Missing 8 mth pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A next door neighbor said he saw Laurean suspiciously take down a chunk of his wooden fence and set it on fire about two weeks ago; this was the same time Lauterbach vanished.
"The whole year and half we've been living here they've never burned anything in their backyard. And now, there's a burn pile in the middle of the yard. Almost 16 days ago, he borrowed my shovel and didn't tell me what it was for. Now, the Sheriff's Department has the shovel," said neighbor Richard Alander

http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=7611007&nav=menu157_1
more at link

My local news just showed a helicopter shot of what I guess is the back yard. I think this guy must have lived way out in the woods or something. I just checked the website and the video is not up yet. It was WVBT fox 43 but WAVY TV 10 owns 43 so I'm not sure which one it will show up on.

A next door neighbor said he saw Laurean suspiciously take down a chunk of his wooden fence and set it on fire about two weeks ago; this was the same time Lauterbach vanished.
"The whole year and half we've been living here they've never burned anything in their backyard. And now, there's a burn pile in the middle of the yard. Almost 16 days ago, he borrowed my shovel and didn't tell me what it was for. Now, the Sheriff's Department has the shovel," said neighbor Richard Alander

http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=7611007&nav=menu157_1
more at link

From that link:

It is believed that Laurean, his wife, and their 2-year-old child left town.

???? I thought the police are in contact with his wife and she is cooperating? And they had a child???

His wife had to suspect something... no?

From that link:

???? I thought the police are in contact with his wife and she is cooperating? And they had a child???
Confused me as well. :confused:

Well, the house is a crime scene, so there is no way that her and the child could stay there... perhaps she has left town to be with relatives.

I doubt we will hear anything else until morning, so I am off to bed. See yall in the am.

From that link:

More proof that you can't believe every bit of 'news' reported. It was the neighbors who thought the wife had left with the husband. Of course she wasn't out and about, she was talking to the POLICE.

JMHO
fran

oh that, is possible, just the way it was worded, sounded like they left together!!!

More proof that you can't believe every bit of 'news' reported. It was the neighbors who thought the wife had left with the husband. Of course she wasn't out and about, she was talking to the POLICE.

JMHO
fran

no doubt. Could have been a lot more clear if they said "Neighbors believe...." instead of "it is believed ...".

Fran, I am standing pat in my belief that the Wife HAD to know something. It seemed like Greta was suspicious of that as well.

Remember someone posted what we think is his myspace, there was a child in the defalt pic, around two. I wondered if it was his... makes this even worse IMO - how can you do this when you have already experienced the miracle of one childs birth.

Keep going back to him talking about how bizzar this is going to be and how he wouldnt confirm anything to Greta about the baby.

What about the wife? Would she not have been upset at another woman having her husband's child? Would it not be possible that the problem started between the two women?...........I'm just wondering....

This is the worst of the worst for a mother to be carrying a almost newborn.
The wife has to be starred to death, as for herself and child is next.
Omg, don't have a good feeling about this.

By MIKE BAKER, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
JACKSONVILLE, N.C. - Authorities said Friday they believe they found the shallow grave of a pregnant Marine in the back yard of a comrade she accused of rape, along with evidence inside his home that suggested she had been killed.

Investigators are treating the case as a homicide, said Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown. But the prime suspect left a note insisting Lance Cpl. Maria Frances Lauterbach had killed herself, Brown said.

After some slight digging in a fire pit discovered in the yard of Marine Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean, detectives found what "appeared to be burnt human remains," Onslow County District Attorney Dewey Hudson said Friday night.

"We think we have found what will (contain) the skeletal remains of Maria Lauterbach," Hudson said. Authorities placed a tarp and two white tents over the area and planned to begin slowly scraping the earth with garden tools Saturday morning. more at link:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080112/ap_on_re_us/missing_marine

By MIKE BAKER, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 24 minutes ago

"We think we have found what will (contain) the skeletal remains of Maria Lauterbach," Hudson said. Authorities placed a tarp and two white tents over the area and planned to begin slowly scraping the earth with garden tools Saturday morning. more link:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080112/ap_on_re_us/missing_marine[/quote

Remember yesterday the keystone cops said they didn't have a picture of him.

Well click on link, then click to inlarge the picture to your left..reads date of picture...1-8-08.:bang::doh:
Ok, someone just took the marines picture down.(I went back to recheck the link to see if it still worked)..........I don't believe it.

Now it's up again...I made a cope of it....

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/...x=180&y=116&q=85&sig=3KT5S7FmR8cy8kApTBnmUg--

The bottom last link are of three men on their way to a hearing on another matter. This is not the pic of the suspect, are these also involved or representing the suspect? Or is this just an additional story and link provided on left side of web page where the first link came up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627