598 users online (56 members and 542 guests)  

Websleuths News

Man Cuts Off, Microwaves His Own Hand

This is definately bizarre! I didn't see it posted yet, but if so, Mods can delete mine.

HAYDEN, Idaho — A man who believed he bore the "mark of the beast" used a circular saw to cut off one hand, then he cooked it in the microwave and called 911, authorities said.
    The man, in his mid-20s, was calm when Kootenai County sheriff's deputies arrived Saturday in this northern Idaho town. He was in protective custody in the mental health unit of Kootenai Medical Center

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/shar...aved_Hand.html

Yikes! I've read about cases like this, just recently an episode on Grey's Anatomy delt with same scenario. Man used chain saw to cut his foot off, there is a medical term for this condition, but I can't think of it.

What? For the love of Pete. Poor man. I hope he gets the proper help if it is available, and well now he has to deal with his amputated hand.

It never ceases to amaze me that people can go off the deep end and do the most bizarre, insane things imaginable.. but somehow they almost always have the presence of mind to 'call 911'.....!!....???

Strange. Though when I first saw this on the main page, all I saw was "Man cuts off, microwaves his..." and a different body part came to mind

Quote Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
    Strange. Though when I first saw this on the main page, all I saw was "Man cuts off, microwaves his..." and a different body part came to mind
    Mee too...Boy, he is gonna regret that when he makes a 'miraculous 'recovery from his mental issues.

At least he hurt himself and not someone else..not defending it just making an observation..

Quote Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
    HA, I so didn't think of that.