Members please take the time and help us out.

CW

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
We need all our members to help us I did not realize that in our user cp that our subcribed threads are saved and generate emails. I need everyone to go to this link and please delete subcribed threads I had 70 pages of them and that is taking up so so much bandwidth and with us having server problems if everyone deletes these subcribed threads it's going to help clean up our software and bandwidth.
I'm enclosing the link please click on it and delete just like you do when cleaning up your pm box. Also PLEASE REMOVE PICTURES AND WORDS FROM YOUR SIGGY THERE SHOULD BE NOTHING IN THE SIGGY SPACE.ALSO NO POSTING OF ANY PICTURES...
Thank you so much
WindChime

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=0

Done Windy! I can't believe I actually had some subscribed threads back in 2004.

Thank you sweetie and I have to take out my pics and I need to add that.

Didn't even know that was there - I didn't put those there - who put those there? We have to get rid of our cutesy little pics too???

I hate to lose my pregnancy ticker.... but I have removed it. I didn't have any subscribed threads.

Thanks for letting us know how to help. It drives me nuts when WS is down!

What are subscribed threads?

Wow, I had misread this User Option, thought as long as one didn't choose to be notified by email that no subscriber threads would be generated.

It appears that the "Default Thread Subscription" must be selected to choose no thread subscription. If folks choose to subscribe then it is something that will take maintenance in order to be considerate of the forum.

Might want to turn off the option to auto subscribe to a thread when you post. I did that a few weeks ago and turned off email notification. I just turn it on on the threads I really want to watch.

I cleared my pm's.

If you told me that I had to pick up backyard dog poop instead of waiting for my H to do it, I would even do that to keep WS up and running smoothly.

And on that note, I read today that researchers have found over 400 genetic markers for suceptibility to addictions. We may all be more closely related than we think.

Susan

No siggy pics? :( No one will know it's me if I don't scream the loudest.. :D Can we post little siggy pics? yes? no? maybe? STFU PD and just do what you are told? ok :eek:

Just a thought here admin...Can you change the defaults systemwide? I reply to threads and don't always remember to change the pull down to "do not subscribe". There were very few in my list that were ones that I wanted there. If you made everyone manually pick if they wanted emails when there was a post on that particular thread I bet you would cut out 90% of the traffic you have going on.

By going to your User CP and clicking "Edit Options", the second section titled "Messaging & Notification" contains an area (second one) marked "Default Thread Subscription Mode" reads as follows:

When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

Default Thread Subscription Mode: (Select "Do Not Subscribe)

Then click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page, and you will no longer be subscribed to any threads you post on. This is what I did awhile back, and since then, I haven't seen any threads appear in my Subscribed Threads Folder.

I just went to menu, tracking messages.
Had a bunch, deleted all.:blushing:
Think everyone should check there "tracking messages" too.

I cleared my pm's.

If you told me that I had to pick up backyard dog poop instead of waiting for my H to do it, I would even do that to keep WS up and running smoothly.

And on that note, I read today that researchers have found over 400 genetic markers for suceptibility to addictions. We may all be more closely related than we think.

Susan
I agree with you! I would do ANYTHING to keep WS running! Maybe we need to have a small service fee too. If we all paid a dollar or two each month...or send in 15 dollars a year...it would be something to help upgrade the server or whatever it takes to keep us going!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

:p

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back