1309 users online (246 members and 1063 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    UNFREAKIN BELIEVABLE ... It wasn't until Christina's call that the Marines had a clue.

http://www.newbernsj.com/news/lauter.../lcpl_cpl.html
    At no point prior to Friday morning when information about the note was provided by Cpl Laurean’s spouse, did the regimental commander or the NCIS investigators feel that LCpl Lauterbach was anything other than UA or have information that Cpl Laurean was involved in LCpl Lauterbach’s absence in any way.
    >snip from timeline, military>
    From November 4th through November 13th, Cpl Laurean takes annual leave to his home in Las Vegas.

Does anyone find it odd that Laurean leaves for Las Vegas 11/4, >snip

Maria On November 5, 2007, LCpl Lauterbach moves into an off-base house, renting a room from Sgt Durham who is scheduled to deploy during late December and was looking for someone to rent his home while he was deployed. Additionally on this day, trial counsel re-interviews LCpl Lauterbach who readjusts her statement that her pregnancy is a result of the rape. However, she continues to maintain that she was raped by Cpl Laurean. Trial counsel continues to look at evidence and prepare recommendations for further actions to the regimental commander. NCIS continues to look for evidence to corroborate LCpl Lauterbach’s allegations.

set forth and moves offf campus and follows through on the rape allegations while he is out of town.

hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by close_enough View Post
    ok....so Jan 11th, NCIS notifies the Sheriff at around 9 am of the note that Christina found at (claims she found) 4 am....
    When I get home from work tonday. I am going to dig through some articles. i think the 4:00 AM time was corrected. ANd she called the LE or the USMC at 8: after finding the note.She and him were seen at 6:30 outside by the neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by KR2tonenow View Post
    I know its mind boggling! Wouldn't there be any witnesses that may have seen Laurean at her home.

What's the deal with Durham? Could he have known about any of this? It all seems to be heresay at this point, because they won't publish what he witnessed or said.

Also they say she died on 12/15, so if she was leaving town, why stop her?

Laurean had more to lose, then a baby being born. He's lies were going to be found!!! Still why kill her?
    IF CL (or Xtina) went over driving Maria's car, and slipped quietly and quickly in and out would the neighbors have noticed it wasn't Maria? She had only lived there short time too - some neighbors might not have even known she was living there.

Did they recover Maria's keys?? Her house key? What paper was the note written on? Something from the house -- or a piece of paper from somewhere else? Where was the note left? Since I don't think Maria was planning to go anywhere I also doubt she wrote the note - and if she did, I feel it was probably done under duress. I hope the experts can tell! (and I cannot believe it just occured to NCIS to check out the note!

My Opinion

Seven is offline 1984 All Over Again:The Collective Rules
    This case is definitely in the twilight zone ...... What are the odds that notifications about different occurrences on different dates (12/14/07, 12/15/07, 12/24/07, and 01/07/08) were ALL "received by the command" on ONE date, namely, 01/09/08?????

"I’d like to discuss briefly some specific information received by the command and when it was received:

• Information regarding a $700 ATM withdrawal made on December 14th was provided to the command on January 9th.

• Information regarding the purchase of the Greyhound bus ticket to El Paso on December 15th was provided to the command on January 9th.

• Information regarding LCpl Lauterbach’s cell phone being recovered and the circumstances of the recovery was provided to the command on January 9th.

• Information regarding an unidentified male withdrawing $400 from LCpl Lauterbach’s account on December 24th is provided on January 9th.

• Information regarding LCpl Lauterbach’s vehicle being found near the Greyhound bus station in Jacksonville on January 7th was provided on January 9th."

My, what a coincidence!

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    This case is definitely in the twilight zone ...... What are the odds that notifications about different occurrences on different dates (12/14/07, 12/15/07, 12/24/07, and 01/07/08) were ALL "received by the command" on ONE date, namely, 01/09/08?????

"I’d like to discuss briefly some specific information received by the command and when it was received:

• Information regarding a $700 ATM withdrawal made on December 14th was provided to the command on January 9th.

• Information regarding the purchase of the Greyhound bus ticket to El Paso on December 15th was provided to the command on January 9th.

• Information regarding LCpl Lauterbach’s cell phone being recovered and the circumstances of the recovery was provided to the command on January 9th.

• Information regarding an unidentified male withdrawing $400 from LCpl Lauterbach’s account on December 24th is provided on January 9th.

• Information regarding LCpl Lauterbach’s vehicle being found near the Greyhound bus station in Jacksonville on January 7th was provided on January 9th."

My, what a coincidence!
    One thing I've been considering is that possibly local LE was running through the investigations, pulling a lot of this information together, and the local Marine unit was blocking access to CL. Finally the Sheriff went directly to their command. Unfortunately, even with Maria's uncle and mother and the Sheriff trying to get their attention, it still took a couple of days before Command got serious about what was happening.

Mygirlsadie: the shovel was borrowed on the 16th, and the neighbor saw CL driving Maria's car on the 17th.

Could you delete your post on the other timeline?
    Thanks!

Ok thanks! And yes I will delete it.. Where was Maria from the 14th to the 16th when apparently she was buried then?

Mygirlsadie: the shovel was borrowed on the 16th, and the neighbor saw CL driving Maria's car on the 17th.

Could you delete your post on the other timeline?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    Ok thanks! And yes I will delete it.. Where was Maria from the 14th to the 16th when apparently she was buried then?
    Maybe Christina could answer that one for us.

Timeline by Date

Okay, before I go alot farther in this. Just wanted to know if this format can/will help us or make it more confusing???

12/14/07

Marines: CL reports to duty
    Marines: CL does not attend X-Mas Party
    AMW: Maria does not attend X-Mas Party
    AMW: Durham finds Note
    Marines: Durham finds Note
    Marines: Durham calls Maria's Sister
    Marines: Durham talks to Maria's Mother
    AMW: Maria reports to work - Ends @ Noon

Just want some ideas in stucturing before I go any further!!!

I'm really trying to make what I think is such a conflicting collection of dates, times, etc. into something that we could as least say,,,,

yea.......that is 2 or 3 times that date/time has been stated, so therefore, we can place some reliance on that as being more true than false.

Or would this just confuse everyone even more than we are now??
    Last edited by Littledeer; 01-22-2008 at 05:31 PM. Reason: adding sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
    Okay, before I go alot farther in this. Just wanted to know if this format can/will help us or make it more confusing???

12/14/07

I'm really trying to make what I think is such a conflicting collection of dates, times, etc. into something that we could as least say,,,,

yea.......that is 2 or 3 times that date/time has been stated, so therefore, we can place some reliance on that as being more true than false.

I think it's fantastic!!

Great Job!! I finally got tired of the stupid "server busy" notice and gave up last night.

To be able to see the different reports on what happened and when should help us to weed out the truth among them, I hope. I don't understand how so many entities have such different timelines!!

Also on the 14th: She went to the ATM and to the Bus station. The 5:00pm sighting of her by the attendant there was her last that has been reported, at least.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post

12/14/07

Here is what I have gathered for 14th...

12 noon - Xmas party (evidently neither Cesar nor Maria attended - recall Maria not attend per USMC timeline)

230pm - Maria talks to mom (source? Dayton Daily?)

420pm - Maria ATM withdraw (Fox Trace Gallagher video of Maria's last steps) NOTE: I also seem to recall a 445pm time for this somewhere.

5pm - 1) Maria at bus station per ticket sales guy, 2) Maria at Laurean's around 5pm per LE according to Trace Gallagher video (he said it is at least 25 minutes from ATM to Laurean's in light traffic)

~7pm - Xtina home? - Think I saw this referenced by Shepherd Smith

Items on 14th w/out times:
    1) Durham finds note (USMC)
    2) Durham talks to sister (USMC)
    3) Durham talks to Maria's mom - was this on the 14th?
    4) Xtina at party? Not sure since conflict between 14th and 15th date reported

One thing I've been considering is that possibly local LE was running through the investigations, pulling a lot of this information together, and the local Marine unit was blocking access to CL. Finally the Sheriff went directly to their command. Unfortunately, even with Maria's uncle and mother and the Sheriff trying to get their attention, it still took a couple of days before Command got serious about what was happening.
    When I looked at the PDF files of the variuos warrants posted elswehere in these threads, it appeared to me that the local LE folks were either slack or just slack in teir investigation. They did not contact the base - only checked a national database to see if she was listed AWOL (18 Dec as I recall). Did not follow-up with folks on the base. This to me is just plain sloppy. Other than the waterwitch hanger trick used to locate Maria's body, I am just not impressed with LE in this case.

No doubt the base folks dropped the ball in dragging out the rape investigation and in not contacting LE sometime between 17 Dec and 7 Dec. May be partially due to seperate hands not talking to eachother. From my knowledge, NCIS is purposefully totally seperate from MPs and rest of base. Sad. Hopefully this will spur some real change both in military and in local LE.

Quote Originally Posted by btbsmith View Post
    When I looked at the PDF files of the variuos warrants posted elswehere in these threads, it appeared to me that the local LE folks were either slack or just slack in teir investigation. They did not contact the base - only checked a national database to see if she was listed AWOL (18 Dec as I recall). Did not follow-up with folks on the base. This to me is just plain sloppy. Other than the waterwitch hanger trick used to locate Maria's body, I am just not impressed with LE in this case.

No doubt the base folks dropped the ball in dragging out the rape investigation and in not contacting LE sometime between 17 Dec and 7 Dec. May be partially due to seperate hands not talking to eachother. From my knowledge, NCIS is purposefully totally seperate from MPs and rest of base. Sad. Hopefully this will spur some real change both in military and in local LE.
    One of the things the sheriff discussed during an interview was that as the detectives frustration in not having their calls returned as to their inquiries on the base. After the detectives brought their concerns to the sheriff he contacted command and things began moving. Seems like during Dec. and early Jan. the unit was dragging their feet cooperating with LE.

I also recall hearing that Cesar worked until 4:00am when he took off early.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast