1305 users online (252 members and 1053 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by barb0301 View Post
    mwaaaaaahhhh - big kiss to ya Lion !! I'll read over the whole case and get caught up and then join in more regular. I spend so much of my time trying to find Beloved Doe and on the Riley Ann Sawyers case that I haven't had much time for others. I think it's time I "spread my wings" and you all seem to be a great group to work with.

Thanks so much for the wonderful welcome. I'll stick around.
    Thank you, barb. We have a good group of people here who are doggedly determined and have really big hearts.

I understand what you mean about giving time to certain cases. I am committed to this case and a couple of others, although I read, care and post in many others. It would be great to have you here if you have some time to spare.

Lion

I'm wondering if we should edit the class letter a bit and add the URL to access the 1974 and 1975 yearbook photos. Maybe if those who we send out letters to were to view those photos it might spark something in their minds? Just a thought (I don't have many..LOL).

I think that is a great idea RKnowley! And, we may want to include that there is an updated, more accurate site for Princess on The Doe Network. what are your thoughts about that?

BTW, you have many, many good thoughts. For some time when I was working two full time jobs and traveling back and forth while my mom was ill and then passed away, you were the rock and glue that helped hold this thread together. Other wonderful sleuthers took part and kept at it, but you were consistent and committed in a big way. Thank you so much for all that you do.

Lion

Thank you Lion. I appreciate everything you have done also! Keep up the good work friend.

I have added the URL for Princess Blue's newest doenetwork information to the class alumni letter and will also add the URL for the yearbook photos to the letter also.

So far I think I have found contact information for 12 of the girls that were a junior in at REL-Houston in 1974 and wasn't in the 1975 yearbook as a senior. I sure hope we can track down more than that!

Quote Originally Posted by LionRun View Post
    I think that is a great idea RKnowley! And, we may want to include that there is an updated, more accurate site for Princess on The Doe Network. what are your thoughts about that?

BTW, you have many, many good thoughts. For some time when I was working two full time jobs and traveling back and forth while my mom was ill and then passed away, you were the rock and glue that helped hold this thread together. Other wonderful sleuthers took part and kept at it, but you were consistent and committed in a big way. Thank you so much for all that you do.

Lion

Oh, that it sooo good, RKnowley! And thank you very, very much:blowkiss.

Lion

As many of you are aware DNA comparisions were being ran to determine if Princess Blue was a match for Kimberly Shawn Cheatham. I was contacted by Detective Smith of the Dallas, TX PD and told that the DNA results came back and it was determined that there was no match.

Thank you, RKnowley. Onward to find Princess Blue's identity, and I hope and pray that Kimberly is one day found, too.

Lion

I was sad to hear that it wasn't Kimberly, for her mother's sake, but I'm glad we know for sure. Onward and upward.

sloane is offline "To those who are granted much, much is expected."
    Hi Everyone!!
    Thank you, RKnowley for posting that Cheatham has been formally ruled out as being a match by being compared through DNA. I, too, was disappointed that it didn't turn out to be a match, esp when the facial overlays were so striking. Nice job jaded, for all your work on those! BUT...the good news is that PB's skeletal remains have finally yielded a DNA profile and it was put into CODIS the end of 2007. As most of you know, that means that she has already been compared to all the profiles on file at the Center for Human ID. Now that she's in CODIS, as the cycles run through, she will be compared to EVERY profile there is! This is great and impt. progress...wonderful news and a big "YEA!!" and thanks to the invstgtr's and scientists!! So what this also means is that as we look for possible matches, if the MP write-up states that her DNA is already on file, then it likely isn't a match to PB, or the system would have hit on it already. This is prob the case w/ Teresa BYERS, if the info is correct that says her DNA is avail.
    Thank you to all of you working on solving this mystery,
    Of all sad words of mouth and pen, the saddest are these: It might have been.

sloane is offline "To those who are granted much, much is expected."
    Also, there seemed to be a little speculation on here as to whether PB was ever pregnant or had a child...someone also said something abt the bones not always showing signs of pregnancy or choildbirth, which is true. But sometimes they do. This most recent analysis (in Mar., '07) doesn't make any mention of signs on her bones of such a state, and they do,usually, if they see it. They will caveat it by saying there is a "chance" or a "likelihood" that she carried a pregnancy or bore a child in life, not "for certain," but I've seen them be correct on this in the past once a woman is ID'd and we find out the facts of her life. So my feeling is, PB either never did have a child, or if so, it didn't make itself evident on her bones.
    Does this make sense?
    Of all sad words of mouth and pen, the saddest are these: It might have been.

I'm sorry that I've been busy working and still have not read all the past threads yet. But while discussing the case with somebody over the weekend and mentioning the yearbook they suggested why not try to get in touch with any of the teachers and see if they recall any pregnant students. I don't know if back in '74-'75 they would have been allowed to remain in school, but I'm sure the teachers would have known about it. Has this been considered?

Sloane, welcome back, friend. It is so nice to come on here and read a post (or two) from you! This is excellent news! I am so glad that a DNA profile was obtained from Princess and in turn entered into CODIS!

I will keep searching for possible matches, making a note of who's DNA is reported to be on file and who's is not.

Thank you for explaining further concerning whether or not Princess may or ma not have given birth. It is pretty much what I thought, but it helps to also hear it from you.

Lion

Quote Originally Posted by MsRusty View Post
    I'm sorry that I've been busy working and still have not read all the past threads yet. But while discussing the case with somebody over the weekend and mentioning the yearbook they suggested why not try to get in touch with any of the teachers and see if they recall any pregnant students. I don't know if back in '74-'75 they would have been allowed to remain in school, but I'm sure the teachers would have known about it. Has this been considered?
    MsRusty, no worries. We all have times where we are busy with families, work, and other aspects of our lives. I think your idea is a very good one! We can also simply ask them if they recall any students that might have been Princess on the off chance that Princess was actually one of the students.

Lion

Quote Originally Posted by LionRun View Post
    I will keep searching for possible matches, making a note of who's DNA is reported to be on file and who's is not.
    I think making a note of the DNA status for potential matches is a good idea. I also believe we shouldn't rule possible matches out based on their DNA being entered into CODIS and not matching up with Princess Blue's DNA profile, because (correct me if I'm wrong) there have been cases where the DNA profile for a missing person didn't match up with the DNA profile for a John/Jane Doe, even though it was a match.

I've already started (well, started on it yesterday..lol) on keeping a note of the DNA status of possible matches to Princess Blue.

I am working on a spreadsheet with the possible matches to Princess Blue on it. I am still adding to the spreadsheet and also trying to find out which of the ones listed do have DNA in CODIS.

Here is the link to the spreadsheet http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...xaVr_ASXq5wUFw. If anyone has any other possible matches they would like added to it please just let me know and I'd be more than glad to add them to the sheet. Also, if you know the DNA status of any of the ones listed I'd like to know so that can be added to the spreadsheet.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast