Boy glues self to bed to avoid school

JanetElaine

Reaction score
I had to put it in here instead of bizarre, because it's funny more than anything IMO.

A 10-year-old boy thought he had discovered a novel way of getting off school — glueing his hand to the bed.
Diego Palacios had so much fun over the Christmas holiday he was in no rush to get back to lessons.
He had to be freed by emergency services in Monterrey, northern Mexico, after his master plan went wrong.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,320957,00.html

:D :D :D

I hope his hand is okay though. lol

Kids do the darndest things.:) My kids on the other hand were chomping at the bit to get back to school and their friends.

My son would definitely try to pull this so I am making sure he doesn't see this article! The last stunt he tried was mixing packs of ketchup and mustard in his milk at lunchtime so it would make him barf so he could come home. The lady in the office called and told me that although he hadn't yet, he felt like he might...I told her to keep him there if he puked until he turned green. AND he could clean up the mess, too.

(I am not THAT mean either - it's just I knew if he got to come home that day, he would make up his little cocktail for lunch every day.)

Well, this is one my son hasn't tried. :D

Happy - my niece poured alphabet soup into the toilet and called her mom one morning, told her she threw up, and that needed to stay home that day. My SIL laughed hysterically and told her she was missing a can of soup from the pantry. :D Didn't work. My son hasn't tried that yet either - he HATES to throw up. ;)

My son would definitely try to pull this so I am making sure he doesn't see this article! The last stunt he tried was mixing packs of ketchup and mustard in his milk at lunchtime so it would make him barf so he could come home. The lady in the office called and told me that although he hadn't yet, he felt like he might...I told her to keep him there if he puked until he turned green. AND he could clean up the mess, too.

(I am not THAT mean either - it's just I knew if he got to come home that day, he would make up his little cocktail for lunch every day.)

Lol, happy. Once when I was in the 2nd grade, I mixed a can of campbelss cream of mushroom soup in the toilet bowl to make my mom think I had barfed. She found the can in the garbage and I got my butt blistered for wasting food.:rolleyes:

I'd have cut the bed- whatever part he was glued to - a hand shaped size piece of whatever it was - leg, mattress - whatever. Then he'd have gone to school with it still glued to his hand.

I know for a fact I'd have done that. That's just me!

I've sent my kid to school in her jammies when she didn't get dressed for school. I've taken her to my Grandmother's in the dead of winter in the snow barefoot when she refused to wear shoes. I never get the same misbehavior twice. ;-)

That's funny Glitch! I would have done the same thing, too (off to school with a hand-shaped piece of 'bed' attached). DD has also once made the trip to school on her socks... that cured the 'I don't want to wear shoes' real fast lol.

Wonder what is going on at school to make him NOT want to go. This is pretty extreme! We homeschool so this would not work at my house. LOL.

Wonder what is going on at school to make him NOT want to go. This is pretty extreme! We homeschool so this would not work at my house. LOL.

We homeschool, too! I guess if one of my kids glued themselves to the bed, we could all just do school in their room until it wore off or something ;)

Just a quick thought. I don't think I could do this to avoid things in MY life. Well, I guess I could, if I made a pile of snacks and then glued my hand down in the bathroom in such a way that I could sit on the toilet. Then I could stay there until the food ran out...

from link.....
He told how he sneaked into the kitchen in the early hours and then covered his hand with industrial-strength adhesive.
His mother woke up to find him watching TV with his hand stuck to the bed.

No t.v. at school maybe? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Why havent I thought of this to get me out of things I dont like doing:D

Kids nowadays are impressive with their ways of trying to get out of school... Thankfully, my kids haven't thought of anything that extreme!!
The most I ever did was run the thermometer under hot water to make it appear that I had I high fever... It worked every time!! lol

Kids nowadays are impressive with their ways of trying to get out of school... Thankfully, my kids haven't thought of anything that extreme!!
The most I ever did was run the thermometer under hot water to make it appear that I had I high fever... It worked every time!! lol

Heehee! I used to do that too! :eek: :D

Glitch, I had the same thought about cutting around the mattress! Why involve emergency responders?

Then I'd make him pay for a new mattress. :D

I'd have cut the bed- whatever part he was glued to - a hand shaped size piece of whatever it was - leg, mattress - whatever. Then he'd have gone to school with it still glued to his hand.

I know for a fact I'd have done that. That's just me!

I've sent my kid to school in her jammies when she didn't get dressed for school. I've taken her to my Grandmother's in the dead of winter in the snow barefoot when she refused to wear shoes. I never get the same misbehavior twice. ;-)
Good for you!!!

Glitch, I had the same thought about cutting around the mattress! Why involve emergency responders?

Then I'd make him pay for a new mattress. :D

I saw a video of this earlier today and it was a metal tube headboard - bright red. It would have taken some time to cut through with a hacksaw, but no one would miss seeing the bright red tube glued to his hand!

I am guilty of sending my kid to school sick - dose her with Tylenol or cough syrup and ship her out. There was no way to tell if she was faking, so I just would "assume" she was. I have had her skip school for important things though... such as her first KISS concert. ;-)

Oh, thanks for clearing that up, Glitch. I don't know if I would have gotten out the handsaw! lol

Hey, I might try this tomorrow to avoid my last two days at this job I HATE!!! :p

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back