795 users online (82 members and 713 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Thanks, I blew both links up and couldn't get anything beyond the glare on either pair. Definitely there, but not clear enough to see what type of goggles or glasses they are.

I am curious as to what those papers were that he was rattling around when the officer first arrived.

(snip)
    And Gary Michael Hilton, the 61-year-old man accused of killing Buford hiker Meredith Emerson and a suspect in the beating deaths of two other females, generally did not like women, his onetime landlord said.
    "He was a weird character," said Chris C. Johnson, who rented a room to Hilton for several months in 1995 in the Marietta area. "I remember him referring to women very negatively. He kind of had a real bad, negative attitude against everyone. He really didn't like anyone ... women specifically."

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...lton_0113.html

Well Reannan you didn't know? He was conducting maneuvers! Those were his special high security clearance maneuver papers.. No really I believe it was a map of some sort...

Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    I am curious as to what those papers were that he was rattling around when the officer first arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Go back and read his scenario.

1. Male
    2. Water
    3. trash bags
    4. Car back
    5. No money involved.

Where does this coincide with Hilton and other cases?!
    i watched Body of Evidence last night, & Dayle Hinman (well known criminal profiler in FL) said that serial killers have been known to change their MO, to throw off LE....i thought this was interesting, & really makes the whole serial killer thing even more scary..

"He used to carry a gun because, he said, there's "a lot of crazy things going on in the world."

Link:

Is there anyway they can find out what type of gun it was? Levi Frady was shot.. maybe we can link him through more killings. He may have started off just shooting his victims.

Close Enough, you are right, their MO's evolve. Either as they get more secure in their killings, or to throw off LE.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    "He used to carry a gun because, he said, there's "a lot of crazy things going on in the world."

Link:

Is there anyway they can find out what type of gun it was? Levi Frady was shot.. maybe we can link him through more killings. He may have started off just shooting his victims.

Close Enough, you are right, their MO's evolve. Either as they get more secure in their killings, or to throw off LE.

I don't think all states you have to register a firearm.
    New you have to in Illinois, used no...

I doubt he would have a legal gun. It would come down to if any witnesses saw him flaunting a gun (showing off to "friends" etc) and they remembered the make of it.

I was thinking that Hilton was seen at the spot were Meredith and Ella were hiking again Weds morning. He had to have been keeping her somewhere during that time. He probably came back to try and find his baton and sunglasses he lost prior while abducting Meredith. He didn't know they had been turned in. During that time he had to have been keeping Meredith somewhere. I wonder if he has a few choice cabins he squats at while in different areas.
    If he threw out trash bags, sleeping bags, backpacks, i'm sure he must have keep some kind of souvenirs. I wonder if he has a cabin somewhere that he's hoarding more souvenirs at. It would be stupid of him to carry all of them around with him. Maybe what he threw out was from his latest spree. There has to be more killings before that and he's probably got items from those hoarded somewhere as well.

I have followed the Meredith Emerson case locally but not here on WS. I do believe that Hilton has been killing for years.

Can someone tell me - has any information been released as to why he kept Meredith alive for 3 days? Was she sexually assaulted? If not for sexual reason - any other theories?

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    I have followed the Meredith Emerson case locally but not here on WS. I do believe that Hilton has been killing for years.

Can someone tell me - has any information been released as to why he kept Meredith alive for 3 days? Was she sexually assaulted? If not for sexual reason - any other theories?
    Information regarding sexual assault has not been released yet.

My personal theory is that he kept his (recent) victims alive either long enough to ensure that the pin number they gave him was correct (since I believe he couldn't withdraw money from Meredith's account, my theory is that she was giving him the wrong number) or if the daily withdrawls were successful, the police would think the missing person was not really abducted and would not search for them. Because he couldn't access Meredith's account, this resulted in his urgently needing the money from his former girlfriend and/or Tabor.

My theory is that these recent abductions were for money, or at a minimum, he realized he could also profit from what he was already going to do.

I'll be intersted in knowing what the motive for keeping his victims alive for days. The below quote from AMW regarding Michael Scot Louis unhinges me. Where was he and who kept him alive for over a week?
    http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=51630

Who killed Michael and who mutilated his body? If he'd been missing since November 21, what transpired between then and December 6, when his remains were discovered?
    Police say the time of death had been determined as 2-7 days before Michael's remains were found. That means there is a period of time where Michael may have been alive but unaccounted for. And investigators say his cell phone was active for some time after Michael was last seen. The mystery grew, and then another piece of the puzzle was discovered, adding more questions to the investigation.

I read about Michael's story last week...he looked like such a nice kind hearted guy...breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    I'll be intersted in knowing what the motive for keeping his victims alive for days. The below quote from AMW regarding Michael Scot Louis unhinges me. Where was he and who kept him alive for over a week?
    http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=51630

Who killed Michael and who mutilated his body? If he'd been missing since November 21, what transpired between then and December 6, when his remains were discovered?
    Police say the time of death had been determined as 2-7 days before Michael's remains were found. That means there is a period of time where Michael may have been alive but unaccounted for. And investigators say his cell phone was active for some time after Michael was last seen. The mystery grew, and then another piece of the puzzle was discovered, adding more questions to the investigation.

I think it is possible that he keeps them alive to torture them slowly to build to his killing them...like foreplay. The pin number could come into play there, but he must have another reason for it as well. If he is as prolific a killer as we are guessing he is already at this point, the actual crime of killing doesn't give him the same thrill as before so he has to up the ante.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Got a question. . . .

I know Hilton worked, but if this guy was a transient living that lifestyle, where did he get two vehicles? Anyone see anything where VIN numbers on the vans have been run?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by FLMom View Post
    Got a question. . . .

I know Hilton worked, but if this guy was a transient living that lifestyle, where did he get two vehicles? Anyone see anything where VIN numbers on the vans have been run?
    Have no clue, but I would imagine they are older vehicles...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast