Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #3

here are MORE from the National Post story its the photo Gallary from the story

http://www.nationalpost.com/multimed...html?id=407163

Here is one of the crime scene pics that I was talking about where it looks like the blood is going up and over the opposite way from the way his head is turned

its interesting how the investagators think they were possibly shot in their car or and then it looks like drug out layed by the side of the road and shot again for good measure under the chin....
    Attached Images Attached Images

http://www.theitem.com/apps/pbcs.dll...WS01/997748564

Article published: Aug 9, 2008
    Crime still unsolved
    Identities, closure elusive 32 years after couple’s slaying

Thirty two years ago today, the bodies of a young couple were found lying on the shoulder of Locklair Road, a dirt road between Interstate 95 and S.C. 341, near the Florence County line.

The man and woman, thought to be in their late teens to early 20s, had been shot to death with a .357 Magnum, two bullets to the body and an insurance round under the chin for each.

Young. Attractive. Unknown.

Despite desperate efforts from local law enforcement and Coroner Verna Moore, who worked the scene as deputy coroner, authorities are no closer to solving the mystery than they were on Aug. 9, 1976.

Last edited by christine2448; 08-12-2008 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Copyright violation

awesome story....I just makes me so mad that the tip wasnt followed up on back when they still had records of the people that stayed at the campground. Its like the LE didnt care if they were identified or not....why wouldnt they have JUMPED on that TIP...sounds like it was the ONLY legitimate tip that ever really came in. I wonder if Mr Batsons wife has anymore details she could share.

its like Karma that everytime something came up to get these two identified something would happen to prevent it strange....

I found this it list info from Canada people studying teaching this one is from 1973-1974 they also have other dates.....
    directory of Education studies

http://eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/cus...accno=ED100034

This sixth edition of the "Directory of Education Studies in Canada" lists education studies completed from July 1973 through June 1974. These studies were done by graduate students and staff in university faculties of education, provincial departments of education, school boards, education associations, and other departments. The 1,415 entries are indexed by author and subject and reported in the original language, English or French. Where possible, details concerning the publication of studies are given. Most unpublished studies are available from the source or on interlibrary loan; none is available from the Canadian Education Association office. (Author/DW)

I found this source of information it is a book of Canadas Whos who ...

It list prominent Doctors lawyers etc etc I havent had a chance to thoughrouly search all the F names but I think its worth a shot

http://books.google.com/books?id=1vX...sult#PPA412,M1

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by phenolred View Post

It list prominent Doctors lawyers etc etc I havent had a chance to thoughrouly search all the F names but I think its worth a shot

If his first name was Jacques (i.e. Jock)... perhaps his middle name was Pierre... with another French last name starting with 'F'.

Quote Originally Posted by phenolred View Post

This was undertaken a while back, it was mentioned in the NP story. There is a very narrow group of doctors who would fit the profile of this person's father in terms of being the right age. All the physicians living and around what can be guessed as an age range with "F" last names were contacted with negative results.
    Last edited by rmf; 08-12-2008 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rmf View Post
    This was undertaken a while back, it was mentioned in the NP story. There is a very narrow group of doctors who would fit the profile of this person's father in terms of being the right age. All the physicians living and around what can be guessed as an age range with "F" last names were contacted with negative results.

No possibilities at all? What about in the US?
    Last edited by Fairy1; 08-12-2008 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Another thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Bud View Post
    If his first name was Jacques (i.e. Jock)... perhaps his middle name was Pierre... with another French last name starting with 'F'.
    That's what I thought too...or possibly Paul or Philippe. Normally Paul is a second name for Jean, (Jean-Paul). I didn't realize this but the name Jacques is actually French for the English name James. For some reason I thought Jacques was also French for John, as Jean is. I hope I explained that so it made sense..LOL! It doesn't really mean anything but I was just looking up French names and realized that.
    Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!

www.findbrianshaffer.com

During my searching once I came across some archive site (from Canada) that had yearbooks. However they were not available online. We would need someone IN Canada to look at them in person if anyone is up for it. I will have to find the site.....Post it later

Thanks for taking the time to go out and visit their graves, and for posting the pictures, shadetreePI.
    Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!

www.findbrianshaffer.com

Oh wow HOW COOL....Thanks for posting....Did you get to go to Locklair road where they were found?

Someone had posted somewhere about the feeling of gloom at that spot.

Really cool to see it out of context of the crime pics. So they were found over there on the LEFT hand side of your photo.

From your description it seems like someone would pretty much have to have know where this remote hard to see or be seen place was and knew it had easy access. Or did seem like a place someone could have randomly just pulled off the interstate at?

If you cant see it from the interstate it seems like that would be hard to do...

But the truck driver did pull over there for a rest.

How about neighbors how close were the houses.
    Last edited by phenolred; 08-12-2008 at 03:10 PM. Reason: don't know my right from my left LOL

Great pics shadetree.

Be sure and watermark them so everyone knows they're yours

Here is the info on the Canadian yearbooks.

This is the Glenbow Museum

there is Tons and Tons of information there....Alot of stuff is scanned and viewable others not but it holds alot of information but most of it, it from Western Canada

http://www.glenbow.org/collections/search/
    About the School Yearbooks Catalogue

The School Yearbooks Catalogue contains descriptions of several hundred school yearbooks and other student publications produced in Western Canada, with an emphasis on Calgary and southern Alberta. Although most items in the Library collection have not been scanned, they may be accessed in various ways.

The School Districts Catalogue contains the names, locations, and dates of establishment of over 4600 school districts (primarily rural one-room schools), established in Alberta between 1885 and 1982.

Thank you for Sharing with us the pictures you took. We all know these are Shadtrees, since she posted them and gave the background stories about where she took them....
    Im not gonna borrow them but I appreciate you sharing your story and giving us a first hand account of what its like around the place they were killed and laid to rest.

Great pics shadetree.

Be sure and watermark them so everyone knows they're yours
    Who cares who's pics they are? I see people sharing, reposting pics everywhere in these cases..I have rarely seen any 'marked'. I know on myspace I see the same pics over and over of UIDs, ect, on different people's pages... I thought the idea was to get their pics out there. I have several pages, a website...not one pic is one I have personally taken. Trying to understand your remark.

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    Who cares who's pics they are? I see people sharing, reposting pics everywhere in these cases..I have rarely seen any 'marked'. I know on myspace I see the same pics over and over of UIDs, ect, on different people's pages... I thought the idea was to get their pics out there. I have several pages, a website...not one pic is one I have personally taken. Trying to understand your remark.
    IMO the time and effort that shadetree put into traveling to the crime scene to get those photos should be credited to her, hence my suggestion that she watermark the photos. This however, (again), is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    I have to agree christine2448 ... IMO

As a survivor of murdered family members (my father and stepmother) and in search for justice for their unsolved murders - personally I could care less who posted my murdered family's pic's on their myspace or anywhere... maybe get the case solved for more pps to see the info.. and get the cause out. They can take it right off of photo bucket.

I just feel that the more info out to the masses the best chance of having the crime solved or at the very least 'identified'.

I have Jock on dad and Darleen's myspace as a 'top friend'.

All my best.
    Rosco
    Last edited by Rosco; 08-12-2008 at 04:53 PM. Reason: adding JOCK info with myspace

Thank you for the kudos guys. I don't post often, but I work on this case like mad. Sorry to get a "fight" started. RMF was just trying to be helpful. We all want the same thing here. Lets get back on topic, okay?!

I did think some of you might be interested in actually seeing the graves and the death site the way it is today. I've have that advantage since I live here. I shared because it meant something to me and I thought it would mean something to some of you.
    Obsessed with trying to do the right thing...

IMO the time and effort that shadetree put into traveling to the crime scene to get those photos should be credited to her, hence my suggestion that she watermark the photos. This however, (again), is just my opinion.

Exactly as I thought.

I, personally, am not here for 'credit'...I am here to give them a name and hopefully give closure to family. 'Credit', I don't get that.

Quote Originally Posted by shadetreePI View Post
    Thank you for the kudos guys. I don't post often, but I work on this case like mad. Sorry to get a "fight" started. RMF was just trying to be helpful. We all want the same thing here. Lets get back on topic, okay?!

I did think some of you might be interested in actually seeing the graves and the death site the way it is today. I've have that advantage since I live here. I shared because it meant something to me and I thought it would mean something to some of you.
    Thank you for going, taking the time, and sharing pics. Awesome. I have done a lot of local work for WS and other pages...so rewarding you can be on location and share like you have.

Too much crap, IMO, over some dumb photos I thought I'd share w/you. I'll keep my stuff to myself next time.
    Obsessed with trying to do the right thing...

Exactly as I thought.

I, personally, am not here for 'credit'...I am here to give them a name and hopefully give closure to family. 'Credit', I don't get that
    I think there is a big difference between credit for some pictures being taken and credit for bringing closure to families. Two different things. I dont think too many of us on this forum are looking for credit for that aspect. You take time to take some pictures to share with us, why not get "credit" for it. If you help bring closure to a family...well that is just what we do here.

Too much crap, IMO, over some dumb photos I thought I'd share w/you. I'll keep my stuff to myself next time.
    I think it was great of you to take the time to do this. I would like to see the photos but I dont see them posted anymore.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast