VT - Shawna Brown, 13, killed by unlicensed driver, Hancock, 30 July 2007

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
The 18-year-old was driving down the road with only a learners permit.
She reached down on the floor to pick up a cigarette lighter and caused the crash that killed her 13-year-old friend who was her passenger.

So she only has to serve 60 days.

Click here for link

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Hi DS,

That is so sad. She should spend some time in jail; shouldn't have been driving w/out a license. I was going to say the sentence should be doubled actually.

My very dearest Reportertype,:blowkiss:
It is so very nice to see you!

I cannot even imagine how the parents of the 13-year-old think of a 2 month sentence.

Thank-you very much for your post.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

I have to wonder, who was allowing her to have a car to drive? My parents would have never allowed to to take the car with just my learners permit.

VB

Why aren't the parents being charged? Did she take the car with or without permission?

If without permission, more charges should be added. This is not some naive 15yo who got excited about learning to drive. This girl is legally an adult, someone we trust to sit on a jury, serve in our armed forces, and vote.

She should be in jail a lot longer than 2 months.

Why aren't the parents being charged? Did she take the car with or without permission?

If without permission, more charges should be added. This is not some naive 15yo who got excited about learning to drive. This girl is legally an adult, someone we trust to sit on a jury, serve in our armed forces, and vote.

She should be in jail a lot longer than 2 months.

Agreed. We have a case here locally of a DUI 19-year-old killing her 19-year-old passenger. 2 months is an outrage!

I have to wonder, who was allowing her to have a car to drive? My parents would have never allowed to to take the car with just my learners permit.

VB

This is the crux of the matter. who was responsible for her being allowed behind the wheel.

honestly, what is the very difference to this girl between 60 or 120 days for the death?

More on the story..

There was also a 4-year-old girl in the car.

Part of the article;

Wood had been babysitting the two children at Wood and Belisle’s Hancock home that day. Brown said he did not know Wood had taken the younger girls for a drive until he was called and asked to come to the scene of the accident.
Belisle said her four-year-old granddaughter, who was also in Wood’s car that day, escaped physical injury but has been traumatized by the experience of seeing Shawna Brown killed.
"She (Wood) should have never put those kids in that car," Belisle said. "She took away something precious, something that never can be replaced."

http://www.rherald.com/news/2007/1227/Front_page/f05.html

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

More on the story..

There was also a 4-year-old girl in the car.

Part of the article;

Wood had been babysitting the two children at Wood and Belisle’s Hancock home that day. Brown said he did not know Wood had taken the younger girls for a drive until he was called and asked to come to the scene of the accident.
Belisle said her four-year-old granddaughter, who was also in Wood’s car that day, escaped physical injury but has been traumatized by the experience of seeing Shawna Brown killed.
"She (Wood) should have never put those kids in that car," Belisle said. "She took away something precious, something that never can be replaced."

http://www.rherald.com/news/2007/1227/Front_page/f05.html

Respectfully,
dark_shadows
:eek: :eek: :eek: I can't understand the sentencing laws!
In California, you are not allowed to drive with a learner's permit with anyone under 18, unless an adult is present, and there conditions on what hours you may drive.
Where did this girl get the car keys?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back