• NO- I would, but I can't afford to

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN

I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oi
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see how many people here at WS have actually donated to the Find Madeleine Fund.

Nope. I have thought from the beginning that the parents were at fault. At the very least the endangered their children by leaving them alone, but I think it went much further than that.

No - by the time I heard about the fund, they already had wealthy doners like Richard Branson and J. K. Rowling.

I didn't understand then, and really don't understand now, where all that money went. Posters don't cost millions of dollars.

Both of them have good jobs (well did).
I don't think they are hurting for cash.
Sounds like Drew Peterson, then everyone finds out he gave a ton of money to his grown son....

Nope, no way I would...:slap:

Money is the root of all evil.

I would look for a missing child, a campaign is not necessary.

Maddie's face was broadcast all over the world. I can think of other ways of making sure people don't forget about her without taking people's money to pay my mortgage.

Never have....never will.

I didnt give any money - nothing to do anything - just dont give much of my hard earned to anybody - i donate to one charity monthly and that is that - bit of a scrooge at heart - charity starts at home

To me the fund didnt really bother me - they managed to raise a stack of cash - well that is up to them - all I really was bothered about was - did they do it , if they didnt who did and how - sure I was as upset as anyone that a small girl was missing - but my interest in this case has always been from the mechanics the who duninit angle - if it was them - why - what was the motive etc etc looking at the evidence and timelines .That is my main interest

If they have been thieving from the fund as many people think - then they will get caught in the end . too many people have been involved

It always depends from what angle you come from - of course those who think they did it from the outset will be horrified that they are taking money from the public as well

For me I am coming form the other angle - untikl proved otherwise - so the fund was immaterial - it might have worked .

IF they turn out to be innocent of the charges - then at least I suppose they had a go - did more than most - If they turn out to be guilty - then they will go down as the most cold blooded killers in history

I didnt give any money - nothing to do anything - just dont give much of my hard earned to anybody - i donate to one charity monthly and that is that - bit of a scrooge at heart - charity starts at home

To me the fund didnt really bother me - they managed to raise a stack of cash - well that is up to them - all I really was bothered about was - did they do it , if they didnt who did and how - sure I was as upset as anyone that a small girl was missing - but my interest in this case has always been from the mechanics the who duninit angle - if it was them - why - what was the motive etc etc looking at the evidence and timelines .That is my main interest

If they have been thieving from the fund as many people think - then they will get caught in the end . too many people have been involved

It always depends from what angle you come from - of course those who think they did it from the outset will be horrified that they are taking money from the public as well

For me I am coming form the other angle - untikl proved otherwise - so the fund was immaterial - it might have worked .

IF they turn out to be innocent of the charges - then at least I suppose they had a go - did more than most - If they turn out to be guilty - then they will go down as the most cold blooded killers in history

Excellent point of view. Thank you for your honest answer.

Did more than most?!?! With all due respect I think that is offensive to parents world wide who have suffered such a loss.

Raising money that is not necessary to such an investigation is insulting, imo. Guilty or not this fund was and is in my opinion a red-herring. The idea that finding a child, who is in the global spotlight somehow depends on financial aid from sympathetic people and not the abilities of LE, media, organizations already in place and the good human nature of people as a whole is crass.

The simple fact that all the money and media hoggish attention they have garnered has not brought her home hits the nail on the head. To continue to ask for donations is a slap in the face. This is not some charity to aid the society for lost children or for counceling or to bring awareness to the plight of bad parenting skills. The idea that any of that money went to pay the salary of CM and the like with the pretense that it is about finding Madelein is sickening. - jmho.

Did more than most?!?! With all due respect I think that is offensive to parents world wide who have suffered such a loss.

Raising money that is not necessary to such an investigation is insulting, imo. Guilty or not this fund was and is in my opinion a red-herring. The idea that finding a child, who is in the global spotlight somehow depends on financial aid from sympathetic people and not the abilities of LE, media, organizations already in place and the good human nature of people as a whole is crass.

The simple fact that all the money and media hoggish attention they have garnered has not brought her home hits the nail on the head. To continue to ask for donations is a slap in the face. This is not some charity to aid the society for lost children or for counceling or to bring awareness to the plight of bad parenting skills. The idea that any of that money went to pay the salary of CM and the like with the pretense that it is about finding Madelein is sickening. - jmho.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Oh so true.

ETA: I've been thinking about what Rino said, and the more I do, the more ticked I get... You know, if CM was in PDL organising search teams, paying for ATV and boat rentals and fuel costs for said searches, buying feed for search animals and making sandwiches and ice tea for the search teams, I would be more sympathetic, but nothing of the sort has happened. It really would be embarrassing to tell anyone you donated to such a farce.

I voted NO also and after reading this, I am glad I didn't.

Date of incorporation of 'Madeleine's Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited' with Companies House as a private, limited by guarantee, no share capital company.

It is thought the original idea was to set the fund up as a charity but this was rejected when it became clear that a charity cannot be operated for the sole benefit of one person.

One of the things that distinguish a limited company from a charity is that it does not have all the rules and regulations which govern the conduct of the fundraising and which controls the proportion of the charities funds that are spent on overheads, expenses and wages etc.

It was reported at the time that the Charity Commission was extremely disturbed at the way the Fund was being advertised as it gave people the impression that they were donating to a charity - not a private limited company.

The reality is, however unpalatable, that Madeleine's Fund is a private limited company and can therefore spend the money donated in any way it so chooses.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id58.html

I'm really surprised that more supporters haven't voted that they sent money. I thought it was all about "doing something" to help in the search. At least I've read that comment over and over since September.

But the way I have always felt about it is that the Police in Europe and Britain are already paid to search for this child. She also has legions of people talking about her, documentaries, and her parents are on YouTube for free. Yes, free.

The Internet doesn't cost anything, and neither does YouTube. The media gave the parents interview after interview - for free.

Our discussion here may seem pointless and dull sometimes, but it is free publicity, and we have kept cases alive here longer than anywhere else. We are searchable on the "free" Internet, and that helps anyone who wants to look up a fact about this case.

So again, what did they need all the money for?

Having a fund set up to search and asking for donations might have been planned in order to make the McCanns look less guilty. Maybe that's along with wanting to go ahead and raise some defense money just in case and make up for lost wages are the reasons.

I don't have a problem saying that I didn't contribute.

I wouldn't have a problem saying publicly that I did.

O/T, but FWIW: The things I support with my hard earned (!) cash, I support publicly, they are: Compassion International (we have a child we have supported for over ten years now) our church, Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity, Salvation Army, "Shared Dreams" clothing drive at DD's school, the nonprofit 501-C organization that supports the ballet company my daughters dance in.

Are we all sleeping now? Seriously, if I gave to the McCann fund, I would be happy to say as the idiom goes, "put my money where my mouth is."

Although, as a correction, there's no record or proof that J.K. Rowing ever gave to the Fund itself. She volunteered a reward to anyone who helped find Madeleine, but that money is separate from the Fund.

Although, as a correction, there's no record or proof that J.K. Rowing ever gave to the Fund itself. She volunteered a reward to anyone who helped find Madeleine, but that money is separate from the Fund.

Thanks - I didn't realize that! ;)

I'm a stay-at-home Mom on a limited budget. We give to local charities and support the schools, and that's it. If I had more, I might have been tempted to send something in the early days.

However, I don't think any of that money has done any good to find Madeleine. Where's the proof? Most of the evidence has been found by official police searches, and not by these so-called detectives.

I'm loving this money discussion! This has always been one of the most bizarre aspects of this case in my mind.

The Madeline fund was incorporated on May 17th IIRC. Barely 15 days after Maddie went missing -- boggled my mind. The truth of the matter is that I have no problem giving even when the money I give goes to support the parents while they are off work searching for their child. I don't have a lost child, but if I did, I think I would find it very difficult to go to work every day and try to act normal. I would appreciate any money I received that would allow me to skip work and concentrate on finding my child. So I can understand needing money to support yourself after any vacation or sick pay runs out.

HOWEVER - setting up a fund? With managers? TWO WEEKs after your child disappears? And you know it takes time to get that done, so they were working on this fund within a weeks time. That makes no sense to me. I can not figure out how the people in Maddie's family thought it was more important to set up some "limited liability company" to receive donations than it was to find her.

Then there is the cost of a Campaign Manager. Not an inexpensive employee. Did the Ramseys have press agents? Again - boggled my mind. WHY, WHY, WHY, do the parents of a missing child need a publicity manager? WHY? I don't get it. You go on TV, you talk to any media outlet you can - you tell the truth, over and over again and you send loving messages to your child in the hopes that he/she will hear them. How does that take a "spokesperson"?

I don't get it......:confused: :confused: :confused:

Salem

I'm loving this money discussion! This has always been one of the most bizarre aspects of this case in my mind.

The Madeline fund was incorporated on May 17th IIRC. Barely 15 days after Maddie went missing -- boggled my mind. The truth of the matter is that I have no problem giving even when the money I give goes to support the parents while they are off work searching for their child. I don't have a lost child, but if I did, I think I would find it very difficult to go to work every day and try to act normal. I would appreciate any money I received that would allow me to skip work and concentrate on finding my child. So I can understand needing money to support yourself after any vacation or sick pay runs out.

HOWEVER - setting up a fund? With managers? TWO WEEKs after your child disappears? And you know it takes time to get that done, so they were working on this fund within a weeks time. That makes no sense to me. I can not figure out how the people in Maddie's family thought it was more important to set up some "limited liability company" to receive donations than it was to find her.

Then there is the cost of a Campaign Manager. Not an inexpensive employee. Did the Ramseys have press agents? Again - boggled my mind. WHY, WHY, WHY, do the parents of a missing child need a publicity manager? WHY? I don't get it. You go on TV, you talk to any media outlet you can - you tell the truth, over and over again and you send loving messages to your child in the hopes that he/she will hear them. How does that take a "spokesperson"?

I don't get it......:confused: :confused: :confused: Salem

Maybe you actually DO get it.

Maybe you actually DO get it.
Exactly.

If I was a parent in that horrible situation, I would not want to deal with anyone except my family and the police, and money would be the last thing on my mind.

But look - they called the media before they called the police. So there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail