Facts and Opinions Relating to Gary M Hilton Serial Killer???-

angelwngs

Reaction score
A chilling article which looks into the mind of Gary Michael Hilton:

Gary Hilton: Misfit with a mean streak

He went out on hikes with his dog which he had strictly trained.

"He would put food down in front of the dog and the dog wouldn't eat until he told him to do it," Johnson recalled. "He would go to the store and come back and the dog still wouldn't eat until he told it to."

By JEREMY REDMON, JEFFRY SCOTT
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 01/13/08

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/01/12/hilton_0113.html

"He really frightened me," said Burnett, an engineering consultant who lives in north DeKalb. "Creepy, creepy guy. Certainly, you felt like he was about to snap ... Very fragile. Unstable, I would say."
That same year, someone called police from Skyland Park in DeKalb, saying a man was beating a dog. A police report identified the man as Hilton.
Hilton piled up a record of charges in DeKalb County before those encounters. Jail records show Hilton had been charged with theft, stealing a shopping cart, possession of marijuana, hit and run and arson between 1979 and 1995. His record dates to 1972, when he was charged in Miami with dealing in stolen property.
Court records show he pleaded no contest in DeKalb County to seeking donations for the Georgia Youth Sports Project, a fictitious group that was throwing a celebration for a child who set a new athletic record.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/01/12/hilton_0113.html

Jana Tabor said Hilton's behavior had become erratic, and she attributed it to his medication.
"He had self-diagnosed himself as having M.S., and he was going to this quack doctor and he was taking an incredible amount of Ritalin," Jana Tabor said. "He already had one of those upbeat energetic personalities, and that just make it warp speed, made him crazy."

Jana Tabor disputes that Hilton's teeth were rotten.

"They weren't rotten," she said. "He pulled them out himself."

Interesting article. TY Angelwings. What stood out most to me, because it was new info, was that he had previously owned guns, had beaten a dog and had beaten the younger brother of his stepson. Now that we know those things it is possible that over the years his MO changed and he may be linked to other murders.

Another bit of info about the Ritalin....have the be able to figure out who the doctor is that prescribed the Ritalin? Have they questioned this doctor?

I wonder if the dog he beat was his own or someone elses.

Good question gardenmom..or was this the black dog that some people reported seeing him with over the years? And what happened to the black dog..I hope it was taken away from him if it was his.

In the timeline SuzyQ was so nice to put together for us there is a gap between the years of 1979 when he divorced until 1987 when he was arrested in Georgia. Then another gap from 1987 to 1997. I wonder what he was doing then to make a living and where he was living?

It does not surprise me at all that he was an animal abuser as well...the guy decapitated and brutally murdered human beings. He is just completely twisted and they need to send his brain to science after they give him the chair so they can pick it apart!

Ok I am certainly not trying to defend this guy but this statement needs to be cleared up a little

"He would put food down in front of the dog and the dog wouldn't eat until he told him to do it," Johnson recalled. "He would go to the store and come back and the dog still wouldn't eat until he told it to."

This is not uncommon for trained dogs and their owners.
I own 3 dogs and when they eat they are told to sit, their bowls are put down in front of them and they know they can not move until I give them their release word. If the dog is well trained he will not move until you give him their release word.....even if you walk away.
This is not a sign of abuse, but rather of a VERY well trained dog. In fact it would not surprise me if he went to a dog trainer at one point to lean some of this.

There are various ways to train a dog. I agree that a well trained dog can act like that. A dog that has been trained through beatings can also act the same way. My ex brother-n-law had a dog that would do that. He was trained by severe beatings is my understanding. (I never saw him do anything or I would have contacted LE myself) The dog would do ANYTHING that he was told so that he would not get a beating. I hope the dog is taken care of now. Who knows what that poor dog endured in that monsters care :(

Ok I am certainly not trying to defend this guy but this statement needs to be cleared up a little

This is not uncommon for trained dogs and their owners.
I own 3 dogs and when they eat they are told to sit, their bowls are put down in front of them and they know they can not move until I give them their release word. If the dog is well trained he will not move until you give him their release word.....even if you walk away.
This is not a sign of abuse, but rather of a VERY well trained dog. In fact it would not surprise me if he went to a dog trainer at one point to lean some of this.

Great point, Hank. I was thinking the same thing. I have been a professional dog trainer for many years. I have a couple of dogs that do two hour long, solid as a rock down-stays with me out of site, treats on the floor and other distractions. And, I train using positive methods.

That it was reported that GH's dog was commanded to stay with food in front of him while GH left is remarkable, but it was not necessarily due to abusive training or fear that the dog had of breaking position. I did note that it was reported that he, "had beaten a dog", so he may actually have done this.

I know this creep let Meredith's dog live, but this does not mean that he had a true love for dogs, like most of us who love dogs do. People who murder, especially in such a dark, macabre way generally have no conscience and cannot have empathy for others or truly love anyone or anything but themselves. I think he may have a selfish liking or, "love" for dogs only in that he considers them an extension of himself.

Lion

FWIW, IMHO, now that we know Hilton previously had guns, perhaps we should look at unsolved cases where the person was shot. There's plenty of those. While I've been looking for related cases, I stayed away from 'gunshots,' but now I'm thinking perhaps I should re-evaluate them.

There's something that set him off for this most recent 'crime spree.' It seems it was most likely him getting fired and losing a place to live. Who knows, maybe he'd get in these 'spree modes' whenever he had difficulties such as a 'divorce.'

Also, FWIW, I read and heard that him cutting off their head was for 'shock' value.

JMHO
fran

jipc, thank for the link!

Fran, I think that is possible, too. What a twisted, soulless piece of garbage.

Lion

Over on Steve's blog someone commented that last night on Greta Wire someone else posted that "her head was placed on a tree stump" and there was no link. I tired to find the info on Greta wire but that is like wading through peanut butter.

Did anyone else read this or see that quote?

Also if you did, do you know whose head they were referencing since he is now also a suspect in a few other cases? Could they have meant Dunlap's?

Ugh I hate having to write that, but that would be new crucial info...it almost reminds me of the way in Nam during the war they would decapitate and put the heads on posts/poles. Just horrible.

From Steve Huff's True Crime Weblog:

SNIP/
Oh, dear God. This just came through on Gretawire....

Comment by amy
January 12th, 2008 at 9:30 pm
they just reported today that Hilton placed and displayed her head on a stump for someone to find
Anonymous | 01.13.08 - 10:20 am | #

/SNIP

Over on Steve's blog someone commented that last night on Greta Wire someone else posted that "her head was placed on a tree stump" and there was no link. I tired to find the info on Greta wire but that is like wading through peanut butter.

Did anyone else read this or see that quote?

Also if you did, do you know whose head they were referencing since he is now also a suspect in a few other cases? Could they have meant Dunlap's?

Ugh I hate having to write that, but that would be new crucial info...it almost reminds me of the way in Nam during the war they would decapitate and put the heads on posts/poles. Just horrible.

From Steve Huff's True Crime Weblog:

SNIP/
Oh, dear God. This just came through on Gretawire....

Comment by amy
January 12th, 2008 at 9:30 pm
they just reported today that Hilton placed and displayed her head on a stump for someone to find
Anonymous | 01.13.08 - 10:20 am | #

/SNIP

:eek: wonder where this was reported?

Was it confirmed that he was really in the military?
I agree with Fran, that they need to also be checking unsolved cases where the victim was shot. Hilton admitted to carrying a gun in the past, and it's very likely his MO evolved as he got more secure with killing. He may have started out just shooting his victims, then worked on to dismemberment.

The little 11 year old boy comes to mind. The police are checking into that. That occurred 10 years ago and he was shot..and at first I couldn't see the connection. But Now I do. Levi Frady was his name and when he was last seen a large dog was nearby .

Was it confirmed that he was really in the military?
I agree with Fran, that they need to also be checking unsolved cases where the victim was shot. Hilton admitted to carrying a gun in the past, and it's very likely his MO evolved as he got more secure with killing. He may have started out just shooting his victims, then worked on to dismemberment.

They probably shouldn't just be checking shooting victims either. He really could have started out killing any way. I guess there is no way to tell how or when he started killing. I think he is responsible for Levi's death also.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back