Mom sells teen's car after finding alcohol

ljwf22

Reality continues to ruin my life.
Reaction score
DES MOINES, Iowa - Jane Hambleton has dubbed herself the "meanest mom on the planet."

After finding alcohol in her son's car, she decided to sell the car and share her 19-year-old's misdeed with everyone — by placing an ad in the local newspaper.

Link:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080109/ap_on_fe_st/odd_car_ad

Good for her!

WOW. I wish more parents were like this. She, the parent, made a good decision. I don't think she is the meanest, just the bravest.

Good for Mom! The only person who feels she was wrong was her son. She had two rules: no alcohol in the car and keep it locked. He broke the rule and lost the car. She may have saved his life. I hope he realizes one day what a smart decision she made.

GO MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

:clap: :clap: :clap: He will realize one day!

Whoooooooooo Hoooooooooo! FINALLY a mom with some parenting skills! Go Mom!!!

What an inspiration this mom is!!! :woohoo:

I may have missed it, but is dad commenting anywhere?

I love it!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I loved her ad:

"OLDS 1999 Intrigue. Totally uncool parents who obviously don't love teenage son, selling his car. Only driven for three weeks before snoopy mom who needs to get a life found booze under front seat. $3,700/offer. Call meanest mom on the planet."
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

from link:
The only critic is her son, who Hambleton says is "very, very unhappy" with the ad and claims the alcohol was left by a passenger.

I hope this kid appreciates the fact that his Mom found the booze and not a police officer during a traffic stop.....or worse. That old "it was left in the car by someone else" thing doesn't fly with most cops, ignorance of the law is no excuse. Mom did an awesome thing for him and is teaching him a very valuable lessen, and he doesn't even know it yet.

Love it! Way to go, Mom!! :clap: :clap:

He must be the "nice" parent :D

smilie_lolexpl.gif

ugghhh...my 2 kiddos love to try to run that game between hubby and I all the time...

Either that or he doesn't agree with Mom and is afraid to voice his opinion for fear she'll put an ad in the paper for him too! :D :p

Or is there a dad on the scene?

i wonder if dad has/had an alcohol problem which helped mom make her mind up to stamp it out for her son so decisively?

i think she did well, whatever the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back