GUILTY IA - Kendra, 10, & Alysha Suing, 8, murdered in their Sioux City home, 6 Jan 2008

OMG when will the insanity stop?!
From the above article:
SNIP, Frisbie said Kendra and Alysha Suing were were dead before the fire and appear to have died of strangulation and stab wounds.

Ritual my azz!!! The *advertiser censored* tortured and killed those girls and is going for an insanity plea. I hope his tale roasts in hell.:furious:

I would like to request that the title of this thread be changed. Nowhere in the article did I see the words "witchcraft" used. No offense Pixies, but it's putting down an entire religion.

He's trying to toot the insanity horn. Ritual. . . I don't think so.

I would like to request that the title of this thread be changed. Nowhere in the article did I see the words "witchcraft" used. No offense Pixies, but it's putting down an entire religion.

what other religions use "spells"?

From the article:
SNIP
Lt. Marti Reilly said Harris had been performing "some strange ritual." Harris told investigators he was casting a spell that "had gone bad" and the spell "could have had severe consequences,"

SNIP
"You're talking about people casting spells, spells gone bad," Frisbie said. "Obviously, there is a lot more going on here than a straightforward homicide."

Frisbie said Harris also "appeared to have blood on his person" at the scene. He said the investigation is ongoing and declined to say whether Harris had confessed to the murders or whether the girls had been sexually assaulted.

I have to agree with FLMom. Wicca is a religion of peace, not ritual sacrifice.

It could be satanic ritual killing. I have to agree the article does not say witchcraft. I really feel for these poor girls. I hope they did not suffer. I wonder if the mother knew what was going on?

:::Added:: Also, this is not about the crazy guys "religion" this is about 2 little kids TORTURED and MURDERED! They suffered because this guy is a freak not because he was "Casting spells". We should focus on these poor babies and not about the "excuses" he made. It takes away from the poor victims.::::

"witchcraft" was in another article I read or on the message board on the site. Since I am not a "religious" person, I didn't even think about it sounding negative. Wasn't my intent but whatever. If it offends you, sorry.

Unlike many who bash others beliefs *ie, Scientology* I am open minded about such and didn't mean no harm.

I took it as the spell went wrong and he killed them because the spell went wrong and he believed worse things would happen. (Worse than the killing of two girls???) I didn't take it as a ritual killing. That being said, however, I've never known a wiccan to kill anyone or any of their spells to be deemed so bad as to feel they had to. (I don't buy into the whole wiccan thing - but I also have no issues with wiccans whatsoever for believing as they do.)

I do believe "spells" implies "witchcraft" in our culture, and for most who are not familiar with wiccans, it is an evil thing to practice witchcraft. So, the association is valid, at least to that point.

Honestly though, I don't see how ANY belief in ANYthing would be powerful enough to make someone harm a child. Belief in the value of children would seem to far outweigh that of worship.

Sometimes I don't like people very much. Certain people. Certainly, this guy.

I'd prefer the title to be changed.

I think the title is fine. Read this:
http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/art...est_news/dc79484467af7704862573ca0067599d.txt
Girls had many questions about witchcraft, pastor says

Two young sisters who were murdered during a ritual slaying Sunday knew more about witchcraft then they should have for their age, a local pastor said.

Pastor Cary Gordon of Cornerstone World Outreach said Kendra Suing, 10, and Alysha Suing, 8, bombarded a bus driver for the church with questions after a summer lesson about the sinfulness of practicing witchcraft. (more at link)

On the mother's MySpace, she says she has 4 children, ages 13, 10, 8 and 2 and that they are her life. I wonder where she and the other 2 children were when this happened and if it is common for him to do these spells.

Was she aware of it and approving? Or did he only do this stuff when she was away from home?

There's a friend named Scott on her myspace. Could he be the biological father? I know he has a picture of one of the girls and his mood says depressed. Maybe the father or uncle?

The first link says "Joe" is the grandfather and "Craig Suing" is the bio father. Just FYI.

Thanks Taximom. I did read the article but I had forgotten that.

That's ok. I read it too and had to go back to check! lol

I think some family members are posting at the news sites.

I still can't help but wonder if they were being sexually abused and this was just a cover.

This is indeed a strange story - apparently, the 13 year old brother was a registered sex offender??? WTF???

"The household included two other children, a 13-year-old sibling of Kendra and Alysha who is a registered sex offender, and Lawrence Harris' 3-year-old son. Neither was home at the time of the killings, relatives said.
According to state records, the juvenile was convicted on June 4, 2007, of second-degree criminal sexual conduct in a location outside of Iowa. It indicates the victim of the crime was a girl 13 or younger."

http://tinyurl.com/224kep

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back