1112 users online (189 members and 923 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 178
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains
    Posts
    4,182

    NC license plate stolen from Brevard NC car

    http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pb...EWS01/80114096




    Today Transylvania County investigators are going to Georgia to talk to Hilton.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    23
    Hilton van tied to Transylvania

    <snipped>

    Mahoney confirmed that the van was stolen, but would not comment on who the van or plate was registered to in Transylvania County.

    "Until we approached the people about the tag, they didn't know the van was even missing," Mahoney said of the van's owners.

    When asked if the stolen car with local tags was enough to link Hilton to the area and the Bryant murder, Mahoney said it was not.

    "That in itself is not enough," he said. "Someone else could have stolen the vehicle and later been stolen by Hilton. The tag is a small piece in the big picture. We are working to put it all together to sure up our timeline and place Hilton in our county."

    http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/...o_Transylvania

  3. #18
    Wow..so now we know the van was stolen..wonder what Hilton liked about the Ford Astro Vans..he had two, both white....I wonder if the other one is also stolen? And how do people not know they are missing a van? They didn't know it was stolen, hadn't reported it stolen...yet both vans are fairly new wasn't one a 2002 and the other a 2005 model?
    So if the van was never reported stolen that is how he could register it in GA without the vin number showing up as a reported stolen vehicle...hm..

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    26
    IMO it may be another case of media errors concerning this case. I have seen quite a few errors in their stories regarding this case (even so far as reporting Hiltons van as Emerson's van). They may have meant to say van plates not "van" as being stolen.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,761
    http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pb...EWS01/80114096

    From what it sounds like in this article, Hilton (or someone) stole the plates off a vehicle that was probably sitting in a repair garage lot or the like. The plates came off a vehicle that wasn't on the real owners' property. I'm glad to hear the real owners of the plates are okay.

    IMO, for Hilton to be able to get out to NC, my guess would be he already had a vehicle to drive out there. After that, he stole some plates off another. The best place for plates to take without having them noticed quickly would be from a repair garage with cars in the lot that needed fixing.
    Given his criminal history, i do wonder if he stole some cars also. In that one atm video (not sure offhand which case) there was a pickup truck in the camo wrap in the background. If it was Hilton, maybe he stole that. I really think this guy has some "home bases" in different areas he frequented; either to stash his souvenirs whether they be plates, victim's belongings. I hope LE are checking into abandoned cabins. There are ones out there, and i'm sure Hilton would find them with his hiking experience.
    It may even be a type of run down cabin in the woods not accessable by a car or vehicle that could be hiked to. (doubtful Hilton has an atv or quad).

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on top of shale bedrock
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pb...EWS01/80114096

    From what it sounds like in this article, Hilton (or someone) stole the plates off a vehicle that was probably sitting in a repair garage lot or the like. The plates came off a vehicle that wasn't on the real owners' property. I'm glad to hear the real owners of the plates are okay.

    IMO, for Hilton to be able to get out to NC, my guess would be he already had a vehicle to drive out there. After that, he stole some plates off another. The best place for plates to take without having them noticed quickly would be from a repair garage with cars in the lot that needed fixing.
    Given his criminal history, i do wonder if he stole some cars also. In that one atm video (not sure offhand which case) there was a pickup truck in the camo wrap in the background. If it was Hilton, maybe he stole that. I really think this guy has some "home bases" in different areas he frequented; either to stash his souvenirs whether they be plates, victim's belongings. I hope LE are checking into abandoned cabins. There are ones out there, and i'm sure Hilton would find them with his hiking experience.
    It may even be a type of run down cabin in the woods not accessable by a car or vehicle that could be hiked to. (doubtful Hilton has an atv or quad).
    Although Hilton has been confronted camping in the open areas of the woods, he may have camped in caves as well. I'm sure he spent more time off trails than on, judging by the amount of time he spent in the parks. Those would be additional areas to search besides cabins. Is the area where the plates were taken adjacent to woods?

  7. #22

    new article on the Bryants


  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    The Transylvania County Sheriff's Office has scheduled a news conference in the John and Irene Bryant case.
    It will be held Wednesday, January 16, at 2:00pm.

    http://www.wspa.com/midatlantic/spa/...1-15-0033.html

  9. #24
    Could someone please give us a report on the news conference since I won't be here?! Please!! I hate to miss this one!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    23
    Sheriff tries to connect Hilton links


    By John Harbin
    Times-News Staff Writer

    BREVARD -- Transylvania County Sheriff David Mahoney will hold a news conference at 2 p.m. today about the murder of Irene Bryant, one day after the department's investigators met with law officers from two other states about suspect Gary Michael Hilton.

    The sheriff said he will make a brief statement but take no questions.

    "The reason I said that was because I know the first question that you will ask and I can't answer that question," Mahoney said.

    It was not clear what Mahoney was referring to but a significant remaining question is what happened to Irene's husband, John, and, if he was killed, where is his body.

    <snipped>

    http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/...t_Hilton_links


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Native New Yorker View Post
    That is so sad. They sound like wonderful people. It's such a shame some monster came along and took them away. They sound like the kind of people anyone would love to know. They lived a wonderful, long life, and had the kind of love we all just dream about. It's just so sad...

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by Native New Yorker View Post
    So Irene Bryant was a vet. I missed that fact previously. Animal lover connection again.

    snip>>>took her doctorate from Washington State College and opened a veterinary practice concentrating on large animals, becoming one of the first women vets in Montana. >>>snip


    Wonder who started the encounter? Hilton or Bryants. Pretty nervy for Hilton to take on two people even if they were older. Poor Irene. Wonder if she bent over to pet the dog and was hit with the baton.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by gardenmom View Post
    I found this on another thread here, I guess this is what I was thinking of. It doesn't sound like him, but you never know.



    skate's 2002
    Appalachian Trail Journal

    First Previous Next Last
    Sunday, March 17, 2002
    Destination: Hiawassee, GA
    Starting Location: Cheese Factory Site
    Today's Miles: 12.70
    Trip Miles: 66.80
    Wow! Actually slept last night. Had to turn my sleeping bag 180 degrees so my head was at the foot of the tent to avoid the incline. I don’t quite have the knack down for selecting the perfect tent spot yet. Rained all night, but broke long enough at 6:30 AM for us to pack up our gear. Today was a body climate control challenge – wind, rain, countered by body heat and sweat had me switching fleece hat to bandana and back, rain jacket on/off, fleece jacket on/off. Finally I gave up and settled for T-shirt drenched in sweat and damp from rain. One of the great features of a thru-hike is the “Great Unknown.” Every day is truly a new day and it is fun to see what unfolds as the day progresses. Hawkeye and I stopped briefly at Tray Mountain Shelter to enjoy the luxury of a latrine and discovered a bag of fresh oranges hanging at the shelter - Trail Magic. Also met – a Vietnam Vet, and his black Lab, Tucker. He is quite the conversationalist. In the course of 15 minutes, he covered the crusades, life on the line at General Motors, the Vietnam War and the 101st Airborne Division, Hanoi Jane, and the Palestinians and Israel! Pickle joined us and we took off for Deep Gap. Walking, walking, walking the AT, walking the AT north, walking the AT north from Georgia to Maine… With that cadence in mind, I climbed the never, never, never ending climb up Kelly Knob. The descent led to the Blue Blaze Trail to Deep Gap Shelter. I reached the shelter first and it was already crowded – Turkey Bacon, Yankee Joe, Eric (Ohio), Tinman and Godiva, and Greg. With more hikers pouring in, it would be a sardine can tonight. I walked back to the water source and met Hawkeye and Pickle. A quick pow-wow and we decided to move on. Boy, did we move! It was 4 PM and we knew if we covered 3.5 miles we could catch a ride to Hiawassee. Hot bath, hotel – enough said. We booked up, over and down those mountains and hit Dick’s Creek Gap in 1.2 hours. I swear we were practically running those ridges. Several cars and trucks passed us at Dick’s Creek before a retired couple pulled over and took us into town (11 miles). The best Trail Angels we’ve met thus far. Hot bath, a real bed, food, glorious food…. Life is good. We’ll take a day tomorrow to do laundry, stock up on food supplies, and plan our next week on the Trail. -skate
    Hi there,

    I did some investigating in the hiker thread. M is not GMH, just so you know.
    Last edited by CW; 02-06-2008 at 10:10 PM. Reason: edited out a name.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Could someone please give us a report on the news conference since I won't be here?! Please!! I hate to miss this one!
    Presser is 10 minutes away and there is no link.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade View Post
    So Irene Bryant was a vet. I missed that fact previously. Animal lover connection again.

    snip>>>took her doctorate from Washington State College and opened a veterinary practice concentrating on large animals, becoming one of the first women vets in Montana. >>>snip


    Wonder who started the encounter? Hilton or Bryants. Pretty nervy for Hilton to take on two people even if they were older. Poor Irene. Wonder if she bent over to pet the dog and was hit with the baton.
    IMO, Dandy was to Hilton as a cast was to Bundy.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. CO Austin Eugene Bryant (7) & Edward Dylan Bryant (9) - Monument CO, 2001/2003
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 03:52 PM
  2. John Bryant autopsy reveals gunshot
    By indigomood in forum Gary M Hilton
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 10:56 AM
  3. Remains Are That of John Bryant *merged threads*
    By ShowerSinger in forum Gary M Hilton
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 05:38 PM
  4. Found Deceased NC - John, 79, & Irene Bryant, 84, Henderson County, Nov 2007
    By hoppyfrog in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 01:53 AM