1180 users online (196 members and 984 guests)  

Websleuths News

OR - Ashlyn Wilson, 8 mos, Dallas, 20 July 1995

Missing Since: July 20, 1995 from Dallas, Oregon
    Classification: Family Abduction
    Date of Birth: November 20, 1994
    Height and Weight: 2'6, 30 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Ashlyn's listed height and weight are approximations.

Details of Disappearance

Ashlyn was last seen on July 20, 1995 in Dallas, Oregon. Her mother, Tara Suzanne Wilson, and her father were involved in a custodial dispute at the time. A photograph and vital statistics for Tara are posted below this case summary. When she failed to appear at custody hearings and disappeared with Ashlyn, the courts granted custody of the baby to her father. On July 20, 1995, a local arrest warrant was issued in Polk County for Tara, charging her with violating the court order granting visitation rights Ashlyn's father. An additional Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) warrant for unlawful flight to avoid prosecution was issued for her on January 8, 2003.

Tara and Ashlyn may now be living in Montana, California, Canada, or Latin America. Ashlyn's case is unsolved.

Tara Suzanne Wilson
    Date of Birth: October 2, 1971
    Height and Weight: 6'0, 140 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue/green eyes. Tara may go by her middle name, Suzanne, or her initials, T. S.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Polk County Sheriff's Office
    503-763-3319

Missing Oregon girl found safe after 18 years

An Oregon girl abducted as a baby and missing for 18 years finally emerged in Dallas this week when her mother turned herself in to authorities, according to the Polk County Sheriff's Department.

[snip]

Thousands of miles away in Iowa, Dan Wilson said he was disappointed deputies allowed his daughter to leave without getting so much as a picture of her. The only known photo of Ashlyn Wilson was taken when she was 8 months old.

"I've been familiar with the anguish rollercoaster for the past 18 years, but that set a new high and a new low," Dan Wilson said.

Tara Wilson is due in court on May 28.

More: http://www.kptv.com/story/22287373/missing-oregon-girl

"When Ashlyn talked to detectives, she gave very short, cryptic answers," Sheriff Bob Wolfe said Friday. "She just said she was 18 and had not been held against her will."

Tara Wilson, meanwhile, turned herself in, posted bail on the only crime she has been charged with so far -- contempt of court -- and left.

http://www.polkio.com/ns/news/25648/...after-18-years

Interesting updates from the Facebook page run by Ashlyn's father. See post on May 14.

https://www.facebook.com/ashlyn.c.wilson

Long story short - He says that Tara turned herself in on 5/13. She was jailed. Ashlyn and her grandfather were also there. Ashlyn said she was not being held against her will and has a wonderful mother. Did not ID her, photo her, question her away from her grandfather, or even tell her that her father had been looking for her for 18 years. Tara was bailed out and they all left.

This gives me hope that Gabriel Johnson will one day be found. If I live to be 100, I will never stop looking for that little boy! I think about him every single day.