1142 users online (272 members and 870 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Does anyone think there could be some kind of link to the Caledonia Jane Doe? She was found murdered in NY in 1979, she was wearing a jacket that may have some connection to racing, and, because of her tanned complexion (in November) and frosted hairstyle, there's a belief that she may have been from somewhere other than NY. Investigators took pollen samples from her clothing and it could have come from only four places, south Florida, Mexico, Arizona, and California. It's also been suggested that there may be some kind of connection to drugs. Racing, Drugs, Florida, it makes me wonder if there's some kind of connection between the two cases.

I don't know if anyone ever reads Brian's Predictions but I think this may be a possible lead. Someone requested a reading from Brian (Brian hasn't responded yet with a prediction, this is purely information) about a man named Jock from Vancouver BC. The dates sort of match but I don't know if this person has been ruled out as a possibility:

I would like to request a reading for a missing person. His name is John "Jock" Gwynne-Craig, his nickname is Jock, Jock Craig. He was born in N Vancouver BC April 1936 . However at the time of his disappearance he had a united states SS# and lived in Aspen Colorado. He was very athletic and he liked to ski, sail and fly. He disappeared in 1968, he left behind his small baby, his wife, and a business. His sister has not seem or heard from him since. The last know sighting of Jock was in 1978, when a social worker ( that had worked on his wifes case for help after he disappeared) spotted him in the Azores, Also. there is a report from 1978 that police boarded his boat called the "Happy Stars" in the Meditteranian for suspected drug running. He seems a highly unlikely drug runner as he was against that sort of lifestyle. He may have been the skipper of this boat, I think he owned a plane at the time of his disappearace also. He would be 72 yrs old today. His family wants to know what happended to him, it hurts them just not knowing if he is alive or dead. It would help ease their mind just knowing either way.

p.s. I realize there's something about a sighting in 1978, but who knows, right?

I don't know if anyone ever reads Brian's Predictions but I think this may be a possible lead. Someone requested a reading from Brian (Brian hasn't responded yet with a prediction, this is purely information) about a man named Jock from Vancouver BC. The dates sort of match but I don't know if this person has been ruled out as a possibility:
    I googled that name and seen where "Phenolred" posted about that same name on another site. We can check with him/her. Likely has more information on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sable View Post
    Does anyone think there could be some kind of link to the Caledonia Jane Doe? She was found murdered in NY in 1979, she was wearing a jacket that may have some connection to racing, and, because of her tanned complexion (in November) and frosted hairstyle, there's a belief that she may have been from somewhere other than NY. Investigators took pollen samples from her clothing and it could have come from only four places, south Florida, Mexico, Arizona, and California. It's also been suggested that there may be some kind of connection to drugs. Racing, Drugs, Florida, it makes me wonder if there's some kind of connection between the two cases.
    Great Minds think alike.....Yesterday I was reading about her too. I had the thought about getting these two's clothing sampled. I read somewhere else that Texas A&M did the testing.

I also LOVAE the idea Belive posted about the oxygen in the teeth, it indicated where a person has lived its AMAZING!! I would love for these two to get tested for that, at least it would narrow down an area where they lived and we could concentrate in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphra View Post

I would like to request a reading for a missing person. His name is John "Jock" Gwynne-Craig, his nickname is Jock, Jock Craig. He was born in N Vancouver BC April 1936 . However at the time of his disappearance he had a united states SS# and lived in Aspen Colorado. He was very athletic and he liked to ski, sail and fly. He disappeared in 1968, he left behind his small baby, his wife, and a business. His sister has not seem or heard from him since. The last know sighting of Jock was in 1978, when a social worker ( that had worked on his wifes case for help after he disappeared) spotted him in the Azores, Also. there is a report from 1978 that police boarded his boat called the "Happy Stars" in the Meditteranian for suspected drug running. He seems a highly unlikely drug runner as he was against that sort of lifestyle. He may have been the skipper of this boat, I think he owned a plane at the time of his disappearace also. He would be 72 yrs old today. His family wants to know what happended to him, it hurts them just not knowing if he is alive or dead. It would help ease their mind just knowing either way.

Good find However, it was ME that sent this request to Brian....AND I am HAPPY to SAY THAT JOCK has be FOUND ALIVE AND WELL...he and his sister and his son are now working on mending their relationship....

I found that Jock while searching for a match to the male doe, when I saw the posting from his sister I was SO SURE it was our Doe but after she sent me pics etc it was NOT HIM, and really strange side note Jock was found VERY soon after I posted that request to Brian, I have seen emailed him to say Jock has been found.

Quote Originally Posted by Sable View Post
    She was also wearing the same kind of jewerly as Jane, turquouise. Indian looking

Ok now Im really freaking out... Another thread that I posted on yesterday, there are now talking about a racing connection. I NEVER mentioned it or even thought about it in that case.

Here is a link to the thread in Cold Cases under Bradford Photo. He was a serial killer

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60531

here are some of the post
    Funny, when I viewed the pic and the wall, the first thing I thought was it had something to do with auto racing. Then I clicked on the link and it mentioned that Bradford picked up girls at race tracks. What do you think? Daytona? Never been there but I'm wondering... its in Florida where Suzanne's sister disappeared, where Bradford was said to be at some point in time. Just a thought.
    Hi
    I thought of auto racing too.Is there a race track in California?There is also a race track in Miami Florida where Rosario Gonzales came up missing in 1984. possible Christopher Bernard Wilder (serial killer)victim.Bradford sounds alot like Wilder to me.I wonder if they knew each other.Where all in Florida and what years was Bradford said to be in Florida?

here is a link to a poster of people they are trying to identify from pics found on the serial killer he was a photographer, do any of these people look like our UID Jock & JANE DOE???

http://lacountymurders.com/wanted/Br...8-3100-444.pdf

Phenol, can you link me to where Believe posted about the oxygen in the teeth? I am wondering if those that live near cleaner air have more oxygen in their teeth. One time i had a friend come from Nevada to visit me at a home in NY and she was literally coughing up phlem that was black, as if she was in a coal mine. I think her lungs were not used to NY air.

Here is it

I did a copy paste from the Benjaman Kyle thread regarding a new technology that can narrow down the physical locations where someone lived. This was posted by Gina M today, and first raised by cubby-

"That info about the study of the oxygen in the teeth is fascinating! I went and read up on it...here are a few links for anyone who's interested:
    http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=85576
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...tab01_la yout

The guy who is working on these studies:
    http://www.science.mcmaster.ca/geo/f...rcz/index.html
    http://www.science.mcmaster.ca/geo/f...rch/index.html

Looks like it is called trace element geochemistry. "Schwarcz said bones collect oxygen isotopes that act as geographic markers throughout a person's life." "

I wonder if the researcher would be interested in trying to use this for this case-thoughts?

I looked thru these pics found with the serial killer here are the ones I think Could look like Jane Doe
    #31 # 65 #70 #71

Any thoughts?
    http://lacountymurders.com/wanted/Br...8-3100-444.pdf

I don't know about the air/oxygen test, but they also can do a test on bones that determine where they grew up/were from based on the water they drank. Apparently the minerals/chemicals in the water are different in different places and they can scan the bones to detect what levels are in it and link it to a certain place or area.

I've seen on here and Doe Network about them using water tests (especially near the Mexican border) to determine country of origin -- If they were international this might work.

I just thought of something and I will have to go back to the old thread and see who posted about contacting the watch people.

They had asked these people about the serial number, etc, so I thought maybe we should look for a serial number that is very close to the one on John Does watch, I would think they would be in number sequence and maybe we could find someone who ownes a watch will a closley matching serial number and we can ask them where they bought it. It would make sense that they would send watches with serial numbers in sequence to the approximate same area.

Ok I found the info it was Marie

the serial number is H918803 So Im thinking look for Serial number H918804 H918802 etc as just see where they bought them because from watch the watch expert guy said was that most of the ones he has worked on have been ones that were originals kept in the family etc here is the info Marie posted

I'm afraid that the serial number contains no useful information. This is thanks to the lack of foresight on the part of Bulova when they trashed virtually everything associated with early Accutron watches.
    I do keep very good records and a computer search for H918803 turned up nothing. It's my habit to add a dash and then the date code after the serial number on all of my invoices so I tried H918803-M8 but again, no luck. I would have been pleased to contribute to your search but unfortunately, I have nothing for you.

More about the watch
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    More from the gentleman I emailed about the watch:
    The Accutron watch was a high tech instrument in its day. It had a connection to the space program and was very popular with young people. It was cool, and relatively expensive starting at $125. Most of the ones that I repair were originally gifts from parents, wives, or friends.
    Bulova was a world class manufacturer at the time, with manufacturing facilities in New York and Switzerland. Components were made in Germany and elsewhere in Europe. The total number of watches made during the 17 years of production (1960 to 1977) has been variously put at anywhere between 17 and 24 million.
    They were marketed everywhere and sold with a sizeable discount to GI's at military PX's all over the world.

Finally, when an old watch is opened to reveal the works, you can often find the initials and date of the various repairers who had worked on it scratched somewhere on the case or movement.

It makes a lot of sense. However didn't LE say that the company did not maintain records from that long ago.

One idea might be to thoroughly interview the watch company about it's records storage practices from that time. There might be records locked away and forgotten somewhere.

Of course, that's a needle-haystack case evolving from another needle-haystack. But, what else can you do?

Hi all. I'm new to the site and stumbled upon this case which baffles me... so excuse me for not knowing it all as well as you.
    I just cant believe that with todays modern technology and databases they cant find something on at least ONE of them. i also cant believe someone isnt looking for them. unless they gave up a long time ago or there is no one left in their family to look. (ex parents passed on, no siblings)

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast