FL - Ariana Rodriguez-Romero, 4 mos, beaten to death, Winter Haven, 25 Dec 2007

This is so sick. He said he beat her for months. Where was the mother? Why didn't he try again to have a son. Why kill your baby for being a girl. I hope he gets the death penalty. One of my best memories is of my husband holding our DD in the hospital, looking at her. It was like no other love I have ever seen. He loves our son just as much but the love between a father and daughter is different. To bad this man wasn't capable of that.

Ohh, the baby died? :( There's a thread around here about this case already, just FYI.
:( SICK .

Once again where was the mother? This makes me SICK! What a worthless SOB-!!

I really think this man would have beaten any child boy or girl.

This makes no sense, but most crime like this doesn't. Another example of the idea that children are disposable...

Sheesh! Just this week a man in Nashville dropped his 6 week old son on his head because he wanted a daughter! I just don't get it.

I really think this man would have beaten any child boy or girl.

I agree. I think I said something about that on the other thread...that they better be checking all the other kids he has for abuse. This isn't a one-time thing. :behindbar

In some cultures it is a very big deal that a boy is the favored of the sexes. Doesn't mean people go killing off the child of the other sex though. Supposedly at least not in this country.

If he had been beating on that little baby for months how could the mother not be aware?

This is making me so mad. Fox news reported that he would carry the baby around by her arms and spank her for no reason, just out of anger. The mother said she threatened to call the police but he said he would take their 2 year old son and run with him. So he did have a son. This is just sick. The mother seems fearful of him but she should have run with her two children the first chance she got alone or when he was sleeping or something.

IMO, the mother should also have been charged. A simple phone call anonomously to the child protective services would have made all the difference in the world.

Even if it meant that the child would have been taken into their custody and placed in foster care. At least the baby would have been safe from a father who abused her on a daily basis.

In some cultures it is a very big deal that a boy is the favored of the sexes. Doesn't mean people go killing off the child of the other sex though. Supposedly at least not in this country.

But the thing is how do you know? Dr. Michael Baden said when a parent sleeps with an infant there's like a 10 or 20 times greater chance of infant death. The parents are almost NEVER charged in this because it's considered an accident. So, if anyone wants to kill of their baby all they have do is roll over on it till it suffocates and most likely they won't be charged. There are many rollover deaths in America each year so how many of those can you be sure were not intentional?

In China and India they outright kill the baby girl because a son is considered a breadwinner while a daughter is a burden. Usually only the poor do it but it happens many times each year with the poor.

Absolutely the mother should be charged, she failed in every way to protect that innocent baby. This tragedy could have been avoided, she should have just taken the children & LEFT!

Wow... what a (and that's putting it lightly). Someone needs to tell him that it's his own fault he had a daughter. Apparently his "boy" swimmers were sleeping at the time. Jack*ss.

What's wrong with having a girl? My parents had only my sister and I, no boys. So, what did my dad do? Well, we sort of became the "little boys he never had". Both my sister and I became rough and tumble, camping, shooting sports, all the things boys did, but no football. Dad didn't seem to mind having us girls. Made both of us tough and better equipped to face life. Besides, we enjoyed our well rounded childhood. Oh, we also played with dolls, LOL.

But the thing is how do you know? Dr. Michael Baden said when a parent sleeps with an infant there's like a 10 or 20 times greater chance of infant death. The parents are almost NEVER charged in this because it's considered an accident. So, if anyone wants to kill of their baby all they have do is roll over on it till it suffocates and most likely they won't be charged. There are many rollover deaths in America each year so how many of those can you be sure were not intentional?

In China and India they outright kill the baby girl because a son is considered a breadwinner while a daughter is a burden. Usually only the poor do it but it happens many times each year with the poor.

Guess we don't know AMW fan. We had a lady in Philly who smothered quite a few of her children and was never charged until a few years ago. Her name is Marie Noe. They are actually studying her as part of her plea agreement. Nobody ever really knows I guess. Very sad.

How sad is that! I thank God more and more each day that I had a wonderful father who was thrilled to death when I, his only child and a girl, was born.

That man didn't know what he was missing! Most girls, when treated well, turn out to idolize their fathers.

Absolutely the mother should be charged, she failed in every way to protect that innocent baby. This tragedy could have been avoided, she should have just taken the children & LEFT!

:clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back