1352 users online (247 members and 1105 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    I've hiked the woods near where they found Cheryl. To my recollection, there isn't any internet access there, either, so I don't think he's missing out on anything.

As for who would write him - even the worst of the worst of offenders often have family who love them dearly.

Sure they have family that love them. I love my brother, even if he hasn't made the best choices. I just haven't heard anything about any of Hilton's family. I assumed he didn't have any family left.

Quote Originally Posted by MCDRAW View Post
    It always amazes me, that killers that take the lives of others, whine and cry when there is a chance that their lives will be taken. I know they are cowards but you would think that they would pretend otherwise.
    I really don't understand why he's whining and crying about everything. After all, they did let him wear a bullet-proof vest to court!

fran

PS........what a POS!

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    I really don't understand why he's whining and crying about everything. After all, they did let him wear a bullet-proof vest to court!

fran

PS........what a POS!

Your right! The bullet-proof vest comment cracked me up!

Hilton to be heard by judge in extradition hearing

By Nic Corbett • DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITER • May 2, 2008
    This morning may be Gary Michael Hilton’s last chance to fight extradition to Florida
    Not much more than that - just a heads up that there'll be more to follow.

Last edited by Native New Yorker; 05-02-2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason: bad link

phooey.

Gary Hilton has 30 days to appeal extradition order

but if the appeal doesn't work, he's being sent to Florida - woo hoo.

Judge orders Gary Hilton extradited to Florida

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post

fran

PS........what a POS!
    There was one courtroom picture I saw where it did look like he was wearing one. Are you joking? Or was that really a bullet proof vest?

Yeah, really was a bullet proof vest.

Thing is, I'm perfectly ok w/ Hilton staying alive - at least for a while. If he's alive, he can tell us where the bodies are buried. Otherwise, we'll never know.

If Florida seeks the Death Penalty (which I believe is the case), there's a whole lot of potential for bargaining. Don't know whether that's what they're thinking...

He'd suffer one helluva lot more in jail for what little is left of his life, than he would being euthanized. He's a loaner, loves the outdoors. He'd never see another tree or dog again, and he'd be surrounded by LOTS of big guys who won't like him. Doesn't that sound sweet?

I just read yesterday that the prosecutor in Florida does plan on pursuing the death penalty in Cheryl's case.

Thanks for verifying the bullet-proof vest comment.

The Leon County Sheriff’s Office is in Georgia and will bring Gary Michael Hilton to Leon County today, said State Attorney Willie Meggs.

from the Tallahassee Democrat

He is on the way to face the death penalty charges against him. The DA said trial would be in a year or so.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metr...ge_tab_newstab

"About 10 a.m. Friday, three cars from Florida pulled off Ga. 36 in Butts County and headed south on I-75 with Hilton in the middle one, Meggs said.
    "We told them to take back roads in case Georgia changed its mind," Meggs said. "We're just making sure we get him here.""

Updated: Sheriff Campbell says it's Florida's turn to prosecute Hilton

The man charged in the December death of Crawfordville resident Cheryl Dunlap was brought to Leon County on Friday despite his attempts to fight extradition from Georgia.

Gary Michael Hilton, 61, arrived about 3:15 p.m. at the Leon County Jail in a white SUV surrounded by three unmarked Leon County Sheriff’s Office vehicles.

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll...1/BREAKINGNEWS

Updated: Judge keeps Gary Hilton in Leon County Jail without bail

Man accused in Cheryl Dunlap's death extradited Friday to Leon County

Leon Circuit Judge Charles Francis presided over the first local court appearance of Gary Michael Hilton, who has been charged with first-degree murder in the December slaying of Cherly Dunlap.

Francis, who was at the jail for Hilton's appearance, set no bail.

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs...WS01/806070327

one baby step closer to finding out evidence leon county has in the case.

lot's of us anxious to know the facts.

the trial could probably fill campbell stadium.... maybe that's a good idea. charge admission to offset expense of prosecution.

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast