753 users online (112 members and 641 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

GA - James 'Booney' Wade, 28, Rome, 25 Dec 2007

http://news.mywebpal.com/partners/68...ews866473.html

6 Jan 08

A Rome man who went missing Christmas night — reportedly depressed because he was unable to buy his daughter a Christmas present — is feared dead by family members.

A private search will begin at noon today for James Daniel “Booney” Wade, 28, last seen walking down the driveway of his grandparents’ 889 Woods Road home.

much more at link

pic

If he has committed suicide (and I hope that's not the case), I hope his daughter never ever hears that it's because "he was depressed he was unable to buy her a Christmas present" . I'm sure (again, if he's deceased and if it was suicide) that his depression issues were waaaay deeper than that.

I do hope he's safe

I would really love to see this made into a feature case. It has reached such a dead end. It would be great to see what the WS members could come up with.

Here's the MP's myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=145240894

I am not sure if these cases are the same, but I live in Rome, Ga and we had 2 bodies found here recently and they were both Wades. I believe Clint Wade 30 shot a josh or james wade and dumped him in a pond then shot himself because he thought everyone would blame him for the shooting. I will have to try and locate the article to see what the names are.

The name is not James Wade, must not be connected, kind of ironic they had the last names Wade, both suicide victims and about the same age...sorry about the mistake

Body Found In Pond Identified

August 29, 2008 - 6:18PM
    John Madewell
    We have some updated information on the murder/suicide investigation story we broke yesterday. The Chattooga County sheriff's department confirms the man found in this pond was 24-year-old Josh Hill.

Investigators tell NewsChannel9.com he had been there possibly as far back as Sunday.

They discovered Hill after finding 30-year-old Clint Wade with a self-inflicted gun shot to his head late Wednesday afternoon. The pond is roughly five hundred yards from Wade's home. Detectives found a note Wade left. That started a search which led to the discovery of Hill in the pond.

The neighbor who called 9-1-1 and found Wade shot in the head also read the note. David Evans told us the note was to Wade's mother. In that note, Evans said Wade told his mother he did not kill Hill, but that he was "messing with the gun." Evans said Wade went on saying he would get blamed for his death and would rather die than spend his life in prison.

Investigators say they are still treating this as a murder/suicide and no one else is under investigation.

Thanks for the story. I just find the one of James "Booney" Wade so weird. He vanished into thin air.

Wow. I was just talking about this the other day. I hope this is him so the family can get some closure.

http://news.mywebpal.com/partners/68...ews925562.html

Floyd County police are at the scene in Coosa where a man's body has been discovered. Chief Bill Shiflett said the body was found in the Woods Road area, where James "Booney" Wade was last seen alive.

A few comments on his myspace indicate his friends don't think it was suicide.

Here someone who says they are his cousin also indicates it was not suicide.
    http://www.topix.com/forum/city/rome...U7UDTE0JJ09QV9
    ~snip1 I am one of booney's cousins. and yes it is no suprise to what he has done in his past. but he is a good hearted man who would give you the shirt off his back. he was a father, a son, and a brother who did not deserve this. he was very much loved and will be missed dearly! love ya cuz

~snip2 well guys lets think about this...for 3 days or so anywhere btw 60 to 100 of our family and his friends seached the area in which he was found; which is just off a main path in the woods behind his grandparents home, but was never seen. then for another 7 days police on horseback and four wheelers seached and still now sight of him, And all the sudden he is hanging from a tree 9 months later and as the i was told badly decomposed. now if that dont sound suspicious then well i dont know what is.

http://romewired.com/forum5/840-3.html A poster says the area may not have been searched. This link also has pics from the search in January.
    Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.--Mark Twain

I live in Rome Ga and have some sad news to report, the body of James "Booney" Wade was found last week and he has passed on, cause of death is still under investigation.

Rome, GA
    Tuesday Sep 23

A Coosa Body Identified As James "Booney" Wade
    According to Floyd County Coroner Barry Henderson, the body discovered last week in the Coosa area has been identified as that of missing man James "Booney" Wade.