1309 users online (237 members and 1072 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Over on Steve's blog someone commented that last night on Greta Wire someone else posted that "her head was placed on a tree stump" and there was no link. I tired to find the info on Greta wire but that is like wading through peanut butter.

Did anyone else read this or see that quote?

Also if you did, do you know whose head they were referencing since he is now also a suspect in a few other cases? Could they have meant Dunlap's?

Ugh I hate having to write that, but that would be new crucial info...it almost reminds me of the way in Nam during the war they would decapitate and put the heads on posts/poles. Just horrible.

From Steve Huff's True Crime Weblog:

SNIP/
    Oh, dear God. This just came through on Gretawire....

Comment by amy
    January 12th, 2008 at 9:30 pm
    they just reported today that Hilton placed and displayed her head on a stump for someone to find
    Anonymous | 01.13.08 - 10:20 am | #

/SNIP

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDawn View Post
    Over on Steve's blog someone commented that last night on Greta Wire someone else posted that "her head was placed on a tree stump" and there was no link. I tired to find the info on Greta wire but that is like wading through peanut butter.

Did anyone else read this or see that quote?

Also if you did, do you know whose head they were referencing since he is now also a suspect in a few other cases? Could they have meant Dunlap's?

Ugh I hate having to write that, but that would be new crucial info...it almost reminds me of the way in Nam during the war they would decapitate and put the heads on posts/poles. Just horrible.

From Steve Huff's True Crime Weblog:

SNIP/
    Oh, dear God. This just came through on Gretawire....

Comment by amy
    January 12th, 2008 at 9:30 pm
    they just reported today that Hilton placed and displayed her head on a stump for someone to find
    Anonymous | 01.13.08 - 10:20 am | #

/SNIP
    wonder where this was reported?

Was it confirmed that he was really in the military?
    I agree with Fran, that they need to also be checking unsolved cases where the victim was shot. Hilton admitted to carrying a gun in the past, and it's very likely his MO evolved as he got more secure with killing. He may have started out just shooting his victims, then worked on to dismemberment.

The little 11 year old boy comes to mind. The police are checking into that. That occurred 10 years ago and he was shot..and at first I couldn't see the connection. But Now I do. Levi Frady was his name and when he was last seen a large dog was nearby .

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    Was it confirmed that he was really in the military?
    I agree with Fran, that they need to also be checking unsolved cases where the victim was shot. Hilton admitted to carrying a gun in the past, and it's very likely his MO evolved as he got more secure with killing. He may have started out just shooting his victims, then worked on to dismemberment.

They probably shouldn't just be checking shooting victims either. He really could have started out killing any way. I guess there is no way to tell how or when he started killing. I think he is responsible for Levi's death also.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDawn View Post
    The little 11 year old boy comes to mind. The police are checking into that. That occurred 10 years ago and he was shot..and at first I couldn't see the connection. But Now I do. Levi Frady was his name and when he was last seen a large dog was nearby .
    I watched the video of Tabor and he said that when he hired Hilton 10 years ago he had the dog then. He mentioned that Hilton was a dog lover and was looking for an employer that would let him bring the dog to work. I assumed that it was Mack he was talking about.

Is there a timeline of where this guy grew up? And when he was in Miami?

I don't know the dates he lived here, but this is the address I'm finding him at in Miami:
    90 143rd St, Miami FL 33161

Not sure if this is THE Gary Hilton or another one, but there is one who served in the Army, 2nd battalion, 55th air defense artillery in 72-74. That's the only one I found who didn't have a middle initial (all the ones with middle initials were not M), with no location (the other two without middle initials are from AZ and MA). Veteran/Prior Service. From military.com. He would've been age 22-24 at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyhead View Post
    I don't know the dates he lived here, but this is the address I'm finding him at in Miami:
    90 143rd St, Miami FL 33161
    I think that would be 90 NE 143rd St

I think we can rule this out, because it says in one of the articles that he was arrested in 72 for dealing in stolen property in FL.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyhead View Post
    Not sure if this is THE Gary Hilton or another one, but there is one who served in the Army, 2nd battalion, 55th air defense artillery in 72-74. That's the only one I found who didn't have a middle initial (all the ones with middle initials were not M), with no location (the other two without middle initials are from AZ and MA). Veteran/Prior Service. From military.com. He would've been age 22-24 at that time.

It looks like he has that MO of dealing in stolen property still going...it turns out the van was stolen as well as the tags..please read recent posts under the Bryants thread. I don't want to put someone else's post over here without their permission.

New Activity in Florida/Dunlap case

http://tiny.cc/Jf4cV

I just found this article from the Tallahassee Democrat....I wonder if his lawyer will let him talk?

sorry, I just saw that this was already posted yesterday under the Dunlap thread....but I mainly wonder if he will talk...I cannot imagine that the detectives would make the trip without some prior arrangements...
    Hilton must be just loving all this attention....for a man who has been so ignored for most of his life, he must be really enjoying this, I feel. Now he really has power....the power to give information that will solve cases, give families some closure, etc......

If Hilton hadn't had the stress to spur him into his latest killing spree, Lord knows when he would have been caught. He is not one to be underestimated.
    As to whether or not the van itself was stolen, there are discrepancies in the articles. The license tags were stolen for sure.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast