862 users online (119 members and 743 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - Mom Burned 7 Year Old in Oven

This is disgusting. And I am glad that the daycare owner was also arrested. When a child is put in an oven, he is going to have burns on him that are going to be different from an iron burn when a child touches it out of curiousity. And the woman CHOOSE to ignore it and not report it. Throw her in an oven with this scum bag, pathetic excuse for a mother. Let these two jack asses see how it feels. THAT IS SHOWING REAL EMPATHY.
    ----------------------------------------

7-Year-Old Says Mother Burned Him In Oven
    Police: Boy Burned On Nose, Arm, Hand, Leg

POSTED: 5:50 pm EST January 11, 2008

AIRMONT, N.Y. -- A 26-year-old woman was arrested Friday and accused of burning her 7-year-old son in an oven, and a day-care worker was arrested for not reporting his burns, police said.

Authorities began investigating the family in November after the boy was spotted alone at a shopping center and told police he had run away because "his mother had put him in an oven and burned him as a punishment," the police account said.

The mother, Tiffany Fraser, of Tallman, was charged with assault and endangering a child. The day-care worker, Joelle Lherisson, 37, of Airmont, was charged with failure to report child abuse. They were arraigned in Airmont Village Court and released until their next court dates.

Fraser's lawyer, Edward Cigna, said he could not comment. There was no phone listing for either woman.

Lt. Brad Weidel of the Town of Ramapo police force, which covers Airmont, said the boy's burns - on his nose, arm, hand and left leg - were noticed at the daycare center in July, but the owner did not report them. In November, a customer at a shopping center in Tallman called police about the same boy because he was unaccompanied.

When the boy reported the oven incident, he and a sibling were removed from their home by the Rockland County children's agency and police began an investigation that led to both arrests, Weidel said.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/15032655/detail.html

Oh Levi that made me physically sick. That poor child. I can't even fathom how that little boy lived like that. Why, why wouldn't the daycare worker report that? Fear of losing money for two children in her center? Incrediably sad.

Here They Are

According to this article this little boy is a twin. Miss Joelle actually called the mom and asked her about the burns and the mom verified the story. Joelle's daycare was being investigated for something else when this came to light. Two big photographs of them here. Thanks to Dreamin Deamon for this.http://www.dreamindemon.com/2008/01/...cook/#more-567

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    According to this article this little boy is a twin. Miss Joelle actually called the mom and asked her about the burns and the mom verified the story. Joelle's daycare was being investigated for something else when this came to light. Two big photographs of them here. Thanks to Dreamin Deamon for this.http://www.dreamindemon.com/2008/01/...cook/#more-567
    I hope she never gets custody of either one if she ever gets out of jail! I think she needs SPAYED in prison, so she NEVER has another child again. Idiots like this shouldn't reproduce.

On a lighter note, I wonder how long the hags will last in prison?

This was punishment for losing his cell phone. I personally think that it is an unrealistic expectation for a parent to think that a young child can keep track of an expensive item, like a cell phone. He's too young!!

What idiot gives a 7 year old their own cell phone?

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim View Post
    This was punishment for losing his cell phone. I personally think that it is an unrealistic expectation for a parent to think that a young child can keep track of an expensive item, like a cell phone. He's too young!!
    That was what this punishment was for? Losing a cell phone? Am I reading right that he is 7 years old? Levi, who knows how well they will be received behind bars? By the looks of them I wouldn't tangle with them. Then again I've never been to jail or prison thank heavens. Poor kid. He was smart to have run away from her.

Well can she take 10 people that look just like her? It is weird, even jail birds have standards and child abusers aren't welcomed with open arms to say the least... I have a feeling this hag will be feeling the heat soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    What idiot gives a 7 year old their own cell phone?
    This one. I bought my 11 year old son, 7 yr old nephew and my 8 year old one at Christmas. They were the pre-paid kind, so not an expensive item. My nephew and sons both have to walk to bus stops and I can't walk with them because I have to be here with the little ones, so I gave them the phones just in case they need me or the police between here and there and when they are riding with friends somewhere I can reach them.

What this woman did was diplorable (sp?) and I hope that her and the day care worker both get punished to the max. I pray that no judge is stupid enough to give this child back to her!!

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim View Post
    My daughter went through a few "cheap" cellphones (the free ones, and a couple of old ones friends were done with when they got new ones.) She finally learned responsibility for it, and now that she's 15, it's never lost.

I, too, think it's unrealistic to expect them not to lose it. However, if you don't give them the opportunity to learn to keep track of something, how will they get the hang of keeping track of something?

I hope woman never gets these children back & as far as that day care hope her license is yanked for good! What a brave little boy to have the courage to tell someone of this abuse, too bad it wasn't a responsible person. He's 7 years old, this is something he will remember the rest of his life. Bless this child.

OMG, i have a residence in this county!! I'll be checking the local papers for this..

Hmm seems they are looking to investigate this further:

The Journal News would like to speak with the parents or relatives who attended the Airmont day-care center run by Joelle M. Lherisson at 10 Country Club Lane. Please call Steve Lieberman at 845-578-2443 or by e-mail at slieberm@lohud.com.

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...90/1019/NEWS03

Well, well, well...don't those two look like a bunch of winners!

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    Hmm seems they are looking to investigate this further:

The Journal News would like to speak with the parents or relatives who attended the Airmont day-care center run by Joelle M. Lherisson at 10 Country Club Lane. Please call Steve Lieberman at 845-578-2443 or by e-mail at slieberm@lohud.com.

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...90/1019/NEWS03
    Authorities had already received another complaint about this day care center when all this came to light. I wonder how this little boy is?