1263 users online (205 members and 1058 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Seven is offline 1984 All Over Again:The Collective Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    The DISCUSSION thread DOES say discussion tho. HINT HINT
    which discussion thread?

aren't all threads for discussion unless otherwise specified?

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    That's okay, CE ....... I was just testing to see if I could find any holes in the explanation.

I wasn't talking about texting the sister. I was talking about this line: "Shortly after this conversation, LCpl Lauterbach’s Mother calls Sgt Durham. Sgt Durham text messages a junior member of LCpl Lauterbach’s work section indicating his belief she was going into an Unauthorized Absence status, commonly referred to as “going UA."

As soon as he got through talking on the phone to first the sister and then the mother, he sent a text message to Maria's workplace, telling them he BELIEVED she was leaving in an unauthorized manner.

Wouldn't most people have given it a few hours or maybe even the weekend before making such a serious notification of an illegal activity that had not even occurred yet? She was not going to be "UA" until Monday, 12/17 .... and Durham knew that.
    anyway .... sun coming up .... gotta catch a few winks.

This one's got me spinning.
    good point, Seven.....

spinning here also.....

LOL, I think it's great that we have a thread for discussing timeline issues and a static timeline thread for reference.

There's just so much information to cover in the timeline. One thing I've noticed is that although the dates seem solid, the spin put on them by the Corps feels totally like CYA. Everything is prefaced by ... we didn't know until blah blah blah ... sounds like they were sticking their fingers in their ears going lalalalalalala to not know a bunch of this stuff.

Not a bad thing at all, Golfmom! : ) Just a matter of respecting people who put timelines together for the purpose of quick reference is all, imo. I moved Little Deer's over to the new thread. She seemed concerned it would be lost in the shuffle as was I. It is much easier to go back to fact find much like the media threads.

Thanks for starting a Timeline No Discussion thread, Close. : )
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Not a bad thing at all, Golfmom! : ) Just a matter of respecting people who put timelines together for the purpose of quick reference is all, imo. I moved Little Deer's over to the new thread. She seemed concerned it would be lost in the shuffle as was I. It is much easier to go back to fact find much like the media threads.
    I didn't want it to get lost either. She obviously put a lot of time and effort and did a great job pulling that info together for us.

Personally, I hate long discussion threads. I'd rather have all important information nice and neat in clearly marked topic threads.

You know what's conspicuously absent from the Marine Corps timeline?

Where is any report of Maria's car being keyed or her being assaulted?

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post

i wondered the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by close_enough View Post
    i wondered the same thing....
    hmmm ... I'd bet that was a part of her request to live off base and not the mamby-pamby reasoning reported:

On September 17, 2007, LCpl Lauterbach requests permission from her command to move into off-base housing in order to prepare a home for her and her expected child. This is common practice for Marines who are about to go through a life changing event, for example a marriage or having a child.

here's another timeline by the Sheriff on video.....

http://www.wtov9.com/video/15044379/index.html

hmmm ... I'd bet that was a part of her request to live off base and not the mamby-pamby reasoning reported:
    On September 17, 2007, LCpl Lauterbach requests permission from her command to move into off-base housing in order to prepare a home for her and her expected child. This is common practice for Marines who are about to go through a life changing event, for example a marriage or having a child.
    could very well be, golfmom...

ok....so Jan 11th, NCIS notifies the Sheriff at around 9 am of the note that Christina found at (claims she found) 4 am....

I was wondering that, too. Where did this information come from? Did she report it or did she just tell it to her family and Durham? If the military command did not have this information, they couldn't have acted on it and it wouldn't be in their timeline.

UNFREAKIN BELIEVABLE ... It wasn't until Christina's call that the Marines had a clue.

http://www.newbernsj.com/news/lauter.../lcpl_cpl.html
    At no point prior to Friday morning when information about the note was provided by Cpl Laurean’s spouse, did the regimental commander or the NCIS investigators feel that LCpl Lauterbach was anything other than UA or have information that Cpl Laurean was involved in LCpl Lauterbach’s absence in any way.

I just caught a replay of the neighbor's interview from Greta.

He was very clear that the shovel was borrowed on the 16th and he saw CL driving Maria's car the next day on the 17th.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by close_enough View Post
    but WAIT!!....ok, Durham said Maria didn't leave the house key there....SO, is it possible that Cesar DID go into the home on the 14th, throw some things together in a bag, write a fake note from Maria?????....gosh, if she got off at noon, he'd been a busy boy if this is the case.....

nawww, i still tend to think that she purchased the bus ticket the next day (the 15th).....course that would mean she'd have stayed somewhere the night of the 14th....i'm surprised that if this is the case, no one's come out to say she stayed at their hotel/motel.......

LOL, i'm going in circles....
    I know its mind boggling! Wouldn't there be any witnesses that may have seen Laurean at her home.

What's the deal with Durham? Could he have known about any of this? It all seems to be heresay at this point, because they won't publish what he witnessed or said.

Also they say she died on 12/15, so if she was leaving town, why stop her?

Laurean had more to lose, then a baby being born. He's lies were going to be found!!! Still why kill her?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast