Thread: Mason, OH---Couple stabbed, mother & kids die in house fire

Hybrid View

Mason, OH---Couple stabbed, mother & kids die in house fire

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,322273,00.html

Sounds like they might be looking at the husband. I saw this on TV and it looks like the neighborhood where one of my best friends lives...I have emailed her to ask.

Possibly the husband tried to commit suicide after he started the fire and then couldn't follow through and jumped to save himself?

Wonder what the motive was? Was there any family violence known? Doesn't seem like much information has come out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
    Possibly the husband tried to commit suicide after he started the fire and then couldn't follow through and jumped to save himself?

Wonder what the motive was? Was there any family violence known? Doesn't seem like much information has come out yet.
    My friend is supposed to get back to me...she's trying to find out if it happened in her neighborhood/development, which is very large. It looked on the news like the same type of newer, large two-story Colonial home that she lives in and that are prevalent in her area. She'll get the scoop if it was nearby. Mason isn't very big at all...I was there in Nov. 2006 visiting my friend and it's a very nice, affluent area. It does sound like the husband did this....so awful.

ETA: My friend just sent me the following email and link:

This house is in a neighborhood right up the street from ours.

See link below…

http://www.pulsejournal.com/n/conten...onfireweb.html

The article I read painted the husband, Michael Veilette, as the suspect.

(It's me, Mr. A. Thanks to Tricia & Chicoliving for letting me change ids.)

Well Steve:

Welcome back with your new id! LOL

Although I will miss Mr. A.

ah, I see the father was charged!!

He might wish he had died after being in prison! But I call it poetic justice that he suffers every single day!!!!!!!!

I just want to know WHY?????????????

englishleigh, one of my nephews lives in Mason. I did a search from his address at 5575 Glen Oak to where the murders and fire took place. It's 2 3/4 of a mile from his house. Wow, I may have to call him.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnGoddess View Post
    englishleigh, one of my nephews lives in Mason. I did a search from his address at 5575 Glen Oak to where the murders and fire took place. It's 2 3/4 of a mile from his house. Wow, I may have to call him.
    Yikes!!! Yes, call him!! My friend lives 1/4 of a mile from this. She said she is amazed she didn't hear the sirens last night.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I think the 3 juveniles who were taken to the hospital must have been able to point their finger at the father.

Husband Charged

Police have now charged the husband, Michael Veilette. BTW, Hi Mr. A, I mean Mr. Huff.http://www.miamiherald.com/889/story/376644.html

Hubby hung himself in his cell.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351339,00.html

Saved the taxpayers a lot of money.