GUILTY NY - Nixzmary Brown, 7, beaten to death in Brooklyn, 11 Jan 2006

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Police on Wednesday were investigating the death of a 7-year-old girl in a Brooklyn apartment she shared with her mother and five other young children.

The mother told authorities she found the victim, identified as Nixzmary Brown, unconscious in their home in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section at about 4 a.m. on Wednesday and called 911. The child was pronounced dead at the scene by emergency medical technicians.

Officials for the Administration for Children's Services said the family already was under investigation for a child abuse allegation, but provided no further details.
http://www.wnbc.com/news/5997526/detail.html

I heard this on my local news this afternoon. They suspect child abuse in this case. So sad. I'm so sick of these parents killing their children.

MrsMush99 said:
I heard this on my local news this afternoon. They suspect child abuse in this case. So sad. I'm so sick of these parents killing their children.
I'm with ya there! :furious:

Nixzmary Brown's tragic life of unimaginable physical and emotional agony ended at 4:30 a.m. yesterday when the 7-year-old's battered body was found in her Brooklyn "house of horrors." The second-grader had been bound to a chair, tortured, sexually molested and starved for weeks before being killed by a savage blow to the head - even after child welfare authorities dismissed charges of abuse.
In what cops are calling the worst child abuse case in a decade, Nixzmary was beaten with a belt without mercy because her stepfather believed she was "wild," police sources said yesterday.

Trapped inside a makeshift, barren bedroom, Nixzmary missed weeks of school - and was forced to use a cat's litter box as her bathroom, sources said.

Her stepfather, Cesar Rodriguez, 27, an Army veteran with a past assault arrest, and her mother, Nixzaliz Santiago, 27, were both charged with second-degree murder. Based on his own admissions and statements from other children in the family, Rodriguez also was charged with sexual abuse.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/story/382142p-324447c.html

Painfully obvious little girl was abused

Nixzmary Brown's secret torment should have been obvious.
Her forehead was bruised. Her eye had been blackened. She wore bulky coats even when it wasn't cold.

And the 7-year-old was frighteningly thin for her age and height, weighing merely 36 pounds, making her ribs clearly visible.

But she never shouted out for help because she was terrified of her stepfather, Cesar Rodriguez, 27.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/story/382066p-324415c.html

A bright and talented 7-year-old girl was beaten to death yesterday in her Brooklyn apartment — where she was often tied to a wooden chair — even though child-welfare agents were already probing allegations of abuse, authorities said yesterday.
Nixzmary Brown was unconscious and unresponsive when she was found by her mother yesterday morning in their Bedford-Stuyvesant home.

Police said the tiny girl was found face up on the floor and had multiple bruises and injuries that were "in various stages of healing."

Cops questioned Santiago and her husband, Cesar Rodriguez, 27, amid allegations from neighbors that he abused Nixzmary mercilessly and threatened that she "would not see her 8th birthday."

Rodriguez was later charged with second-degree murder, sex abuse, endangering the welfare of a minor and criminal possession of a weapon. Police said Rodriguez took a nap at the 79th Precinct station house after he was grilled by cops.
http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/60261.htm

Ok, she missed WEEKS of school? And no one came looking for her??? There is something seriously wrong here.

aww poor baby........I am so tired of hearing about kids that miss days of school and nobody calls the house or reports it, whats up with that????!?!??!

michelle said:
aww poor baby........I am so tired of hearing about kids that miss days of school and nobody calls the house or reports it, whats up with that????!?!??!

It was reported. The school had made two reports to DHS. One, no evidence of abuse, and they were in the process of investigating the second.

This whole "shout out" thing, or I guess here they call it "outcry", where a child has to tell a social worker, when asked, that abuse is going on is just . . . unfair. Kids who are too frightened to tell, or too ashamed, just keep getting abused even though it's horribly obvious. There was a 15 year old girl here who killed her stepfather after he had sex with her daily for years . . years . . and they couldn't do anything about it because when social workers would ask her, she'd deny it.

This poor girl. And poor neighbors, who have to live with the fact that they tried to get her help but help was too slow in coming.

Her unexplained truancy and bruises on her head led school officials to notify the ACS again, sources said. A second official case file was opened Dec. 1.

But sources said investigators took no action to safeguard Nixzmary or her siblings. The agency has 60 days to investigate a complaint.

Okay two months is way too long. That poor sweet child. A neighbor said it disturbed her to thing of Nixzmary tied in the chair and being beaten and didn't even know why. :(

And this is only being charged with 2nd degree murder? That's BS!!!!! That poor, poor little girl. My heart aches for her.

The outside world knew Nixzmary Brown was a little girl in peril.

Her school saw the warning signs. So did neighbors. Even child welfare workers had been alerted -- twice.

But somehow no one could save the tiny 7-year-old from a fatal beating in a second-floor Brooklyn apartment where she had been tethered to a chair with twine. Her death -- the fourth homicide in recent months in families monitored by the city's Administration for Children's Services -- renewed concerns about the agency's ability to protect abused children.
http://www.wnbc.com/news/5997526/detail.html

I blame the mother when I read story like this. This child did not ask for a "stepfather". Her mother knew what was happeneing and stood by and let it happen. She'd BETTER be going to prison right along with her "chosen" mate. This makes me sick.

I've been following what's been going on there. This case is one of 4 in the last two months there where CHILD PROTECTION (LOL) services FAILED with deadly consequences.

It's heartbreaking...of course CPS is issuing the same old standard line of BS! How many years are we gonna hear about investigations and panels to insure this never happens again? It's a sick JOKE! The worst part....it's like this EVERYWHERE! The public has no idea about the HUNDREDS of other cases in every state where they dropped the ball and kids are abused nearly to death, raped repeatedly, or starved...confidentiality and all. CPS bury their mistakes. We only hear about the DEAD ones.

From the NY Post link above:

Rodriguez's sister, Iris, said Nixzmary seemed fine when she saw her six months ago.

"The last thing she told me was she wanted to come with me to Puerto Rico," Iris, 24, said. "I said I would take her in the summer."

"Now I feel guilty. I wish I would have known something was going on," the sister said.

But she said she never saw mistreatment of any of the children and still had a hard time believing her brother could be guilty.

"He loved those kids like his own," she said. "He's like God to these kids."

Y'know, Linda, I think unless we decide as a society to go back to institutionalized care/orphanages, there is no hope for kids like these. There is simply not enough foster care. There's nowhere to take the kids who appear abused.

I think we need to move in that direction, to larger boarding school style facilities for children whose parents will kill them otherwise.

It's horrible. It seems like this problem is monumentally huge. In generations past, parents who couldn't take care of their children appropriately had dead children, either by abuse or starvation. We can do better than that, and we need to.

KatherineQ said:
Y'know, Linda, I think unless we decide as a society to go back to institutionalized care/orphanages, there is no hope for kids like these. There is simply not enough foster care. There's nowhere to take the kids who appear abused.

I think we need to move in that direction, to larger boarding school style facilities for children whose parents will kill them otherwise.

It's horrible. It seems like this problem is monumentally huge. In generations past, parents who couldn't take care of their children appropriately had dead children, either by abuse or starvation. We can do better than that, and we need to.
I so agree

Linda7NJ said:
I so agree
As do I. This is just heartbreaking. And, I want to know why he is only being charged with second-degree instead of first. That man deserves worse than the death penalty. MOO:banghead:

I am so sick that I don't know what to say. I try to imagine what this child went through. And mom just watches. What do we do? I can't save them all, just let me save one!

This is one of the worst stories I have read. I can't believe these evil, evil beings did this to that poor little girl.

Damn them to hell. :furious: Even Hell is too good for them.

Parents of Nixzmary Brown's heartbroken classmates yesterday blasted city child-welfare workers for not rescuing the little girl from the serial torture that killed her — and came to the defense of school officials who suspected the abuse.
"The school really tried to save her life," said Jerry Jones, 33, a parent volunteer at PS 256 in Brooklyn. "If you saw how hard our teachers took it, you'd see the care and the love was there.

"It's just that ACS [Administration for Children's Services] dropped the ball — and by dropping the ball, that little girl is not here."
http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/59191.htm

EVIL STEPDAD'S SADISTIC RAGE

He was a crazed monster and she was his pint-sized prey.
Whatever 7-year-old Nixzmary Brown did, it was inevitably wrong in the eyes of her brutish, 27-year-old stepfather.

There were six kids in their cramped Bed-Stuy apartment, and she was the one Cesar Rodriguez always targeted.
http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/59194.htm

Please save me! Girl begged kin
But grandma couldn't afford to take her from Brooklyn hell

"Don't leave me here! Take me with you!"
That was the heartbreaking Christmas plea of Nixzmary Brown, who begged her grandmother to rescue her from her Brooklyn torture chamber.

Grandmother Maria Gonzalez, 53, told the Daily News yesterday how the bruised and battered 7-year-old begged to go back to Puerto Rico with her after a holiday visit.
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/382435p-324685c.html

The evil in Daddy's dark eyes

The man 7-year-old Nixzmary Brown called Daddy sat in the glass-enclosed holding area just inside the arraignment part at Brooklyn Criminal Court.
Beside him sat the woman the murdered child called Mommy, her head bowed, her honeycolored dyed hair cloaking her face. She gave an impression of feeling at least shame, if not exactly soul-searing grief.
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/382533p-324721c.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998