1158 users online (243 members and 915 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallytowngirl View Post
    It looks like he was wearing John Bryant's coat when he hit the Ducktown ATM... perhaps he thought by wearing the victim's clothes, he'd "pass" as the victim? (plus of course additional stuff like a mask and goggles)
    Here is a detail of the photo of GMH at the Ducktown, TN ATM. Note the unusual 'V' opening toward the neckline design of the jacket and the duct tape. Have any of the Bryant family ID'ed this as their father's jacket? I know a yellow rain jacket has been mentioned, but this jacket is designed like the type kayakers and whitewater rafters wear - though it would work for a hiker I suppose.

Hiker- I googled police yellow jackets after seeing some LE wearing something similar to the jacket shown in your ATM link. The reflective tape is in the same spot. Just found that interesting.

A Florida Grand Jury has indicted Hilton for the murder of Cheryl Dunlap today.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...ge_tab_newstab

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
    A Florida Grand Jury has indicted Hilton for the murder of Cheryl Dunlap today.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...ge_tab_newstab
    Thank you, concernedperson. Personally, I hope they hold off on the death penalty until all of the crimes which the 61 year old Hilton may have committed are brought to trial and prosecuted. It must be somewhat of a relief for Cheryl's family that this is moving forward, and I hope other families also get the opportunity to charge Hilton and seek justice.

Thank you so much for the update. Investigators must have evidence connecting Hilton to Cheryl's murder, or else he is talking.

Thanks, concerned person! Does this now mean that he gets moved to Florida for possible trial, or does it depend on how he decides to plead? He will get a new public defender ( in Florida)..of that I am sure. Glad this is moving along.

Quote Originally Posted by Native New Yorker View Post
    Thanks, concerned person! Does this now mean that he gets moved to Florida for possible trial, or does it depend on how he decides to plead? He will get a new public defender ( in Florida)..of that I am sure. Glad this is moving along.

They haven't decided whether or not to seek the death penalty. I would say that he will be moving to Florida to attend this trial though. I don't think the Florida DA's feel the need or compassion to accept a plea.JMO.

I heard on the radio this morning that Florida is planning on seeking the death penalty, but haven't found any news articles to corroborate.

Tallahassee Democrat article

WCTV (with video)

From the WCTV website:

Gary Michael Hilton is indicted for the following offenses:
    1 Count of Murder – No Bond
    1 Count of Kidnapping – No Bond
    2 Counts of Grand Theft - $25,000 each count
    Leon County Sheriff's Office
    What's the point of a $50,000 bond for the grand theft?

Thanks Tallytowngirl. I am on connectively challenged internet(dial up) and appreciate the links you and the rest of the great posters on the Gary Hilton threads find that would otherwise take me forever to locate.

It seems the vans yielded something after all to move this case to an indictment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallytowngirl View Post
    I heard on the radio this morning that Florida is planning on seeking the death penalty, but haven't found any news articles to corroborate.
    CNN: Florida prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty against Gary Michael Hilton, who already is serving a life sentence in Georgia for killing a young woman he met hiking on New Year's Day.

Ongoing research into Dunlap case

I have been following this board on the Tallahassee Democrat for about a week....very interesting posts.....

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs...allahassee.com

This is a great link NNY! Fascinating! I hope all of the GMH encounters are getting reported to LE.

Quote Originally Posted by Native New Yorker View Post
    I have been following this board on the Tallahassee Democrat for about a week....very interesting posts.....

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs...allahassee.com
    Holy smokes, did you read that article from Greene Publishing that was on the Democrat Crimestoppers blog at the above link? Somebody thinks she saw Hilton accompanied by two men (and Hilton's dog) a few years back, and thinks they were helping Hilton try to get to her...

http://www.greenepublishing.com/archivethirtyseven.html

The article is the second one down: A close encounter with a killer mind.

Sorry, old news... but I hadn't seen it posted here. I got wind of it from Tallahassee Democrat Blog. (I hadn't looked at it in a while! Thanks NNY!!! for posting that link!)

I posted above a quote from a WCTV article:

Gary Michael Hilton is indicted for the following offenses:
    <snip>
    2 Counts of Grand Theft - $25,000 each count
    Turns out one of the counts of grand theft was Cheryl's ATM card, the other was Cheryl's car.

Meggs said the two counts of grand theft were for Hilton’s alleged theft of money with Dunlap’s ATM card and for using her car without her permission. He did not elaborate.
    From Hilton indicted in Florida Murder
    updated 2/29/08

PUBLIC DEFENDERS APPOINTED

Two assistant public defenders have been appointed to represent the man indicted in the December killing of Crawfordville resident Cheryl Dunlap.

Ines Suber, chief of the capital murder division, and Steve Been were appointed to represent Gary Michael Hilton, who is currently in a Georgia prison.

State Attorney Willie Meggs had called for a hearing today, because he said Hilton was not entitled to a public defender until he’d been arraigned and declared indigent...
    http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs...GNEWS/80313010

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast