Missing Georgia hiker--Meredith Emerson, 24 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

princessmer81

Reaction score
This case just makes me sick. It first caught my eye because we have the same name - Meredith. We are about the same age, love dogs and being outside. If it were me missing I would hope that everyone would do all that they could to find me.
When I read that she let her dog off the leash I wondered if perhaps the dog ran too far ahead of Meredith and got lost. I could see my dog doing that. Maybe Meredith went in search of Ella and got lost herself. I just hope that man didn't do anything to her. I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but based on the discription of the man you would think she would keep her distance - especially if it's true that he had a weapon (police baton?) on him.

"This man was seen with her on multiple occasions during that day," Union County investigator Kimberly Verdone said on Thursday.

This just seems strange. Did she know him? - or had she met him and his dog before? I just don't understand why a 24 year old girl would be hanging out with a 60 year old man all day if she didn't know him.

When I read this, I got a really BAD feeling about the man that Meredith was seen speaking to the day she went missing. I'm praying for her and Ella's safe return!

Is it possible that the man is missing, as well, as in not of his own accord? Could he and Meredith both be victims of someone else?

Starting to follow this one closely....

:furious: Why is this such a mean world?? WHY did this happen to this girl? I'm so sick of reading about this kind of stuff....these sickos who do things like this to these beautiful young girls with their whole lives ahead of them....I prayed so hard that Meredith would be found safe, that she had just gotten lost or disoriented.
I didn't want to think some predator on that mountain had done something to her.
:banghead:

The only blessings in this are that Georgia has the death penalty and that Ella was found safe; she will be a tremendous comfort to Meredith's family in the sad time to come. Prayers for Meredith's family and friends, and may Meredith be brought home to them soon.

Thank you very much, WindChime! Hugs~ (I did get your email and thank you for that, too!!)

Back to the case: Was this man ever married? Does he have children? It was said he tried to have a "siding business", was this ever checked out? Did he ever serve in the war? What do we know about him personally?

Again, in order to find out what is going on with this guy...we need to find out vital info on him. He lives off the grid now, but I have a feeling he was very much involved in life early on. Who and where are those people?

Ok these were my questions earlier. I moved them! Let's get some answers!!

Also,

I know the GMH in CO in the Stephanie Salazar case isn't the same because of age...BUT....Does this GMH in GA have any ties to CO...Family member, siblings, old friends etc?

IS GMH his TRUE identity? (maybe a silly question, but we've seen stranger stuff happen here)

Ok, Now, I know many of you, think I"m in a denial of sorts..and thats ok :innocent: - but If rumor is, she was still alive as late as possibly friday night...Couldn't she still be? Maybe on the brink from injuiries..but still?

Just heard an update on the radio from Union County.

Said he will appear in court this morning and we might hear a bit of the evidence, possible new charges.

There are over 100 pieces of evidence.

Possible search area covers 5 counties (Union, Forsyth, DeKalb for sure, probably Fulton to get from Forsyth to DeKalb...??) Huge areas.

LE is focusing the search on 5 areas (undisclosed) based on this evidence.

They are all but positive this is a recovery. :(

Trying to learn here - not being picky...

When they speak of "pieces of evidence"

Is say, 1 single dog hair considered 1 piece of evidence..

OR

Would say, The vacuumed debris they collected has the dog hair and something else in it...

Is that just one piece of evidence, (the whole collection that was went through) or Multiple pieces (dog hair, dirt from the area, etc, etc (not stating that was there, just an example!)

I'm trying to understand what they mean by that terminology. Thanks in advance for the help!

PS - thanks for the update Angelmom!

Just heard an update on the radio from Union County.

Said he will appear in court this morning and we might hear a bit of the evidence, possible new charges.

There are over 100 pieces of evidence.

Possible search area covers 5 counties (Union, Forsyth, DeKalb for sure, probably Fulton to get from Forsyth to DeKalb...??) Huge areas.

LE is focusing the search on 5 areas (undisclosed) based on this evidence.

They are all but positive this is a recovery. :(

Thanks for the updates....I heard wsb this morning too and they are saying they are following those OVER 100 pieces of evidence and will continue to do so until they peice this all together.

As you mentioned, tremendous amount of ground to cover....they really need to get him to break. Let's all pray he talks.

Jinxie.......

I was wondering the same thing about that being his real name or identity. I have looked and looked and looked, and there are just some years that I can't find anything about where he was or anything else.

Also for the people that said they don't think this is his first time abducting or harming someone. I completely agree, all the holes in his past, criminal activities that we do know about, lack of being able to track or find past residences, lack of relatives of any kind. I think this completely looks like a serial or atleast killer of more than one.

Oh btw.....I had to laugh at your little sentence..(unknowing devil's advocate)....I am so the same way....sometimes I feel like a dumb### because I take up for everyone at first until something concrete comes out.

Hoping we hear something soon in this case.....it is mind boggling.

Kel

From this wsb news article the dog was spotted about 2:30 in the afternoon running free and Hilton placed at phone call at 4:30 from the same area. So, he was in Cumming for 2 hours on Friday. Also, this location was close to where Patrice Endres was kidnapped. LE checked church yards in the area just in case Meredith was placed there as was the case with Patrice whose body was found 8 months after her kidnapping.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14987205/detail.html

From this wsb news article the dog was spotted about 2:30 in the afternoon running free and Hilton placed at phone call at 4:30 from the same area. So, he was in Cumming for 2 hours on Friday. Also, this location was close to where Patrice Endres was kidnapped. LE checked church yards in the area just in case Meredith was placed there as was the case with Patrice whose body was found 8 months after her kidnapping.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14987205/detail.html

From this link:

The dog did NOT look as if she'd been running in the woods for 3 days!!!

First time I've seen this.

From this link:

The article helps with a timeline just knowing he remained in that area for awhile. Chances are he let the dog go at 2:30 or so and then went to dispose of her body. The dog could have been an obstacle for him if she remained while he was undertaking that task. He returned to the area to dispose of clothes and ID so I would be looking really hard in Forsyth County. He may have taken her to Lake Lanier or any wooded area around there. He also may have taken the time to bury her since he didn't make the phone call until 4:30. He had time.

From this link:

I had a dream last night where I saw the two dogs, and I kept asking, why is there no dried blood on these dogs?
I agree, Ella looks to be in fine shape.

From this link:

It's black. Maybe the picture wasn't a close up of the dog.
Grew up with a black lab, never looked dirty however if I went to pet it my hand was dirty. Also had a towel by the door to wipe the paws off.
I have 2 light yellow labs now, man you can see the dirt right away.

:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member