History On The Mccann Houses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i there people i have been doing some research on the McCanns what i have worked out that Gerry McCann did once lived at Wilton court in Glasgow and also both Gerry and Kate did live at 14 the mews Queniborough in Leicestershire from 2003 to 2006 they sold this house for £300000 to a person call Mr David Alexander John with this money they bought another house at 5 the crescent in Rothley in Leicestershire for 459950 from another person called Mr Stephen P Williams on 20/01/2006

$906,101 US dollars. Pretty nice abode for a couple middle class Doctors. Nearly a million dollars can buy the Ritz in Nebraska USA...LOL And to think they still had money left over for week long holiday trips to paradise. I don't think we went on vacation for 5 years after we bought our modest home...

$906,101 US dollars. Pretty nice abode for a couple middle class Doctors. Nearly a million dollars can buy the Ritz in Nebraska USA...LOL

Thats why we are all skint in the UK our houses cost a fortune .

$906,101 US dollars. Pretty nice abode for a couple middle class Doctors. Nearly a million dollars can buy the Ritz in Nebraska USA...LOL And to think they still had money left over for week long holiday trips to paradise. I don't think we went on vacation for 5 years after we bought our modest home...

Gerry and Kate had all the money they needed when it came to getting things for themselves.

Too bad they couldn't spare a few pounds to have a nanny take care of their vulnerable toddlers while on vacation in a foreign land.

Firstly they thought there was a nanny listening service. That is commonly used at resorts and hotels in Europe. because the resort was spread out throughout the village there turned out not to be one at the resort they stayed out (too long to do a circuit every 30 mins), so they just decided to check on them themselves every fifteen to half and hour. It is not something I would do, but they thought it was a safe area, and lots of people were doing it. I think it is easy to get lulled into a false sense of security on holiday, and if you look at google earth it is only 50m directly to the flat.

< modsnip >

Firstly they thought there was a nanny listening service. That is commonly used at resorts and hotels in Europe. because the resort was spread out throughout the village there turned out not to be one at the resort they stayed out (too long to do a circuit every 30 mins), so they just decided to check on them themselves every fifteen to half and hour. It is not something I would do, but they thought it was a safe area, and lots of people were doing it. I think it is easy to get lulled into a false sense of security on holiday, and if you look at google earth it is only 50m directly to the flat.

< modsnip >

The only evening that checks were undertaken at "fifteen minute to half hour" intervals, was the EVENING MADELINE DISAPPEARED.

Every other evening, the checks had been far less frequent.

Regardless, there is absolutely no reason why comparatively well off individuals would leave their babies alone in a strange hotel room, in a resort teeming with childcare options INCLUDING in-house nannies.

< modsnip >

Incorrect. They certainly knew there was no listening service there before they arrived. they even negotiated a discount on the holiday because of this. secondly, pray tell who are the lots of other people who were doing this? As for the distance being 50m, thats as the crow flies, only of course they didnt have wings. the actual walking distance was more in the region of 100 plus metres. the POINT being that they were out of ear and eyeshot so the distance is irrelevant.

IME, it just isn't fair to compare house prices GBP to USD. (This isn't said in defence of the McCann's either but there really is no comparison.)

My parents had a home in Milwaukee they purchased for $149,999. 3 bedroom/2 bath fully detached home; built in microwave and dishwasher; custom cabinetry; mother in law flat; finished basement with bar; swimming pool; fully fenced and 2.5 car garage.

My husband purchased a home here for $201,000 (USD). 2 bedroom, 1 bath mid terrace. Amenities include: indoor plumbing and central heating. ;)

Just sayin'. (But, um, yeah, they certainly could've forked out the cash for a nanny.)

IME, it just isn't fair to compare house prices GBP to USD. (This isn't said in defence of the McCann's either but there really is no comparison.)

My parents had a home in Milwaukee they purchased for $149,999. 3 bedroom/2 bath fully detached home; built in microwave and dishwasher; custom cabinetry; mother in law flat; finished basement with bar; swimming pool; fully fenced and 2.5 car garage.

My husband purchased a home here for $201,000 (USD). 2 bedroom, 1 bath mid terrace. Amenities include: indoor plumbing and central heating. ;)

Just sayin'. (But, um, yeah, they certainly could've forked out the cash for a nanny.)

You are right house prices in the Uk are just stupid. I live in London as well, so I find it strange that people think half a millon pounds for a four bedroom house is a lot. Try getting that in London. A one bedroomed grotty flat in central London will easily be half a millon.

But back to the nanny listening service, lots of people use them. Look on the internet and you will see lots of hotels and resorts all over the EU offering these services, so obviously people are using them. Until Madeleine McCann disappeared Mark Warner used them on all their campus style resorts. I would have thought after Madeleine disappeared people would stop using these services, but apparently not.

It was about 77 metres to walk, but you are right saggy, they were out of earshot and eyesight. It was a stupid decision, but a stupidity that seems to be shared by many people, and I do not think it is therefore indicitive of guilt.

You are right house prices in the Uk are just stupid. I live in London as well, so I find it strange that people think half a millon pounds for a four bedroom house is a lot. Try getting that in London. A one bedroomed grotty flat in central London will easily be half a millon.

But back to the nanny listening service,
lots of people use them. Look on the internet and you will see lots of hotels and resorts all over the EU offering these services, so obviously people are using them. Until Madeleine McCann disappeared Mark Warner used them on all their campus style resorts. I would have thought after Madeleine disappeared people would stop using these services, but apparently not.

It was about 77 metres to walk, but you are right saggy, they were out of earshot and eyesight. It was a stupid decision, but a stupidity that seems to be shared by many people[/B], and I do not think it is therefore indicitive of guilt.

Regardless of the availability of nanny/babysitting/listening services, the fact remains that all these parents needed to do to ensure their babies did not wake up crying, frightened and alone (as they did the evening before) was to STAY IN (even ONE of them), or at the very least grab a quick bite and return once they had eaten. This is not what occured.

I cannot imagine the fear and abandonment Madeline felt listening to her baby brother screaming in a dark, strange hotel room, the evening before. As a mother this makes me feel ill even thinking about it, and it would be IMPOSSIBLE for me to risk this happening to my babies again.

This decision is not stupid, as they are not stupid people. This decision is indicative of how they regarded their children. Neglect when someone is uneducated and ill brought up themselves is one thing, but neglect where the parents concerned are educated, wealthy, upright pillars of our society smacks of a deep, deep callousness and willingness to mislead which to me, absolutely indicates guilt.

Back to house prices - I'm not quite sure what the point of this thread would be, except to confirm they had access to quite a lot of money.

But we knew that, simply by their careers.

They have a very nice lifestyle indeed, propped up now as it is by the Find Madeline Fund.

A hospital doctor (who still uses the title doctor, and not mister or professor), and a part time locum GP, are not going to be that wealthy. A half a millon pound house does not in the UK indicate access to a lot of money. If anything it more thna likely means they do not have a lot of spare money (the fact they used a mark warner resort holiday also indicates that they did not have a lot of money).

Can I just as if you are now claiming the find madeleine fund (which submits accounts each year to company house) is being used to fund the Mccanns living costs?

Do the accounts say how it supports her family? I had no problem with them using it to pay their mortgage when they were staying in Portugal (if I were in a similar situation and suddenly faced with paying for two homes, I would take the help if I thought that enabled me to look for my child), but are they actually using it now?

Do the accounts say how it supports her family? I had no problem with them using it to pay their mortgage when they were staying in Portugal (if I were in a similar situation and suddenly faced with paying for two homes, I would take the help if I thought that enabled me to look for my child), but are they actually using it now?
how would anyone know seeing as the accounts do NOT give any breakdown whatsoever on where all the money has specifically been spent.

Yes. Further, it pays fees to the Board of Directors which includes Kate's uncle, and Gerry's brother.

The exact phrase is -

To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family.

This broad definition can include aunts, uncles, grandparents, or anyone else who sacrifices a room in their house for an "office", including Kate.

But you do not actually know that for a fact though?

I know for a fact that that is the phrasing on the Madeline Fund website, therefore it follows that that is what the money is used for, otherwise that particular phraseology would not be used. I also note that Kate McCann was able to give up her medical career altogether. One would assume she was able to do this as she has acquired a replacement income somewhere. I haven't heard that she's pulling pints in the local pub, nor opened a child care centre, so we can safely assume her new income is being derived directly from the fund.

To date no-one knows what percentage of the funds is being funnelled straight into McCann pockets, as their statement of accounts is essentially incomplete.

It does remain a question why the McCann corporation decided to run the foundation as a business instead of a charity, which enables them to be less than transparent with their financial dealings.

She only worked two days a week as a locum GP, and in the UK child care is so horrendous that you could easily quit working two days a week, stop the chidlcare and not be that short.

As for the find madeleine fund being run as a not for profit company and not a charity that is very simple. It would be illegal under the law here (charity act 2006, and the charity commission) to run it as a charity. In England and Wales a charity must fulfill the public benefit test, as this fund is only about finding one person it does not meet that requirement and so had to be a not for profit company. But in actual fact nfp companies, and charities have the same level of transparency so it does not really matter. the only difference is that they do not get the same tax breaks, and cannot claim gift aid on donations.

Lets have a closer look at the activities of the "find Madeline Fund"...some compelling questions that I for one, would like answered.

Only 13% of the McCanns&#8217; Find Madeleine Fund has been spent on searching for Madeleine. The Fund is a private company, not a charity. Much of it has been used on the McCanns&#8217; legal expenses.

The first detectives the McCanns employed were the highly controversial Spanish group Metodo 3. Just before Christmas 2007, their boss, Francisco Marco, boasted his men were &#8216;closing in on Madeleine&#8217;s kidnappers&#8217;, promising &#8216;Madeleine will be home by Christmas&#8217;. These were lies.

Next, the McCanns turned to a private investigator called Kevin Halligen, who has various aliases. He set up a one-man company called Oakley International, formed after Madeleine disappeared. Yet the McCanns&#8217; spokesman claimed Oakley were &#8216;the big boys&#8217; in international private detection. The McCanns are said to have paid Halligen £500,000, which he squandered on high living and hard drinking, achieving nothing. At present (January 2011), he has been in Belmarsh High Security Prison over a year, awaiting extradition to the U.S., where he is required to answer $2 fraud charges.

All the main &#8216;private investigation&#8217; agencies used by the McCanns had expertise in such areas as money-laundering, fraud, state security and intelligence - not in finding missing children.

The McCanns have produced 16 different artists&#8217; impressions of suspects, &#8216;persons of interest&#8217; and &#8216;persons we wish to eliminate from our enquiries&#8217;. Yet despite their spending millions of pounds, we, the public, know nothing whatsoever about who is supposed to have abducted Madeleine.

The McCanns took legal action to ban Mr Amaral&#8217;s book on the case: &#8216;The Truth About A Lie&#8217;. They succeeded in September 2009. But in October 2010 the Portuguese Appeal Court lifted that ban. The McCanns are carrying on with their libel action against Mr Amaral, using their Fund to do so.

The McCanns said late 2010 that their Fund was running low and that the Fund &#8216;might run out of money soon&#8217;. Yet at the very same time, they were negotiating a multi-million pound book deal.

So....a lot of goings on with the "fund', lots and lots of public money spent, lots and lots of legal actions taken to hush various detractors, YET STILL NO ANSWERS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46