Madeleine McCann General Discussion Thread No. 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, no takers to start this going?

Here we go.

Predictions for the New Year and Madeleine:

I predict that the McCanns will withdraw from public life more and more and the role of advocate for missing children will gradually decrease. Gerry will become involved in his career again.

It will be more difficult for Kate to find her place in the world, even with twins still at home.

Texana: I'm not sure if the McCanns will withdraw from public life. I guess it depends on how much pressure the cops put on them.

The only thing I can think of to write is that I wish we would get some sort of "official" report about this little girl missing in Spain instead of articles about Metodo "believing" it is connected to Maddie. Metodo and Team McCann can say anything they want in a vacuum without any official input.

What, no takers to start this going?

Here we go.

Predictions for the New Year and Madeleine:

I predict that the McCanns will withdraw from public life more and more and the role of advocate for missing children will gradually decrease. Gerry will become involved in his career again.

It will be more difficult for Kate to find her place in the world, even with twins still at home.

I think the McCanns will continue to stay in the limelight as long as the money is there and the media publishes stories about them and/or Madeline.

Interestedwoman, where did you find that the McCanns have had 320,000 pounds for living expenses? That's an enormous amount of money!!!!

I think the McCanns will withdraw from life....straight into a Portuguese jail cell!

(I can dream, can't I?)

I should amend my prediction to say that the McCanns will withdraw as a way of avoiding serious questions about the night Madeleine went missing and their actions then and afterwards.

I see their repeated wish to "be normal again" as their way of avoiding the consequences of that night--so that any questions or repeated disbelief gets filed under "not wanting them to move on and have a decent life after all."

I can also see Kate trying to get pregnant again...

I still believe they are innocent, negligent, but innocent!

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad result if they 'withdrew', I sense a general weariness with the case and some despair in ever getting the truth. If the PJ turn out not to have a case I would find any subsequent media events, films, books and so on from the McCanns too hard to take.

Yes, for severe child neglect!

Of course it will never happen.

So tell your buddies to have no fear.

Yes, for severe child neglect!

Of course it will never happen.

So tell your buddies to have no fear.

EH?? Buddies? :eek: What in the world are you talking about? :confused: I dont know the McCanns from a hole in the wall,just dont like some of the remarks made,doesnt mean I have to KNOW them does it? :doh:

By Lorraine Kelly.

McCanns guilty.. only of caring

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/columnists/lorraine_kelly/article703962.ece

I BELIEVE Kate and Gerry McCann are GUILTY...

... Guilty of leaving their kids alone while they enjoyed a meal with friends, and they are most certainly guilty of moving heaven and earth in order to try to find their beloved Madeleine.
But that is all.

I have said it before — but I will say it again. Those who attack the McCanns should try to think the unthinkable and imagine what it would be like to be in their shoes.
Then ask yourself what you would do if your child was missing and there was a chance, no matter how slim, to get them back. You would stop at nothing.

I have said it before — but I will say it again. Those who attack the McCanns should try to think the unthinkable and imagine what it would be like to be in their shoes.
Then ask yourself what you would do if your child was missing and there was a chance, no matter how slim, to get them back. You would stop at nothing.

OK, first of all, I would NOT have left my children alone in the room - even if they were sound asleep - so I can go dining/drinking with friends while staying in a virtually unfamiliar place. I worry too much about the "what ifs" (fire, break-in, you name it). But I'll look past that part for now and imagine myself in their shoes upon finding my daughter missing. After thoroughly searching the room for her, I would absolutely panic and contact the police. I would NOT leave my other YOUNGER children alone if there was reason to suspect my daughter had been abducted. I would cooperate with investigators and answer ALL QUESTIONS (yep, all 40 of 'em) no matter how incriminating they may seem. I would stop at nothing to find her - and would conduct myself and my efforts with INTEGRITY and respect. I would find it impossible to go jogging, shopping, sight-seeing or partying until my daughter is found. I WOULD NOT BEHAVE LIKE THE MCCANNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gerry for Scot of the year, Kate a pin-up in a lads mag :eek: , famous meeting with the Pope and First Lady and many more Politicians. All this from losing their daughter.

The world has gone MAD!

Bandini...TOTALLY agree with everything you say.

OK, first of all, I would NOT have left my children alone in the room - even if they were sound asleep - so I can go dining/drinking with friends while staying in a virtually unfamiliar place. I worry too much about the "what ifs" (fire, break-in, you name it). But I'll look past that part for now and imagine myself in their shoes upon finding my daughter missing. After thoroughly searching the room for her, I would absolutely panic and contact the police. I would NOT leave my other YOUNGER children alone if there was reason to suspect my daughter had been abducted. I would cooperate with investigators and answer ALL QUESTIONS (yep, all 40 of 'em) no matter how incriminating they may seem. I would stop at nothing to find her - and would conduct myself and my efforts with INTEGRITY and respect. I would find it impossible to go jogging, shopping, sight-seeing or partying until my daughter is found. I WOULD NOT BEHAVE LIKE THE MCCANNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bandini no one is argueing about your first point. I believe we have all said time and again they shoudn't have left the children alone. It was also said in the article.

As for the rest..If I were them I wouldn't trust the PLE either after they deliberately leaked lies to the press smearing them. A couple of detectives, one the leading detective on Madeleine's case is on criminal charges himself for his part in the beating up of another missing childs mother.

Who is to say what anyone in their situation would need to do to get through each day. Jogging is a big part of their lives so if it made them feel normal and gave them strengh..If only for a short time. Who are we to critisize.
They are doing everything they can to find Madeleine. Against all odds and cruel misinformation. Which is more than can be said for the PLE.
As for the rest. Everybody has to shop and I don't believe they have shopped for the sheer pleasure of it. Accusing them of sight-seeing and partying though.......cruel as well as over the top. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10