1034 users online (236 members and 798 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,248

    Exclamation UFO sitings

    n report seeing UFO

    By ANGELA K. BROWN, Associated Press Writer Mon Jan 14, 6:37 PM ET

    STEPHENVILLE, Texas - In this farming community where nightfall usually brings clear, starry skies, residents are abuzz over reported sightings of what many believe is a UFO.
    ADVERTISEMENT

    Several dozen people — including a pilot, county constable and business owners — insist they have seen a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast. Some reported seeing fighter jets chasing it.
    "People wonder what in the world it is because this is the Bible Belt, and everyone is afraid it's the end of times," said Steve Allen, a freight company owner and pilot who said the object he saw last week was a mile long and half a mile wide. "It was positively, absolutely nothing from these parts."
    While federal officials insist there's a logical explanation, locals swear that it was larger, quieter, faster and lower to the ground than an airplane. They also said the object's lights changed configuration, unlike those of a plane. People in several towns who reported seeing it over several weeks have offered similar descriptions of the object.
    Machinist Ricky Sorrells said friends made fun of him when he told them he saw a flat, metallic object hovering about 300 feet over a pasture behind his Dublin home. But he decided to come forward after reading similar accounts in the Stephenville Empire-Tribune.
    "You hear about big bass or big buck in the area, but this is a different deal," Sorrells said. "It feels good to hear that other people saw something, because that means I'm not crazy."
    Sorrells said he has seen the object several times. He said he watched it through his rifle's telescopic lens and described it as very large and without seams, nuts or bolts.


    Last edited by CW; 01-15-2008 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Due to copyright laws

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500

    True Dat

    Absolutely I believe these people. I'll have to check on Coast2Coast. The Bible Belt is worrying it's the end of times. I'd be afraid to get beamed up I can tell ya that.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD 'burbs of Washington DC
    Posts
    5,900
    I guess I can take the boards "biggest skeptic" award LoL... I don't think it was anything other than something of this world's own making. I do believe these people saw "something", and technically, in the purest of terms, it was unidentifiable to them... so yeah, they so a "UFO", but not of an alien kind. How much you want to bet it was a concept aircraft, being tested. It is in the right part of the US to see such things... that corner of the US, out to the desert edges of California, is breeding ground for aircraft testing.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,248

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    I guess I can take the boards "biggest skeptic" award LoL... I don't think it was anything other than something of this world's own making. I do believe these people saw "something", and technically, in the purest of terms, it was unidentifiable to them... so yeah, they so a "UFO", but not of an alien kind. How much you want to bet it was a concept aircraft, being tested. It is in the right part of the US to see such things... that corner of the US, out to the desert edges of California, is breeding ground for aircraft testing.

    Could be, maybe not...was front page of yahoo.
    Wonder what it is....and a picture of it would be great..
    And oooops. Forgot the link. sry wc
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080114/...fo_sightings_4

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ~*~ in the beautiful mountains of WV ~*~
    Posts
    1,342
    I can totally believe this!
    Why are some of us so arrogant on this Earth as to think that in all of that vast space out there that we are the only beings? I think the odds are that there is more out there than we could ever know.
    So cool! Wish I'd seen one!

    I think I know why they are visiting....I bet there coming to get that guy who just wrote that unauthorized biography about Tom Cruise. He screwed with their Earth leader and now they're p!ssed!

    Or they're coming to get TC and his followers.
    The rest of us will just have to wait on our own gods, lol.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,248

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by ember View Post
    I can totally believe this!
    Why are some of us so arrogant on this Earth as to think that in all of that vast space out there that we are the only beings? I think the odds are that there is more out there than we could ever know.
    So cool! Wish I'd seen one!

    I think I know why they are visiting....I bet there coming to get that guy who just wrote that unauthorized biography about Tom Cruise. He screwed with their Earth leader and now they're p!ssed!

    Or they're coming to get TC and his followers.
    The rest of us will just have to wait on our own gods, lol.
    Too funny, there pissed......

  7. #7
    Will be interesting if someone can come up with the video of this sighting!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,248

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Will be interesting if someone can come up with the video of this sighting!

    Surprise no one did or at least a picture of the siting......

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    462
    I read about this yesterday. I sure hope they don't head towards the Gulf Coast but if they do I will be sure and get ya'll a few pictures

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Other End
    Posts
    25,761
    So, why is it that these UFO's can come to our world and we can't seem to get to their's Ok, so we can fly to the moon .. whoopie! hehe


    This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,248

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by PaperDoll View Post
    So, why is it that these UFO's can come to our world and we can't seem to get to their's Ok, so we can fly to the moon .. whoopie! hehe

    Technology advanced to us I would guess.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    I guess I can take the boards "biggest skeptic" award LoL... I don't think it was anything other than something of this world's own making. I do believe these people saw "something", and technically, in the purest of terms, it was unidentifiable to them... so yeah, they so a "UFO", but not of an alien kind. How much you want to bet it was a concept aircraft, being tested. It is in the right part of the US to see such things... that corner of the US, out to the desert edges of California, is breeding ground for aircraft testing.

    Hey hey...move over and share that award with me!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720
    I believe in aliens and I believe that they are all around us...the voices in my head tell me so.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,248

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    I believe in aliens and I believe that they are all around us...the voices in my head tell me so.
    Back to your nightmares again dingo?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720
    Im never going to sleep again Pharlap.....if the bunyips dont get me then the aliens are sure too

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast