Jail/prison conditions & daily life for GMH?

Pure Maple Syrup

Former Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine the outcry if the Dawson County Detention Center allowed Hilton to commit suicide right now? Or let another inmate kill him before he gives up the location of all the other victims?

With that in mind, it seems fair to assume that he is under both suicide watch and protective custody.

I have, thankfully, never been in or even at a jail, much less a rural Georgia one :eek: Can someone who is knowledgeable about such things post and share what his life is probably like in there? Is he, for instance, being allowed to watch the TV news? Read newspapers? Buy snacks?

Depends on his behavior but most probably yes. While his victims families don't even have closure yet.

I hope absolutely no harm comes to Hilton---just yet. LE needs answers on what other crimes the slime may have committed. Families need answers and justice. And, this bizarre, twisted duck should be studied by teams of forensic psychiatrists/psychologists to learn more about what makes them tick.

After his usefulness is gone I hope he rots in prison until he dies.

Lion

I am sure that he is in solitary on strict suicide watch. He is either on constant watch or 15 minute checks. He is most likely allowed out of his cell for 1 hour a day. Lawyer visits count as time out of his cell and if he visited with a lawyer, he would only be allowed a shower and that is it. He would have to have all phone calls pre approved and that would count for his hour out.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Also, if a person wants to commit suicide in a jail or prison, there is nothing an officer can do to prevent it unless the inmate is on constant ops.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

I am sure that he is in solitary on strict suicide watch. He is either on constant watch or 15 minute checks.

Would a personality like Hilton hate the amount of attention he's getting? Or enjoy it?

I can't imagine how awful it would be to have every second of my day watched (even pee and BMs), videotaped, analyzed, commented on by jail personnel.

Also, he was allegedly a heavy smoker. Is he being allowed to smoke? What about TV? Is he being allowed to bask in his "fame", laying around watching CNN?

He can only watch tv during his hour out. This is determined by a cell number and if he was already out for a lawyer visit, health center visit ect.

He is not videotaped in his cell. But there are places where he would be taped. He is watched and it is recorded when he is seen on checks and when he comes out of his cell.
No he cannot smoke.

He can only watch tv when he is on rec.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

He can only watch tv during his hour out.
Thanks, DS. How do we know there are the rules for him at the Dawson County Detention Center? I imagine each county is different.

How can he be allowed sheets/blankets, since he can use them to strangle himself? You don't need anything overhead, you can just twist and twist it around your neck until you pass out. How are they protecting US from him doing this?

How about 4-point restraints and 24-hour observation?

If he was in restraints, it would be because he displayed the need to have officers stop his self harm or harm to others.
He would then be restrained and placed on constant watch.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Thanks, DS. How do we know there are the rules for him at the Dawson County Detention Center? I imagine each county is different.

How can he be allowed sheets/blankets, since he can use them to strangle himself? You don't need anything overhead, you can just twist and twist it around your neck until you pass out. How are they protecting US from him doing this?
Dear Pure Maple Syrup,
If a person is on suicide watch, they are assigned a watch suit and a watch blanket. I can say that he is in a suicide watch suit and he has one watch blanket. Due to the high profile case. He is also seeing a mental health person.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

If a person is on suicide watch, they are assigned a watch suit and a watch blanket. I can say that he is in a suicide watch suit and he has one watch blanket. Due to the high profile case. He is also seeing a mental health person.
Sorry for appearing dense here, but are you speaking generally about inmates in this type of situation, or about Hilton specifically?

What is a "watch suit"? A "watch blanket"? Can you describe these?

Dear Pure Maple Syrup,
I can assume that the system is the same where Hilton is as where I worked.

A watch suit is a suit that has velcro along the back length of a dress type suit with velcro on the shoulders also and is rip proof.
A watch blanket is made of rip proof material. (so it cannot be torn or gnawed to cause rips in the material to be used to cause self-harm.)

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Shadows, thank you for all of the info you are posting on what it may be like for Hilton in jail:). This gives us a good picture.

Lion

To my very dearest Lion,:blowkiss:

You are very welcome my treasured friend.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

Dear Pure Maple Syrup,
I can assume that the system is the same where Hilton is as where I worked.
Thanks. I see you're from Vermont though. Not rural Georgia. You said "where I worked"...that's past tense, how long ago did you used to work in corrections? Also, your initial post said that Hilton "IS wearing this-and-this, and he IS seeing a psych, etc", implying that you know those details as facts. Rather than stating that you think that "an inmate such as Hilton would probably be wearing such-and-such". etc.

With all due respect, is it possible that things might be different at the current time, in rural Georgia?

I would think that most correctional facilities are run basically the same. Maybe with minor differences.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back