115 90.55%
  • Yes- I gave at the beginning, but will not give again

2 1.57%
  • Yes- I gave, and will continue to give until she is found

4 3.15%
  • NO- I would, but I can't afford to

6 4.72%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    As for your questions abut leaving the children, I do not know why they did. But is is however perfectly legal in Portugal and the UK.
    If the Madeleine Fund wants to do some good other than fatten certain individuals wallets they should start campaigning for making it illegal to abandon small children in Portugal and the UK. I might donate for that cause.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    If the Madeleine Fund wants to do some good other than fatten certain individuals wallets they should start campaigning for making it illegal to abandon small children in Portugal and the UK. I might donate for that cause.
    First of all do you have any evidence that it is being used to fatten people's wallets, and who these individuels are? It is a not for profit company (due to the illeaglity of it becoming a charity in England) with no shareholders, so people are not making money from it? If you have any evidence that it is being used to fatten people's wallets coudl ypu post the link to the primary sources. Remember the millons were initially given to the McCanns, not the fund so they wer eunde rno legal obligation to put it in the fund, nor were they under any obligation to put the newspaper payouts or the book royalties in the fund. So if they wanted to make millons from it then they could just have kept this money, and not set up the fund.

Can I also ask why you do not think find a missing child is good? Why is it a bad thing for a missing child to be found?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to brit1981 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post
    First of all do you have any evidence that it is being used to fatten people's wallets, and who these individuels are? It is a not for profit company (due to the illeaglity of it becoming a charity in England) with no shareholders, so people are not making money from it? If you have any evidence that it is being used to fatten people's wallets coudl ypu post the link to the primary sources. Remember the millons were initially given to the McCanns, not the fund so they wer eunde rno legal obligation to put it in the fund, nor were they under any obligation to put the newspaper payouts or the book royalties in the fund. So if they wanted to make millons from it then they could just have kept this money, and not set up the fund.

Can I also ask why you do not think find a missing child is good? Why is it a bad thing for a missing child to be found?
    Can you please advise which missing child has been found?

lots of missing children have been found, but the fund was set up in order to manage the funds people had donated to find Madeleine. Why is thta a bad thing? Do you think it is a bad thing to try to find madeleine? I cannot see why any grown adult would not want a child to be found.

Can you please provide primay sources for the claims you have made i.e...

1) that only 13% of the funds expenditure was spent searching for Madeleine

2) that the fund has been spent on the mccanns' legal fees rather than the fund's i.e libel cases rather than the funds administrative fees

3) that all sixteen efits were produced by the mccanns

4)that the amaral case is being funded by the fund

can you also provide primary sources that state that it is the mccanns' fault that halligan was a criminal, and why if this is an issue they are not being held responsible for the fact amaral is a convicted criminal.

why is it suspicious the law was followed and the fund was not made a charity - since when is not breaking the law suspicious?

why is it suspicious that when the fund ran low they tried to get a book deal to boost it?

why is it suspicious that at the same time they tried to get scotland yard to look at the case, they also employed investigators some of whom were former police detectives (noting that no private investigators claim to specialize in stranger abductions)?

can you also provide your sources for claiming that this is a cover-up involving two British governments, the Portuguese government, the US ambassador, the FSS, the police, the Mccanns, the Mccanns friends etc

Can you also please provide your sources for claiming the CC was going to break the law and give the fund charity status

Can you please also provide the FIO number for the quote you have put in above, and provide the source for where you saw this FOI (as it either the CC have broken the data protection act, or someone has falsly claimed that their own writings are a FOI).

Can you please provide you source for claiming the FSS was not in fact a government owned agency charged with examining forensic evidence and maintaining the DNA database, but was in fact a private company with links to the mccanns which had no legal right to look at DNA.

You have also claimed a 2007 cable saying " the british police devloped the current evidence against the mccanns" was proof of this cover up, and proved that the police were involved in more than helping with the dogs and FSS examination. Can you please explain where in this cable that is shown?

Well a lot of lawyers pockets have been lined on the back of a missing child
    England's dancing days are done...

There are 11 efits here, at least four were produced by private detectives paid for from the fund

The Mccanns did use their detectives to produce a lot of the efits

Detectives did allow an image to be shown to residents in the area - but it basically showed a sketch of an oval and was ridiculed as an 'egg with a side parting'.
    After immense pressure, they also released a sketch of a man seen hanging around the family's apartment.
    But their general inaction forced the McCanns themselves to publicise a series of e-fits and sketches of suspects seen outside their apartment.
    But they were unable to act on the early descriptions by the two Britons because they were not even told of their existence by Portuguese police.

The Madeleine Fund accounts

March 2011

March 2010

March 2009

2007-2008

I am not going to respond to your questions until you point me to a post where I said any of these things.

However, it does not look like this fund is finding anybody.
    They would do far more good for children if they addressed issues that could prevent more children going missing in the first place such as the irresponsibility of leaving small toddlers unsupervised and the sadly defective legislation that according to you makes this perfectly legal.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

A review of the background to setting up the limited company Madeleine's Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned and a forensic examination of the company accounts

by Enid O'Dowd FCA

This is interesting. Enid O'Down used to do the accounts for the Irish Nursing Board. I have no doubt that she has been smeared and that this article will be rubbished by the supporters of child neglect

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    I am not going to respond to your questions until you point me to a post where I said any of these things.

However, it does not look like this fund is finding anybody.
    They would do far more good for children if they addressed issues that could prevent more children going missing in the first place such as the irresponsibility of leaving small toddlers unsupervised and the sadly defective legislation that according to you makes this perfectly legal.
    You said this in a post a few posts up on this thread.

So you do imply it is not good to try to find a missing child, you do outright say the fund is being used to fatten people's wallets.

And if leaving a sleeping three year old to be checked every half an hour is so bad, then why is it acceptable to allow older children to walk to school without an adult? Ten year olds have been kidnapped as they walked to school even with other children, yet one hears parents claiming that it is Ok they do not bother to ensure their child gets to school safely because they have made sure another child is there (because obviously a ten year old is going to be able to fight off grown men and women).

And we have no idea what information the fund has passed onto the police, but if people want to donate to it then that is their business, so why should other people suddenly decide that the fund should be closed and the money used for other things. If people want to focus on missing people in general then they can donate to those organisations. It appears that the people whining and demanding this and that of the fund are not the ones donating to it anyway, so I fail to see where the idea that they should have some say in it, or demand to see the exact accounts comes from.

You said this in a post a few posts up on this thread.

So you do imply it is not good to try to find a missing child, you do outright say the fund is being used to fatten people's wallets.

And if leaving a sleeping three year old to be checked every half an hour is so bad, then why is it acceptable to allow older children to walk to school without an adult? Ten year olds have been kidnapped as they walked to school even with other children, yet one hears parents claiming that it is Ok they do not bother to ensure their child gets to school safely because they have made sure another child is there (because obviously a ten year old is going to be able to fight off grown men and women).

And we have no idea what information the fund has passed onto the police, but if people want to donate to it then that is their business, so why should other people suddenly decide that the fund should be closed and the money used for other things. If people want to focus on missing people in general then they can donate to those organisations. It appears that the people whining and demanding this and that of the fund are not the ones donating to it anyway, so I fail to see where the idea that they should have some say in it, or demand to see the exact accounts comes from.
    I cannot see where Donjeta has said this, I really cannot and IMO your arguments for it being OK to leave small children alone do not hold water with me and never will

badhorsie,

people have been claiming that the McCanns have released sixteen efits, as if this is somehow suspicious. In actual fact, you have come up with four efits the McCanns publicized. With the exception of Jane Tanner's description none of these efits come from anyone the McCanns know.

We actually have no idea how much lawyers have made. But all criminal cases need lawyers, so lawyers make money from all cases involving children, they do not prosecute or defend for free. The police do not work overtime for free either. But the claim was that the fund was being used to fatten people's wallets, yet not one shred of proof has been used to dmeonstrate it. Carter ruck have claimed thye have not taken money from the fund. Richard Branson has given money to the McCanns for their lawyer's fees, and the McCanns were two of the signitories on a letter to the government asking for no-win no fee to stay (along wiht the parents of murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler). So there is no evidence the fund has been used to pay lawyers.

I have read the Enid O'Dowd article, and sadly she does not seem to have a grasp f English law. one of the biggest mistakes she makes is to claim they could have made it a charity despite this being illegal under the law in England. The Mccanns have followed the law. It could not be a charity under English law, so the nly option was a NFP company or keeping it in their own bank account. If they kept it in their own account they would not have to submitted any accounts except to the taxman, and they have submitted all the correct accounts fr a NFP comapny. In actual fact charities are not any more transparent than this (oxfam employ thousands and thousands of volunteers work for them and can claim expenses, have you ever seen a detailed account listing all the thousands of expense claims for car parking etc from oxfam?).

But the fact is millons were given to the McCanns before the fund was even thought of, and more was received via book royalties and compensation payments (which could have gone into their own account), nor has anyone been forced to donate to the fund. If people do not want to donate then they do not have to, and it is not anyone elses business if others choose to donate.

Badhorise,
    the fund was set up to look for madeleine, yet Donjeta has written that if they want to do some good the fund shoudl be used to make it illegal for peopel to leave their children alone for thirty minutes.
    I do not agree with people leaving their children like this, but I think it is just as bad, if not worse, for people to not bother to take their own children safely to school yet no-one seems to think people like that should be prosecuted. If you think about it it is much more likely a ten year old walking to school alone (or with a friend or two) is much more likely to be hurt or abducted than a three year old fast asleep in bed being checked every half an hour.

Last edited by KateB; 04-13-2015 at 11:56 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast