1221 users online (210 members and 1011 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36
Results 526 to 539 of 539
  1. #526
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    893
    MaryB and JaneI,
    I'm very sorry IF I made you guys feel left-out, it was not my intention, I'm not here to upset anyone.
    At times I do not answer questions, as I have no answers, just an opinion like everyone else..
    I do like reading your thoughts, opinions and research on this case.
    I only read about this sad case about a month ago, for the first time, and was very disturbed with what I read.
    I believe there is people still in the Sheriffs dept that was an investigator in 1976.....correct me if I'm wrong...

    I was especially sadden to hear Vera was not re-elected...let's hope we hear something about the DNA soon.

    QUOTE:
    That thought haunts Sumter County Coroner Verna Moore and drives her to continue trying to find the answers she needs to solve this puzzle that dates back to Sunday, Aug. 9, 1976.

    "I have not given up on this case,'' said Moore, who was deputy coroner back then. ''The reason I am haunted is, I cannot understand how two young people disappeared from somewhere and that their parents would not be looking for them. This does not make sense to me. Somebody somewhere is missing a son or a daughter.''

    The case also bothers Sumter County Sheriff Tommy Mims, who was an investigator with the sheriff's office at the time.

    ‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..

  2. #527
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary-Beth View Post
    That was me that posted about the neighbors hearing the gunshots, car doors, etc. You replied to the wrong post about that. I asked the exact same question - why didn't neighbors call LE about the car doors, screeching brakes and gunshots? No matter what the time was, they still should have called police. They didn't pinpoint the time, just said it was between midnight and 1:00 a.m.

    The only reason I don't respond to some of the posts is because of the issue of LE. I admit, there were several mistakes made back then but the current LE is working to solve this. I don't think anyone who is on the LE force now was working this case back then so I don't know what happened or why Lonnie Henry was let go. The only current person working the case who was involved in it when it happened, to my knowledge, is Sumter County Coroner Verna Moore. I just don't want to keep dissing LE because of her. I'm not trying to ignore anyone either, but I stay away from those posts regarding LE because I truly don't know what happened in the original investigation. For now, I just want to concentrate on identifying these 2 kids.

    I know how JaneInOz feels though because apart from this thread, my other posts and messages left for "friends" on WS are ignored and it's not a nice feeling......
    MaryB,
    I know what you are saying, but I can't force myself to overlook the fact that LE are public servants paid by the taxpayers to protect the innocent as well as prosecute the guilty...and do their job to the best of their ability or step down.
    isn't there a chain of command to make sure investigations and arrest are handled properly?

    I can't overlook questions as to, why did the chain of command 'drop the ball' after the murder weapon was found?

    Quote: Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.”

    With todays technology, I can only hope, we find the identities of these two people and answers to some of our questions.

    Quote: If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. .....~Eldridge Cleaver ~

    ‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..

  3. #528
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    dirty south
    Posts
    289
    I agree they could have been shot somewhere else because of the lack of blood, however, I wonder sometimes that we don't have the whole report. Maybe there was plenty of blood there. You wouldn't be able to see it in those black and white pictures. Jacques heart didn't necessarily have to still be beating to get the trickle from his wound. In moving the body, in turning it over, could cause enough force to eject blood through the vein and through the wound. I think they could have both been dead when they got there, but I think it was more likely they were killed there. After all, the neighbor heard gunshots.

    Which, by the way, I don't know about you guys, but I've heard what I perceive to be gunshots late at night and I don't call the cops. 1) It's late and I'm tired... could be all in my head and 2) could easily be a car backfiring or any number of other things that would make a sound that I could interpret into a gunshot.

    Now, yes, the shots in the neck would have guaranteed death, but why the neck and not the head? Why shoot them once in the back, once in the neck?

    I think they were being followed from the fruit stand. I think someone saw them, maybe even talked to them, knew they were from out of town. I think that someone saw something he wanted. And when they left the fruit stand, he followed them. Or perhaps offered them a ride, shooting them in the van, taking what he wanted, moving them to the embankment, shooting them in the neck and driving off. There would have had to been another person, though, for that to take place. One person can't move two dead weight bodies nearly as quickly as two strong people. I'm a nurse, I pick up paralyzed people all the time. I always have to have help.

    They don't look posed. They look placed.

    I've been reading about the Dirty War. I think it's quite interesting and the similarities are eerie, but I personally think there isn't enough evidence to make a conclusion one way or another. Not just yet.
    nothing seems black when i see your red shoes

  4. #529
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,522
    Thats great Mystery Lover (alls good then) thanks for replying

    Youshoudlhave.... - placed not poised - placed carefully

    obviously wanting them to be found.

    As a warning ? perhaps ?

    But it backfired.

  5. #530
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by youshouldveknown View Post
    I agree they could have been shot somewhere else because of the lack of blood, however,
    I wonder sometimes that we don't have the whole report.
    Maybe there was plenty of blood there. You wouldn't be able to see it in those black and white pictures. Jacques heart didn't necessarily have to still be beating to get the trickle from his wound. In moving the body, in turning it over, could cause enough force to eject blood through the vein and through the wound.
    I think they could have both been dead when they got there, but I think it was more likely they were killed there.
    After all, the neighbor heard gunshots.

    Which, by the way, I don't know about you guys, but I've heard what I perceive to be gunshots late at night and I don't call the cops. 1) It's late and I'm tired... could be all in my head and 2) could easily be a car backfiring or any number of other things that would make a sound that I could interpret into a gunshot.

    Now, yes, the shots in the neck would have guaranteed death, but why the neck and not the head?
    Why shoot them once in the back, once in the neck?

    I think they were being followed from the fruit stand. I think someone saw them, maybe even talked to them, knew they were from out of town.
    I think that someone saw something he wanted.

    And when they left the fruit stand, he followed them. Or perhaps offered them a ride, shooting them in the van, taking what he wanted, moving them to the embankment, shooting them in the neck and driving off.

    There would have had to been another person, though, for that to take place.
    One person can't move two dead weight bodies nearly as quickly as two strong people.
    I'm a nurse, I pick up paralyzed people all the time. I always have to have help.

    They don't look posed. They look placed.

    I've been reading about the Dirty War. I think it's quite interesting and the similarities are eerie, but I personally think there isn't enough evidence to make a conclusion one way or another. Not just yet.....
    Youshould...PLACED is the word I should have used...Yes, they look placed.

    Has anyone heard IF the neighbors heard 2 shots or 6 shots that Sunday night in August?

    I agree, why the neck instead of the back of the head? I suspect a criminal profiler would have the answer to this.
    I also agree, it would have been hard for one person driving to do, alone.

    Did anyone ever see the front and back of the T-shirt the male was wearing when shot ? It would have showed blood and bullet holes, if he was wearing it when shot...

    I suspect there was 2 men, one driving and one shooter.
    It's a possibility the shooter was younger, not much older than the couple and the driver was older, possibly in his 60's....imo

    The killers definitely knew 'something about the couple' and wanted something they had/or owned...

    ‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..

  6. #531
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    dirty south
    Posts
    289
    Jane, it's not obvious whether they wanted the couple found or not. I think what's obvious is that they dropped them off and got the heck out of there. Like I said, the killers probably knew they where drifters, not from the area, and that there wasn't a lot of evidence to connect them together.

    To be honest, either we're not getting honest answers or all of the answers from LE, or I think LE was covering up something. I don't know what, but something's foul in the state of Denmark.
    nothing seems black when i see your red shoes

  7. #532
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,522
    Quote Originally Posted by youshouldveknown View Post
    Jane, it's not obvious whether they wanted the couple found or not. I think what's obvious is that they dropped them off and got the heck out of there. Like I said, the killers probably knew they where drifters, not from the area, and that there wasn't a lot of evidence to connect them together.

    To be honest, either we're not getting honest answers or all of the answers from LE, or I think LE was covering up something. I don't know what, but something's foul in the state of Denmark.

    Why isnt it obvious ?

    Maybe its not obvious to you but in my opinion I think its obvious that whoever killed them wanted them killed otherwise they would have buried them or hidden them out of view.

    If it was a Kill and Dump as such a body being flung out of a car/ute/truck both would not have ended up like they did - so placed..I don't think they were posed.

    I do think they were shot in the back and then whilst The male watched on whilst he was still barely alive they finished off the girl with a shot to the throat and the blast pushed her head up and back.

    He was turned toward her looking and they then finished him off.

    I dont believe they were hitchhiking or drifters, as many reports have stated they were very well kept and groomed and neat and well manicured, not usually something that hitchhikers or drifters have.
    Reports have stated they were staying someone the night before as they were freshly washed
    Maybe they were shot in the back somewhere else and put at the side of the road and finished off ?
    Last edited by JaneInOz; 12-04-2008 at 06:46 PM. Reason: changed word Me to you

  8. #533
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ecosse
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneInOz View Post
    I dont believe they were hitchhiking or drifters, as many reports have stated they were very well kept and groomed and neat and well manicured, not usually something that hitchhikers or drifters have.
    Reports have stated they were staying someone the night before as they were freshly washed
    Maybe they were shot in the back somewhere else and put at the side of the road and finished off ?
    If they had been staying at the KOA, then they probably would have showered there, as these places usually have showering facilities & did even back then. As I pointed out in another post, I stayed in lots of KOAs around the country with my parents in the 70s.
    'Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last.' Dr Samuel Johnson

  9. #534
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneInOz View Post
    Why isnt it obvious ?

    I do think they were shot in the back and then whilst The male watched on whilst he was still barely alive they finished off the girl with a shot to the throat and the blast pushed her head up and back.

    He was turned toward her looking and they then finished him off.

    I dont believe they were hitchhiking or drifters, as many reports have stated they were very well kept and groomed and neat and well manicured, not usually something that hitchhikers or drifters have.

    Reports have stated they were staying someone the night before as they were freshly washed
    Maybe they were shot in the back somewhere else and put at the side of the road and finished off ?....
    JaneI...I totally agree...
    The females shoes tell me, they were not hitchhikers. The couple slept somewhere that Saturday night, that had a bathroom and put on clean cloths.

    It seems the male was alive enough to see the female being shot.

    IF they were first shot in the back, the killer would have been behind then, like in the back seat of the vehicle.
    That tells me the couple was driving or one killer was driving and the other shot the couple....

    I still think the couple could have been at the Fruit Stand or gone back to the KOA when running into these killers or 'targeted' by these killers.
    Where would the couple been on a Sunday evening/night in the Santee/Sumter area in 1976?... Sunday nights are quite...

    I suspect they where at the same place they slept Saturday night, eating fruit or icecream....when the killer approached them.

    Possibly even shot in the back elsewhere (not in a vehicle) and finished-off after being placed on Locklear Road..

    The couple had something, saw something or owned something that the killers wanted bad enough to commit murder.

    Think about this: If 2 men was involved in the kidnapping and murder, thats why L. Henry's lie detector test said HE didn't do the shooting, but was hiding things he KNEW about the murders..

    ‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..

  10. #535
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by youshouldveknown View Post
    Jane, it's not obvious whether they wanted the couple found or not. I think what's obvious is that they dropped them off and got the heck out of there.

    Like I said, the killers probably knew they where drifters, not from the area, and that there wasn't a lot of evidence to connect them together.

    To be honest, either we're not getting honest answers or all of the answers from LE,

    or I think LE was Covering Up something.

    I don't know what, but something's foul in the state of Denmark.....
    Youshouldve... Definitely! ......It's plain as the nose on my face, the good ole boys look after their own!

    After 32 years and most people have died that was involved in this Cold case, there is NO reason to keep the facts and info in this case under lock and key, including autopsies, unless someone is still covering for someone alive...there was NO investigation in this case as early as a year after the murders...if so, by whom?.

    Does the "Freedom of Information" act apply in this case??

    I'm willing to bet a thousand dollars, someone 30 years ago, in LE, knew every answer in this case..

    Common sense tells us, the LE would not have protected or not prosecuted a person like L.H., unless he KNEW 'something' that would ruin someone in authority or power, illegal activities, etc. etc...

    Having the 'smoking gun' , L.H. lying to the lie detector several times, and info. bout the couple staying at the KOA and yet, no following the trail, NO investigation?

    What other explanation is there to arrive at, for the incompetent /lack of doing the job and lack of handling this case by all the 'chain in command'? Cover-up!

    ‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..


  11. #536
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    dirty south
    Posts
    289
    People die with their eyes open all the time. I don't think this indicates he watched her die.

    The way his head is turned could be coincidental, or might have something to do with the land they're laying on. Her head is turned the same way.

    I do think they were picked up out of the van and shot in the throat after being planced on the ground. I don't think there's any evidence to indicate either of them were still consious when they were shot in the throat.
    nothing seems black when i see your red shoes

  12. #537
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,522
    I thought her head was more turned up wards ? his is a definite looking towards her direction.
    Although I see your point about the land slope.
    I still think its entirely possible they could be from the Dirty War

  13. #538
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    dirty south
    Posts
    289
    It is upwards, but it's upwards and to the left.

    I forgot to mention, I don't think they were hitchhiking either. They were travelling, and I think the killer knew this. I'd like to know how they got from the KOA to the fruit stand. If they had a vehicle in which they kept their belongings in, that would make sense. But no vehicle has been recovered. That may be another peice LE doesn't want us to know about, for whatever reason.

    I wonder if they were staying somewhere else the night they died, walked down to the fruit stand and were offered a ride back? Does anyone remember where the fruit stand was located?
    nothing seems black when i see your red shoes

  14. #539
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,387

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36


Similar Threads

  1. Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6
    By christine2448 in forum Mystery couple murdered South Carolina 1976
    Replies: 1417
    Last Post: Yesterday, 08:29 PM
  2. Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #5
    By Richard in forum Mystery couple murdered South Carolina 1976
    Replies: 435
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 10:47 AM
  3. Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #4
    By christine2448 in forum Mystery couple murdered South Carolina 1976
    Replies: 552
    Last Post: 06-27-2009, 07:31 PM
  4. Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #2
    By Richard in forum Mystery couple murdered South Carolina 1976
    Replies: 402
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 06:08 PM
  5. Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #1
    By Richard in forum Mystery couple murdered South Carolina 1976
    Replies: 444
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 03:03 PM

Tags for this Thread