Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by angelwngs View Post
    http://onlineathens.com/stories/0111...odyfound.shtml

snip~The white female found in the lake did not appear at first glance to have been the victim of violence, Clarke County Coroner Bobby Tribble said.
    "There weren't any signs of obvious trauma," Tribble said.
    GBI will conduct the autopsy Saturday, and should have results in "a day or two," Tribble said.
    Athens-Clarke police called in the Hall County Sheriff's Department's 10-person dive team today to search the lake. Investigators already had dredged the lake last week, but wanted to check it again, although they had no specific reason to believe Bywater might be found there, Athens-Clarke police Maj. Mark Sizemore said.
    "We were looking at expanding the search, and in order to do that, we had to eliminate everything in the park, including the lake," he said.
    The dive team was "extremely helpful," Sizemore said.
    GBI agents and a Georgia State Patrol helicopter also helped look for Bywater.
    Authorities do not believe there was a link between the Bywater case and Gary Michael Hilton, a 61-year-old drifter who police say kidnapped and killed University of Georgia graduate Meredith Emerson earlier this month while she hiked in the North Georgia woods. They have not completely ruled out such a link, though.~~snip

More at link above for Athens Banner Herald.
    Thanks for keeping us up to date
    on Cayle, I guess she just walked in the lake after she threw her glasses out by the trashcan!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KR2tonenow For This Useful Post:

What a sad ending. I'm glad they at least found her.

Prayers for Cayle and her family and friends.

fran

Yes, I am glad they found her and sad it was such an ending. Now hopefully they will take some initiative to work her case and find out what happened to her.

According to that report, my guess is that the FBI or GBI came in and decided they need to redo the work of that PD. Good thing they second guessed em.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

(snip)
    Officials with Athens-Clarke Police said the state crime lab determined Bywater drowned.

Investigators are still awaiting results of a toxicology test. They say foul play is not suspected.

http://www.wxia.com/news/article_new...storyid=109455

Well, she was found in the water in a pond..but if she could swim, then I think someone helped her drown. Her glasses were found in the bushes which tome suggests a struggle took place. Who knows Hilton could have tried to take her for money or a bank card..finding neither he drowned her in the pond. Far fetched, yes..but stranger things have happened.

It appears to me her dog got loose while she was involved with the computer. She realized this and went to go get the dog. First thinking she would take the car, that's why her ID and wallet were there, then instead deciding to check the park on foot. Someone intercepted her and murdered her...people just don't drown in a pond on their own in the middle of January anywhere. I hope LE doesn't just write this off like it was a summer day, she went swimming and drowned. In my opinion that's not the case here.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DeltaDawn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDawn View Post
    people just don't drown in a pond on their own in the middle of January anywhere. I hope LE doesn't just write this off like it was a summer day, she went swimming and drowned. In my opinion that's not the case here.
    I totally agree!!!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Angie4b1g View Post
    I totally agree!!!
    Like I said, she just walked into the water and drowned...sounds pretty weak.

I wish they would look for more evidence.

Her mother issued a statement yesterday that she was confused, paraphraising, "why were her glasses over here, but she was in a pond over there?"

That's the question I have.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Also I saw some video of the search and the pond is shallow for at least a short distance in. No ice that I could see. We have people here drown all the time going after their dogs on iced over water. But it hasn't been that cold in Georgia has it?

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Also I saw some video of the search and the pond is shallow for at least a short distance in. No ice that I could see. We have people here drown all the time going after their dogs on iced over water. But it hasn't been that cold in Georgia has it?
    Since Cayle disappeared we have had one cold spell where it was getting down into the teens, but mostly we have been having absolutely gorgeous, perfect weather. We were out in short sleeves all this week enjoying the sunny skies and temps in the mid 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    Since Cayle disappeared we have had one cold spell where it was getting down into the teens, but mostly we have been having absolutely gorgeous, perfect weather. We were out in short sleeves all this week enjoying the sunny skies and temps in the mid 60s.
    Just what I thought. There was no way the pond froze over to allow Cayle to get into the deep part. Which brings me to my next questions. How deep is that pond? How far away were her glasses found?

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Just what I thought. There was no way the pond froze over to allow Cayle to get into the deep part. Which brings me to my next questions. How deep is that pond? How far away were her glasses found?

Earlier today, I talked with my cousin and with my son and his girlfriend, all of whom have been to Memorial Park in Athens and have seen the bathroom area near where her glasses were found as well as the lake area. I asked if it would be easy or if they thought it probable that Cayle could have just slipped into the lake and drowned. All three said, "No". My cousin went as far as to suggest that the "lake" which she would refer to as really more of a large pond, probably was not even deep enough to be over waist deep at its deepest point. (her opinion)

If I remember correctly it was from reports from Cayle's website and online in the Athen's Banner Herald which suggested that relatives felt that, due to her Bipolar, maybe she could have become disoriented.

Look at the photograph of Cayle at the park with her dog, on her website, (link in an earlier post above) taken the day she went missing. There is an 'out of kilter look' or unusual body position as if she was startled or being pulled forward suddenly by her dog on the leash. It could have been simply a bad candid photo showing her in the background, or she was having issues with disorientation or possibly an unruly, un trained dog was leading her around the park, not the other way around.

At best, all of the above is based on only on opinion, which as we all know, everyone has one, so I'm not sure how valid it is.

Great info Angelwings. The photos of the divers indicate that they were able to stand up in the pond. The photo of Cayle is interesting for a couple of reasons. It shows the weather isn't bad. Cayle does look to be alarmed or in motion. She was in a playground. I highly doubt that playground is by the pond. Not sure yet where I'm going with that thought.

If Cayle was lucid enough to find her dog and put it on a leash. Then she was probably lucid enough not to wander into a pond, IMO. Very cute dog, BTW.

Another thought about the GMH connection. We know a misbehaving dog, especially one running loose, would be enough to cause GMH to react violently.

I think at this point, we shouldn't necessarily rule him out on this case. Until it's proven he was in a 'different' county at the time, IMHO, he's still suspect for this case.

Look how many counties he traveled with Meredith!

JMHO
    fran

18. The Following User Says Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

I don't think they should rule him out too soon either, but I understand why it looks unlikely that GMH killed Cayle. There are witnesses coming out of the woodwork who have seen GMH on the trails and near other crime locations, but not one yet who saw him near Athens.

Also, I would find it hard to believe that he could do a "soft kill" with Cayle when he was mentally in a place where he had just finished murdering and dismembering Cheryl Dunlap and only two days before he did the same to Meredith.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news...cxntlid=inform

"Investigators don't see any connection because there's no evidence that Hilton has been in Athens and there's no evidence of violence to her body," Clarke County coroner Bobby Tribble said. "There are no obvious signs of trauma."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast