1267 users online (206 members and 1061 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Thanks Golfmom.

I thought I had read that when she found the note at 4 am her husband was already gone.. or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by close_enough View Post
    HEY...i found it in this timeline by the sheriff....NCIS contacted the sheriff at 9 am, about the note Christina found at 4 am, the morning Cesar fled...

here's the video .... sheriff's timeline of events

http://www.wtov9.com/video/15044379/index.html
    CE, could you please give the highlights. For the life of me I can't get it to work. sigh ... new computer ... vista .... aaaaaaacccccckkkkkkkk

Quote Originally Posted by BritDees View Post
    Close, I may be wrong, but I thought the neighbor said his wife was sitting outside the night before Laurean left and was kind of evesdropping on Laurean and Christina who were also outside talking/arguing. Then the next morning the neighbors wife took the dogs for a walk at 6:30 and saw Laurean. But by the time their child/children caught the bus for school (8ish) his truck was gone. So that made the statement from Christina, that the POS had left at 4am, bogus.

At least that's my recollection of what the neighbor said.
    thanks BritDees
    ....yes, Cesar was at the home at 6:30 am, & was gone by 8 am....it falls into place now better....Christina, more than likely, called right at around 8 am to report the note, because the Sheriff said he rec'd the info at 9 am from NCIS.....

It ha been reported that she found the note at 4:00am. But I think I also heard she confronted him about the note and him saying it was a suicide.
    Could this be part of the delay in her reporting the note. I think I also heard
    she contact her father and the the military police before Brown was notified.

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    CE, could you please give the highlights. For the life of me I can't get it to work. sigh ... new computer ... vista .... aaaaaaacccccckkkkkkkk
    sheriff's timeline

yes....on or about Dec 15th Maria was killed....

this is where it doesn't jibe with the military timeline...sheriff states that on the evening of Dec 15th, Sgt Durham finds the note & notifies Maria's family that she may have left....(the military timeline shows that Durham notified Maria's sister on Dec 14th)

at around 9 am, Jan 11th, NCIS notified the sheriff about the note that Christina says she found at 4 am....it's believed that Cesar was gone when the note was found.......

eta...i think the sheriff might have made a mistake on the day that Durham found Maria's note...i read somewhere that it was on a Friday that Durham said her car was there when he left that day, then he came home & found the note, & her car & belongings were gone....i tend to think Durham found the note on the 14th, like the military timeline points ......
    Last edited by close_enough; 01-16-2008 at 10:46 AM. Reason: to add

Thank you! between adjusting to the new computer and all the server overloads around here I'm tearing my hair out.

Christina has to be lying then, IMO.....i guess i'm putting too much into the neighbor's statements, but the guy was so sure that his wife saw Cesar at 6:30 am, & then at 8 am Cesar's vehicle was gone......on January 11th....

Christina has to be lying then, IMO.....i guess i'm putting too much into the neighbor's statements, but the guy was so sure that his wife saw Cesar at 6:30 am, & then at 8 am Cesar's vehicle was gone......on January 11th....
    Well, we haven't found an official source that states that when she woke up and found the note that he was gone. It could be that she did find the note between 4-4:30 a.m. and Cesar was still in the house. They discussed/argued about what to do and he finally jumped in his truck and took off before 8:00 and she in turn called NCIS.

Well, we haven't found an official source that states that when she woke up and found the note that he was gone. It could be that she did find the note between 4-4:30 a.m. and Cesar was still in the house. They discussed/argued about what to do and he finally jumped in his truck and took off before 8:00 and she in turn called NCIS.
    that's exactly how i think it went down....

the sheriff does say "it's believed that he was gone when the note was found"...he didn't say it was fact....

Her dad stated on an interview that she called him before calling authorities.
    Did she call him fo advice or maybe o come and get his granddaughter. I do
    not think she would have contacted Le before making arrangements for daughter.

Also, Where is she from originally. Is she also from Ohio, Did she know victim
    before she joined marines

yes, you make a very good point!...

about the car; if we had a strange car in the driveway, i wouldn't think a thing about hubby telling me it's a friends, & i'm going to put new brake pads on it for them this weekend....

now if i walked in & he was painting the house, i'd be like
    But, if my husband was accused of rape, or at the very least having an affair, I would know what kind of car the woman drove!

And I agree with the above poster that it depends on how they usually do things, but I don't know any men (i am sure someone would say their husband would, I just don't know any personally) that would choose a color. Unless they had already bought paint and selected a color, my husband would NEVER choose a color without my input because he wouldn't want to redo it when I didn't like it!!! Maybe he just used Kiltz or a base white type paint in preparation and that wouldn't look suspicious to her, but I still have my doubts about how she would not know....

Oh, and I would bet she was the one who helped to take the car to the bus station. Someone had to drive another vehicle. And, it never occured to anyone in LE to ask why she would take a bus if she had a car?? It would never cross my mind to take the bus if I had a reliable car. Bus rides are long with all the stops....

http://www.wtkr.com/Global/story.asp...6&nav=ZolHbyvj

Brown says tests show blood in two areas of Laurean's home...and that someone tried to hide the blood by painting over it. Investigators say luminol, a chemical used to detect traces of blood, revealed that there was a large amount of blood before the attempted cleanup.

Nancy Grace reported that there was blood on the ceiling. This had to be a major clean up, painting effort ... besides burning and burying the body.

How did he possibly have the time to do this without his wife finding out????

Quote Originally Posted by glezell View Post
    But, if my husband was accused of rape, or at the very least having an affair, I would know what kind of car the woman drove!

And I agree with the above poster that it depends on how they usually do things, but I don't know any men (i am sure someone would say their husband would, I just don't know any personally) that would choose a color. Unless they had already bought paint and selected a color, my husband would NEVER choose a color without my input because he wouldn't want to redo it when I didn't like it!!! Maybe he just used Kiltz or a base white type paint in preparation and that wouldn't look suspicious to her, but I still have my doubts about how she would not know....
    I agree with you on both counts. If my husband was accused of such a thing I would find everything about her I possibly could, including her car! My husband would never pick out a color on his own either, maybe there are some guys who would but I think that is very unusual.

http://www.wtkr.com/Global/story.asp...6&nav=ZolHbyvj

Brown says tests show blood in two areas of Laurean's home...and that someone tried to hide the blood by painting over it. Investigators say luminol, a chemical used to detect traces of blood, revealed that there was a large amount of blood before the attempted cleanup.
    Nancy Grace reported that there was blood on the ceiling. This had to be a major clean up, painting effort ... besides burning and burying the body.

How did he possibly have the time to do this without his wife finding out????
    The amount of time that had to go into the clean up of the house and the disposal of her body would have taken hours if not a couple of days. Unless she had gone out of town I would find it very implousible that she didn't know.

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast