," said another of the girls' great-aunts, Joyce Boucher."These girls didn't even get to start their lives."

http://www.star-telegram.com/metro_news/story/533381.html

Hello to fellow web-sleuths. I came across this case and feel it is one we should keep in the spotlight.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,320325,00.html

Oh, how terribly sad Indigator! These 2 young women were absolutely gorgeous and looked like they were very close.

From the Fox link you provided:

"Brigitte Gabriel, author of "Because They Hate: A Survivor of Islamic Terror Warns America," said the shootings point to an "honor killing."

"This crime has honor killing written all over it," Gabriel said. "The father was insulted and ashamed of how his daughters were behaving."

The daughters were bringing shame to Islam and the father took it upon himself to respond, Gabriel said.

"The father probably was seeing that this is going to bring shame on the family and he needed to eliminate that shame," Gabriel said."

What I also find disturbing is the fact that he chose to live in America with his family, then was "shamed" by his daughters wearing "Westernized clothing" and dating "American boys".:waitasec:

In my opinion, he brought SHAME upon himself and his surviving family members (wife, son) by killing his daughters and running/hiding like a coward.

He knows what he did was illegal and shameful and I hope he is deported back to the country that believes it is okay to commit these horrendous "Honor killings". Our prisons are too good for him. :furious:

This makes me very sad...

Here's the girls:
said_sisters.jpg

Here's their dad:
http://bp2.blogger.com/_A8Lz4YhxMmM/R4AR92PJUmI/AAAAAAAAA6k/bgt3rtX2tcM/s320/CHICKEN+*advertiser censored*+DAD.jpg

From here - warning, this page has a lot of curse words (something my work PC keeps track of for me!) :)

The reward money has doubled for a man wanted in the murders of his two teenaged daughters.

Crime Stoppers is now offering $10,000 for information leading to the arrest of Yaser Said. That's on top of the $10,000 Schepp's Dairy is separately offering in the case.

Police say Said shot and killed the Lewisville girls in late December. More at link: http://cbs11tv.com/local/reward.yaser.said.2.702602.html

kaelee

These kind of killings go on all over the world and in many countries in the Middle East it is not even a crime. Fathers and brothers killing because she brought shame on the family ect... Women stoned because they are raped and don't have 4 male witnesses to prove it because then it is adultery.

These people come here and believe they can have Sharia law and do what they want.

It is sad and sickening!

Another month goes by and this guy still is out there? Somebody knows where he is.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back