1297 users online (232 members and 1065 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Hiker, thanks so much for that link....
    looking at what I am surmising is a recent pic of Hilton, I must say that he really, really gives me the creeps...
    if Evil had a face, this would be it....
    sad that his face was the last one seen by so many unfortunate victims.....

This month's Appalachian Trail Conservancy's magazine, AT Journeys, has a 1-page summary-type article on this tragedy. It quotes Winton Porter, owner of Mountain Crossings (the outfitter at foot of Blood Mountain) as saying that he had been trying to have GMH run off for several months. Hilton was living in or near shelters in the area, but authorities told him nothing could be done because Hilton was complying with most regulations.

Unfortunately, this article is not available on-line and the material is copy written so I cannot copy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Native New Yorker View Post
    looking at what I am surmising is a recent pic of Hilton, I must say that he really, really gives me the creeps...
    Yes, Hiker - thanks for the link!

If that's a current picture of Hilton (which it looks like it is), he's looking worse now than he did before... guess being inside a jail and not out in the woods playing his merry little games is getting to him.

ah, shucky darn.

Thanks Hiker... I am looking into requesting the AT Journeys through my extensive library system.
    I think Hilton looks subdued and medicated.

Yes, but he still has evil in his eyes......

You know why? He knows he could get the death penalty in Florida as there is no deal with prosecutors.

It always amazes me, that killers that take the lives of others, whine and cry when there is a chance that their lives will be taken. I know they are cowards but you would think that they would pretend otherwise.

well, you know that Florida just cannot wait to give him the same welcome that they gave to Ted Bundy! I will be very happy when he is taken there....

Hilton wrote in the petition that he is being denied his “constitutional right to due process” and that he is being held “virtually incommunicado” in the Diagnostic and Classification Prison in Jackson, Ga. He said he has not been given a copy of the Florida arrest warrant.

“I have no access to the telephone, the Internet and very little U.S. mail,” he said in the handwritten petition. “The postage stamp and envelope that I am using to mail this was given to me by another inmate. I am being held so closely that it was only today, April 16, that I was able obtain the mailing address of this court, and I’m not really sure that it is the correct address. This means it took me 13 days just to get this court’s possible address.”

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll...NTPAGECAROUSEL

Hilton wrote in the petition that he is being denied his “constitutional right to due process” and that he is being held “virtually incommunicado” in the Diagnostic and Classification Prison in Jackson, Ga. He said he has not been given a copy of the Florida arrest warrant.

“I have no access to the telephone, the Internet and very little U.S. mail,” he said in the handwritten petition. “The postage stamp and envelope that I am using to mail this was given to me by another inmate. I am being held so closely that it was only today, April 16, that I was able obtain the mailing address of this court, and I’m not really sure that it is the correct address. This means it took me 13 days just to get this court’s possible address.”

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll...NTPAGECAROUSEL

I'm wondering who would write him. Why should he have internet access? Does he think he is on vacation? Prison's do not provide stamps and envelopes. They don't even provide soap, toothpaste, or a toothbrush. At least prisons in my state don't, my brother was in prison for a year.

It was announced in my local paper yesterday (NC) that Fla is seeking the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by MCDRAW View Post
    I'm wondering who would write him. Why should he have internet access? Does he think he is on vacation? Prison's do not provide stamps and envelopes. They don't even provide soap, toothpaste, or a toothbrush. At least prisons in my state don't, my brother was in prison for a year.
    I've hiked the woods near where they found Cheryl. To my recollection, there isn't any internet access there, either, so I don't think he's missing out on anything.

As for who would write him - even the worst of the worst of offenders often have family who love them dearly.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/ajc/hilton.pdf

TEXT of Hilton's motion....

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast